Author Topic: Has anyone tried the Filletmaker cleaning board?  (Read 810 times)

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Has anyone tried the Filletmaker cleaning board?
« on: Jul 10, 2020, 04:17 PM »
I have been looking at the Filletmaker cleaning board. Has anyone used one that can give a review?

www.filletmaker.com

Large or small size for Lake Cascade perch? (up to 16")

Offline Stellahound

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Has anyone tried the Filletmaker cleaning board?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 10, 2020, 04:29 PM »
I have the large size filletmaker. We sure do enjoy it. I will say that is probably larger than what I need. I typically keep panfish and a few walleyes.

Offline JohnnyO19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jul 11, 2020, 10:02 AM »
Love mine! a bit pricey, but got it for an X-mas gift  ;)

Keeps everything in one place, don't get stuff on the counters. Travels great, excellent quality. Make sure you rinse out the grooves well when finished, gunk can collect there.

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jul 11, 2020, 06:16 PM »
That looks pretty slick, any idea where the best price to order from is? Is the small one, the junior, enough for crappies/bluegills/perch? That's 90% of what I clean to be honest.

Offline Stellahound

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jul 12, 2020, 10:09 AM »
That looks pretty slick, any idea where the best price to order from is? Is the small one, the junior, enough for crappies/bluegills/perch? That's 90% of what I clean to be honest.

Yes I believe the small one would be just fine for panfish.

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jul 12, 2020, 09:41 PM »
I found the scrap sections fill-up too soon with the guts, fish heads and carcass. I found myself emptying the scrap sections too often to make this type cleaning board any benefit.  I went back to using newspaper under my old 2' X 2' wooden cutting board where I just push the guts, fish heads and etc. onto the newspaper and at the end of the cleaning duties I just roll up the newspaper, guts, heads and all and throw it in the trash.   Just my experience with this type board.  May be good for a 1/2 doz or so pan fish but when you clean a lot of pan fish it just doesn't make much sense.

Offline Northern_MN Outdoorsan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jul 13, 2020, 10:07 AM »
I've got both sizes large and small. They're great for cleaning fish as well as processing other wild game. The small one will work just fine for cleaning perch and other smaller panfish. The smaller size still fits in most sinks for easy cleanup.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.