New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Lake Trout Fishing  (Read 760 times)

Offline piscesman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Lake Trout Fishing
« on: Mar 22, 2006, 04:39 PM »
I'm looking to go lake trout fishing this weekend at either Lake George or Schroon Lake. Is the ice safe at these lakes??? I want to go off Million Dollar Beach at Lake George or the public access at Schroon Lake by Stewerts. This will be my last weekend to possibly go before it's too late. Any info would be appreciated. Also what kind of bait are they taking if all is fine to go. Thanks.........
      Kim  :tipup: :tipup: :bow: :bow: ??? ???
"To have and to hold till death do us part" really refers to a man and his ICE FISHING EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Lake Trout Fishing
« Reply #1 on: Mar 22, 2006, 08:34 PM »
I dont think Lake George is safe. Wasnt that much ice out there this year. Schroon Lake as far as I know is safe . But dont quote me on any of this info for i have not fished either this year.
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

Offline Hood

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Mar 23, 2006, 06:54 AM »
by the sounds of other threads schroon is till a go and for prolly this last weekend only....dont go to lake george unless you wanna meet davey jones ;D  if your willing, theres a lot of ice stil up north here around the plattsburgh area...prolly 2-3 weeks of fishin left

Offline piscesman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 23, 2006, 07:09 PM »
Thanks for the info guys. I also checked other threads and found out Lake George is an accident waiting to happen. Looks like it's Schroon Lake this weekend. A 2 hour drive beats falling in. My last chance for lake trout. BTW, I had my 1st walleye for dinner. All the things I heard about the taste is TRUE!!!!! Great tasting fish. GOOD LUCK to all who venture out this weekend.....
      Kim  :tipup: :tipup: :bow: :bow: :clap: :clap:
"To have and to hold till death do us part" really refers to a man and his ICE FISHING EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline AirManCam

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All hail to the King!!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 23, 2006, 07:47 PM »
Man, Schroon sounds good this saturday for a lastchance laker outing...Anyone know how the bite is in the narrows?
15lb mono pike fisherman...WHATS UP!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.