Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607334 times)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #15900 on: May 28, 2019, 11:44 AM »
OS, thanks for the update. Glad all is well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15901 on: May 28, 2019, 01:16 PM »

WW your boat allow you to fish in the rain ?

Yep we have a roof to put up  :thumbsup:   just really hate getting everything soaked  ::)

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #15902 on: May 28, 2019, 02:36 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone,
   Mr. Ninja, Thank You for informing us all.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
  Mike...so glad to read you and the family were ok after that mess, wow, too close. Hope the weather conditions have improved out that way , stay safe Sir!   :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline UP jigstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15903 on: May 28, 2019, 04:24 PM »
It WAS a wild night last night with a tornado outbreak and one confirmed death. We escaped damage and are all Ok. Many are still without power and my daughter is without water so is coming over. We had hail, torrential rain, along with very high winds! It blew stuff everywhere!! :o Thanks for everyone's concern and you can believe there was some praying going on!! It seems to have worked!! :thumbsup:

I was wondering how you fared last night. Glad to hear you and yours made it through safely. The damage path from one of the tornadoes is 1/4 mile north of my sons home. Needless to say it was a stressful couple of hours last night.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15904 on: May 29, 2019, 02:23 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  A cool damp start this am and 47*, high of 66 today with rain late afternoon/evening.
  Thoughts and prayers sent to all those affected by the tornadoes out in the Dayton area. Saw some of the  footage on last evening’s news, terrible.

UP...very happy your son was safe through that ordeal, wow that was way too close!! Welcome to the 9:45!   :thumbsup:
  Bud...glad to read the tornadoes that touched down out there were away from the masses.... :clap:  Hope the truck fix goes well.   :thumbsup:
  Marv...great picture of the turkey!  :roflmao:   Congrats to your wife on the kayak sale...does she have her eye on another one in particular?   :thumbsup:
  H2...best wishes sent to your wife this am on the eye surgery!  :thumbsup:  Will be looking forward to your fishing trips soon, best of luck out there. 
  Jeff...hoping these cooler temps don’t bother the new garden.
  Wally...make sure to thank Mr.WW for his service from me,  :thumbsup:  Think I heard it mentioned on the news Lake Ontario at a new record high with all the water.
  I-45...hope everything is going well for you and your wife on the moving end.   :thumbsup:

We dodged the rains until just before coffee break yesterday, then had to break out the tents...rained light and steady the remainder of the day.
  Thanks for the kind words about the parade and my granddaughter...it was very pleasurable to see what a few kind words and a couple of thumbs up did for some of the people hearing them. Enjoyed that... :thumbsup:
  Moral has been high the last week, however, today the foreman returns from vacation...Doh!   ;D
  Cawfee’s on....
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15905 on: May 29, 2019, 04:23 AM »
Morning all,

H2L......best wishes to MrsH2 on her surgery  ;)

Eddie.....will pass your thanks along  :bow:  always nice to know that the job you do is appreciated, especially with all the negative press law enforcement/first responders get  :-\

Heading out to look for some eyes this morning, not getting my hopes up tho  :blink:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15906 on: May 29, 2019, 05:08 AM »
49* clouds but no rain.
WW, hope you find some fish, its going to be a cool start out on the water.
Eddie, we had rain most of the day on Tuesday and heavy at times. Hoping to get the boat out of the garage this afternoon and it could even see the lake on Friday. Would like to get out just to be able to say I fished in May. Still lots of junk floating in the lake so won't go far or fast. Hope you don't have to "re-train" the boss after his vacation.

OS, saw some videos of some the storms in Ohio. Thoughts and prayers with those in the area.
Everyone have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15907 on: May 29, 2019, 05:37 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                     It's 44* and cloudy here on my hill, is it ever going to warm up. ::)
                     Eddie........My wifes garden looks good so far but the seeds that she planted needs sun and warmer temps to germinate. :whistle:
                     Wally .......Good luck out on the lake today.. :thumbsup: I'm glad you enjoyed my ice cream. :roflmao:
                     H2L..........I remember in the summer of 1976, it rained a lot like this one, I don't know if lakes were this high, I had just moved here
            from California and was just getting use to the area. ???
                     Marv.........That's a funny picture of the Turkey, I'm glad to see that he's a safety conscious bird. lol :roflmao: Didn't your wife have problems
            with her kayak a while ago? ???
                     I-45..........I hope the packing is going well, isn't Saturday the move day! ???
                     I have PT today, that's about it for me today. ::)
                     I hope everyone has a Good Wednesday, Hump Day either at work or out on some sort of water..

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15908 on: May 29, 2019, 05:49 AM »
IW, I am impressed, you remember 1976. This is the 3rd time since 2011 that I have seen so high early season. I do know that in the 70's we were getting some nice walleyes. Good luck today with the PT...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15909 on: May 29, 2019, 08:13 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Their saying more rain over the next few days. Packing is going. Moving stuff on Saturday to the storage unit and maybe some stuff to the apartment. Sunday is the big day. We’re very grateful that her family hired movers. I don’t know what we would have done otherwise.

Old Sailor, Thank you for the update, Glad your ok.

Hunts2long, Good luck and prayers for your wife’s surgery today.

Ice Wanderer, Good luck at Pt today.

WallyWorld, Good luck today.

I hope everyone has a great day and stays dry.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15910 on: May 29, 2019, 08:38 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

57 heading into the mid 70's later on. They are guessing a solid 80 on Friday ???

WW best of luck searching out a Walter. Hope you two find some willing participants :thumbsup:

Eddie sorry to read old iron pants makes a return :whistle: Yes the Wife has one picked out, an Old Town Topwater 120 PDL It has the best warranty in the business and  it is around 75 pounds which makes the weight manageable for the girls.https://www.austinkayak.com/Old-Town-Topwater-120-PDL-Kayak/ACK27385P.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shopping:%20ACK%20PLA&adpos=1o1&scid=scplp27385_30302_1&sc_intid=27385_30302_1&gclid=CjwKCAjw27jnBRBuEiwAdjQXDKeFhmM9muL611jysyBc8zztQ90ljGR00RGo7RN4wKtXvHhWaCHg7xoChHoQAvD_BwE

IW Good luck at PT. I saw a few gardens around here that were washed out. Yes it's a long story so I will try and be short. When the s-i-l bought her first kayak it was a Hobie. At the time they were the only company that had a decent peddle drive kayak. When my wife wanted to get into them 2 years later, s-i-l gave my wife hers and bought a new one. My wife's hull cracked just as they were getting 2 weeks away from their week long fishing trip up north. Many phone calls and 3 trips to Hobie netted the company basically telling her "too bad, but we have a new one we would set you up with for $50 off". The girls were pretty upset with Hobie, being the Yaks are close to $3000 each and all the hype of how they are #1 left a bitter taste.

The s-i-l bought a brand new one of a different make to salvage the trip. My wife inherited her old Hobie and the year ended with the cracked kayak laying in the weeds, basically junk. The more they talked about it the madder they got about their treatment from Hobie. Also researching, they discovered the crack was a defect that others had also experienced with the model they had. Being my wife's yak still looked good they decided to sell it before something similar happened and they got hung out to dry again by Hobie.

The s-i-l eats and breathes kayaks so when she found out about the Old Town she convinced my wife to get it. It also helped that my wife got to keep the money from the sale of the one she was using to put toward a new one. Right now it's trying to find one in stock as this is a new model and all the dealers are waiting on it.

Time for me to head outside. Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #15911 on: May 29, 2019, 03:20 PM »
Good afternoon ER's! This is just a quick update on our Memorial Day tornadoes. There were 9 confirmed tornadoes on the ground! :woot: All of that and only one fatality!  :angel
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15912 on: May 30, 2019, 02:28 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Calm 55* this am, high of 71 today here on the Hill.

OS...after seeing some of the destruction those tornadoes left in their paths, t’s a miracle there was only one loss of life. Hope things have settled down out there... :thumbsup:
  Marv...that’s a fine looking kayak your wife is getting, wishing her many years of fun trips with that. Good luck with the search finding one in stock!  :thumbsup:  :clap:
  H2... hope everything went well yesterday for your wife, best wishes sent!   :thumbsup:   
  Jeff...having Monday off this week, forgot all about Hump Day yesterday, lol. Hope your PT went well yesterday Sir.  :thumbsup:
  Wally....will be looking forward to your report, hope the walleyes were hungry!   :thumbsup:

We had a pretty decent day overall on the marble yesterday. No complaints on the cooler weather as we all know at some point it’s going to get roasting hot again. The foreman was happy to see the accomplishments made while he was away...although he did throw a few digs out that more should have been done.  Yes, he will have to be retrained!  ;D  :thumbsup:
  We’ve got 4 new members to the crew so far, they’re all working out well so far. One guy in particular I worked with almost 30 years ago, haven’t seen him since we parted ways. It’s been nice catching up on so many things in between.
  Well, it’s that time again.....Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15913 on: May 30, 2019, 04:56 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, looks like another chance of rain today. Hoping to see some sun this summer. Packing is going ok. Wife is getting irritated with me. Trying to help. She’s not buying it that it’s hard for me to just sit while she does all the work.

Hunts2long, Hope everything went well with your wife’s surgery yesterday.

Mason Eddie, it’s always nice catching up with a person who you haven’t seen in a while. Glad the new people are working out.

Old Sailor those tornadoes were incredible. I’m surprised more people weren’t killed.

I hope everyone has a great day and people stay dry and safe.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15914 on: May 30, 2019, 05:01 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                           It's 51* and mostly clear, a nice day is on the menu! ::)
                           Eddie.........Don't figure, the foreman goes away and comes back, work is done and he still isn't satisfied.  :o If he wants production
                   then he shouldn't go on vacation. lol :roflmao:
                           Marv..........That is a fine looking Kayak, Old Town is a good name, it should suit Jo well. :thumbsup: :clap: When is the first outing with
                   the new kayak? ???
                           OS............I hope those were the last of the tornadoes for this year, pictures on the news show a lot of damage. Glad you fared well. :flex:
                           Wally.........I hope the eyes were biting yesterday. ???
                           I-45..........I hope the weather cooperates for your move this weekend. :flex:
                           PT went well yesterday my therapist added and hand machine that looks like a bike for the arms.
                           Going to get out and mow the lawn today, then I need to find something I can to to stay busy, not being able to lift with my left arm sure
                   puts a damper on doing a lot of things outside.
                           I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15915 on: May 30, 2019, 05:04 AM »
Good morning Eddie, 45! Good morning everyone :bow:

57 heading into the 80's later today.

Just a quick Hello as I am getting ready to head down the road. Today is window washing day. I still am not sure how I am going to reach a couple of them but I know a ladder is in my future.

Over heating window popped up so I will have to finish later.

Hope you have a great day :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15916 on: May 30, 2019, 05:34 AM »
54* and a few clouds.
Wife's  eye surgery went well but she did say that the other eye surgery was better. They told her "no 2 eyes are alike". Today the nurse comes to give her the 2nd of 3 Immune Globulin injection. Takes about 3 hours.

Got the boat out of the garage, going to pick up some worms today and will be on the lake Friday.

Watched the Stanley Cup game as long as I could keep my eyes open. I see this morning to shut it off about 1 minute before the Blues won it.

Everyone and a good day....h2l

Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15917 on: May 30, 2019, 07:04 AM »
Morning all,

IW....hope you can find some "safe" outdoor project  :flex:  glad pt is progressing  :thumbsup:

H2L....good to hear the surgery went ok  :clap:  good luck on the lake tomorrow  ;)

WS.....hope MrsWS can track down an in stock kayak sooner rather than later  ;D  overheating sounds like time to go shopping  ???

Eddie.....got to love those Monday holidays  :thumbsup: :clap:  glad the newbies are fitting in  :)

The fishing was pretty slow yesterday, landed 2 legal eyes 16 & 17" along with a few perch, all released. Water is only 58* so things should improve when (& if) the temps warm up. Wasn't supposed to rain till late afternoon......started as we pulled out of the driveway  ::) 

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15918 on: May 30, 2019, 09:02 AM »
Finally have enough gumption to post. I started to post yesterday when we lost internet tv and phone when a power pole went down. Luckily we did not lose power.

I decided on Monday that I would go over and try one more time to fill my turkey tag. Yesterday morning my son and I were sitting where he had filled his tag last week. He was doing the calling. We were after the tom he was after when he shot his jake. We could here the tom gobbling once in a while as it strutted down the road. A Jeep Cherokee came out the road ending the hunt.

The highlight of the trip was meeting an old freinds son in the hardware store. I had not seen him in years. He stiil looked the same. He had just retired from 33 years in the navy serving on subs. I told him the reason he had not aged was spending his time under the sea instead of in the sun.

I am glad we do not have to worry much about tornados in Northern Michigan. I lay that to the cooling waters of Lake Michigan. The southern part of the state does get hit once in a while. I feel for those that have gotten hit by them acrost the country.

WS We have not hit 80* yet this year. Maybe late next week. That does not bother me. I wish I could sit in a kayac. i do not thnk that I could taek the probable back and leg pain. I ran into a post card my brother sent me that he bought at canoe maker in Bar harbor Maine. It is of a guy scratching his head looking at a canoe with the bows going in opposite directions. I picked up an Old Town canoe one time that had bad canvas. I never got around to recanvasing it so sold it for 5 times what I paid, $50.00. I just could not fiber glass it like I did the one I bought when I was in high school.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #15919 on: May 30, 2019, 12:22 PM »
Good Day ,cloudy skies here more rain expected later today then Friday and Saturday forecast to be dry with temperatures in the seventies.
OldSailor,UP Jigstick glad you and your families are alright to much severe-violent weather lately.
IFF I've eaten similar pizza's ate my job. Did you get the shelter up and on display. Glad the tornado's out your way hit mostly uninhabited spots.
Hunts2long hope the wedding couple their families and guests survived with out to much blood loss due to the black flies I've seen photos of people with blood running down their cheeks from multiple fly bites., Happy your wife's eye surgery was good. Best with the fishing tomorrow.
Eddie good job teaching your granddaughter . Nice that new crew members are fitting in and you are renewing a friendship with one of them.
Deal Ninja thank you for alerting us to Ohio tornado's. Also thanks for posting all the deals.
Whopper Stopper nice photo of the turkey. may you find the Old Towne kayak and your wife get many years of enjoyment from it. Think it's time to take your computer in and get fan replaced or start looking for a new one.
Icefisher-45 see if your wife will let you number and label boxes also keep a list of the boxes will help you to tell movers where to place them in the apartment. If you get to the apartment on Saturday bring a roll of Painters tape,tape measure and note book measure room sizes and use the tape to mark where you want certain pieces of furniture. use the note book to make diagrams of each room.
Ice Wanderer looks like your therapist is try to build muscle strength  in your arm. You might want to look over and organize your fishing gear see if you need anything for the annual Maine Trip. Also maybe take a road trip and visit the ADK. museum in Blue Mountain Lake or Wild Center in Tupper Lake.
Wallyworld congrats on the walleye and perch hope water temps. rise soon and fish get more active.
Tom Turkey sorry the Jeep came down the road and chased the Tom away ending your hunt.

Have a good and safe day. Best to all fishing.
Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15920 on: May 30, 2019, 10:21 PM »
Well chit, now the "Add Image" button is gone again. Must be because of another update.  :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!:

Steve, Well I believe its been said God helps them that help themselves.  So not waiting for a helper, decided to McGyver the first two sections and once I had them standing was easy to add the other frame sections, kind of like laying bricks huh Eddie  ;D

See the rear leaf springs have a 3" lift block in, which means I should have gotten extended shocks.  A lot easier to install shocks, with the wheels on the ground, then cut the bands that have them collapsed.  If one cuts them first it can be a knuckle buster to get them in place to bolt in.

Believe I will take tomorrow off, get the shelter frame anchored good, cover pulled on, then take after the shocks and breaks.
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15921 on: May 31, 2019, 04:52 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                        It's 54* and clear skies, a nice day is ahead, wow two in a row. ::)
                        Bud.........Good luck with the brakes and shocks. May your knuckles come out with all their skin. :whistle:
                        Steve.......We plan on going to those places when the weather settles down and school is out we might take the grand kids. :thumbsup:
                        Tom.........That really sucks that your hunt got interrupted by a Cherokee. :%$#!:
                        Marv........When i needed a new laptop someone suggested to go on line at Best Buy and find one there, you can order on line and pick it up at the store.
              I saved a lot of $$$$ doing it that way. I think I paid $350 where as if I had gone to Staples it would have been double that. ::)
                        Wally.......2 are better than none, I alway had good luck catching in open water when it rained. ???
                        H2l..........Looks like you picked a good day to go out for the first time, good luck. :thumbsup:
                        I-45........I hope you're mostly packed for you move. :flex:
                        Eddie......It's Friday a short week is the best. What's on your agenda this weekend.? ???
                        I have 2 appointments today an X-Ray on my right shoulder then PT, and my wife returns today.
                        I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out fishing.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15922 on: May 31, 2019, 05:41 AM »
56* and clear.
Won't be an early start on the water. While taking the wife to her follow-up to have eye checked, troopers had a check point. My inspection runs out today so going to get that done at 7:30. I must be getting old, I don't usually miss things like that.

Wifes got 20/20 and is very pleased. The infusion went well. We have a trip to NYC coming up on Tuesday.
Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15923 on: May 31, 2019, 06:00 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....sounds like a couple fun trips planned   :thumbsup:  now if Mother Nature would only play nice  :-\

H2L.....glad to hear MrsH2's eye sight is perfect and her treatment yesterday went well :clap:  good luck fishing  :flex:

MrC....good idea about labeling boxes & doing floor plans  :thumbsup:

IF45......ditto MrC's idea  ;D  good luck with moving  ;)

Eddie.....hope time was a factor this morning not gremlins  :blink:

TT.....sorry to hear you didn't fill your spring tag  :(  better luck come fall   ;)2

WS.....fishing this weekend  ???

Put about 250 miles on the bike yesterday afternoon  :clap:  only got sprinkled on once  ::)   :woot:  tomorrow is the annual believe 271 fund raiser ride for firefighters with life threatening illnesses, 50% of rain  >:(   we're shopping for some decent rain suits today   ;)2

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15924 on: May 31, 2019, 07:10 AM »
Cloudy start to the day. The wife is doing an all day blood pressure clinic at the senior center today.

I spent most of yesterday sorting the traps I brought back from the other place with me. Still a lot of things to get done with them today. No sense of them hanging in the shed over there as I m not going to trap any more. Some one should get the use of them. I am going to sell them through an online auction place.

I saw a big bunch of tom's in a field in our travels yesterday, like 7. I thought I would go see if I could get on them this morning as their is public land just south of them. Then it dawned on me that public land is closed in this county, private land only. Today is the last day of turkey hunting. Oh well it is not the first year I have been skunked but it has been a while. Turkey have acted weird this year kind of like the weather.

ww Hopefully you can find some good rain gear. I forgot to tell you that my wisteria is starting to bloom. This is the first time it has had that many blossoms since I pulled it out of a ditch in VA back around 2000. Sadly I will probably not be over there when it is in full bloom. I will have my son take some pictures.

IW We have done all of our electronice buying at Best Buy for years. The sales people are on salary not commission so they are not pushy trying to sell you some thing. We also pay for the geek squad every year. When the wife was doing so much work for the Assn she was always having computer problems so she used them quite a bit to strighten her computer out. I need to contact them as I am having updates not loading giving me issues with my computer.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #15925 on: May 31, 2019, 10:09 AM »
Good morning after some morning fog sunshine blue skies and light breeze may reach eighty today. The dandelions must be in seed or there are some cotton wood trees in the area lots of little white clusters in the air and piling up on the ground. looks like a light snow fall.
IFF good you were able to get your shelter assembled and erected . Is it possible to exchange the shocks or will the ones you ordered work. All the best with the repairs.
Ice Wanderer thought your left shoulder was operated on or do I have things mixed up either way may the doctor be happy with what the x-ray shows him. My thoughts were either museum would be a nice trip for you and the wife in my opinion the ADK. museum would be better for your older grandchildren. May today's PT not leave you to sore.
Hunts2long may your vehicle pass inspection think it is easier today to forget about when sticker expires since most gas stations are now self serve where in times past the service man might remind you about sticker if they noticed it while cleaning your windshield. Good to hear your wife now has 20/20 vision and her infusion went well. Have a good trip to NYC next week. Best to you on the water today.
Wallyworld since my sister and i already owned the condo i presently reside at we could walk through it before I moved and make plans as to where  pieces of furniture might fit in different rooms. May you have a nice day for the bike ride on Saturday. Quality rain wear is getting pricey anything made with Goretex might be priced similar to your Striker suits. I own a mixed match set of rain pants and jacket from two different makers not Goretex but similar technology and lower priced combine the pants and jacket cost me around eighty dollars before taxes.
Tom Turkey may folks take advantage of the blood pressure clinic said it before Senior center is lucky to have your wife and you as members.  Always seems you see fish or game animals after your hunt/day of fishing. If I remember correctly you have a connection with Chip Hailstone from the Nat.Geo. series Life Below Zero maybe he or others in his village might want some of your traps. Thank you for your opion on Best Buy and it's services.
Icefisher-45 may the weather be dry in your area this weekend and the move go smoothly. I know you want to help but remember your relatives paid for a moving company let them do majority of the work. If you have not packed away your ice chest purchase some bottled water and ice to chill the bottles so cold drinks are available especially if it is a warm day. Also keep some extra money on hand to tip movers if you are pleased with their work.
Eddie ditto Wallyworld's words hope you are not having computer problems.
Whopper Stopper did you get all of the windows washed yesterday. Mrs.WS have any success finding a place to purchased the kayak.

May everyone have a nice and safe day. Best to all fishing or Spring hunting.
 Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15926 on: May 31, 2019, 12:32 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

We should see the mid 80's with 90 on tap for tomorrow.

My wife did find a place to order her kayak from, Austin Kayak. An Old Town rep told her to go with them as no one in MN or WI have any as of yet. Austin being one of the biggest dealers had first choice at getting them. Now the waiting game starts as it will take 15 business days for it to come.

My morning took a crappy turn. I hadn't mentioned it but back in mid April I twisted my knee when I slipped on a wet ramp. I figured it would get better but it actually has been getting worse. I notice it the most when sitting for any length of time after doing some activity. When I walk it will hurt for the first 100 yards or so but then it stops and starts feeling better. When I get home it only takes about 15 minuted and I can't walk on it. The pain was tolerable when doing the tree jobs, but again after I got home and sat down for awhile, it was a bugger.

The last 2 mornings have been bad, and this morning I skipped my walk and stretches. I went on "My Chart" and made an appointment to see my Doc. I was able to get in today and actually just got home. He did some pulling and twisting and got it to hurt. He thinks it's a medial meniscus tear and put me down for an MRI to see for sure. I get to go in tomorrow at 7:45 for the MRI and we will go from there. If he is right about the tear, I will need surgery to get it fixed. He said sometimes waiting they will get better, but being it happened mid April he thinks mine will just get worse.

Always seems like there is some damn thing going on :%$#!:

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15927 on: May 31, 2019, 07:08 PM »
Thoughts & prayers to all the victims of the Virginia Beach shooting  :'( :'( 

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #15928 on: May 31, 2019, 07:14 PM »
X2--- I just saw that! When will the craziness end?  :cookoo:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15929 on: May 31, 2019, 08:53 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, Prayers for the victims and their families in the Virginia Beach Shooting. What is wrong with people in this day and age? We should have the packing done. I have been labeling boxes. Tomorrow bring things to the storage unit. I hope everyone had a good day.
Take a kid ice fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.