New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: underwater cameras  (Read 4202 times)

Offline JeffreyKrow

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: underwater cameras
« Reply #30 on: Mar 18, 2006, 09:32 AM »
Well, Yesterday I had to take my scout back for turn in to get another becausr the lights wouldn't work in the dark. You really need to check them out. I wont be able to get my replacement until Wed. and it is a brand new one for the old one trade straight up. The tripod for the units are great and although I think they should create a tripod with batteries that go in it like 2 d's or something like that, it still works good, you only have to bring a 12 volt battery with you. With the remote control, you can set the camera exactly how you want it while watching the screen and using the remote. Those light at night really make a big difference. If you havent used them or tested them then you should because without them, you are left in the dark.
     I think the fact of weather you are using the lights or not does efecxt the batterie life. Should be 6 hours on a charge with the standard scout, 4 hours with the XL or the other 7 " screen. Still havent had any post about using the recorderand how it works out with the scout.Talk later,
                                                                                                          JK

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Mar 18, 2006, 10:16 AM »
When I first got my Aqua-Vu the battery would last for an hour if that. I was pretty mad and did not have time to bring it back for an exchange so I bought another battery. Same thing happened finnally somehow i decided to change the Fuse yes the little 10 cent 1 amp fuse and that did the trick now it lasts for as least one day

SO what im saying if your Scout is dying faster then it should, simply try changing the fuse.
I always get my fuses at Radioshack because thats the closest place around and they have just about any fuse you may need :)

good luck

FK
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

Offline JeffreyKrow

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Mar 18, 2006, 11:35 AM »
Thanks for the good user tip.
                                    JK

Offline AugustWest

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Mar 19, 2006, 02:07 AM »
When I first got my Aqua-Vu the battery would last for an hour if that. I was pretty mad and did not have time to bring it back for an exchange so I bought another battery. Same thing happened finnally somehow i decided to change the Fuse yes the little 10 cent 1 amp fuse and that did the trick now it lasts for as least one day

SO what im saying if your Scout is dying faster then it should, simply try changing the fuse.
I always get my fuses at Radioshack because thats the closest place around and they have just about any fuse you may need :)

good luck

FK

Best info on Underwater Cameras I think that has been on this site ;)2

Offline AirManCam

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All hail to the King!!
« Reply #34 on: Mar 19, 2006, 10:18 PM »
I tried out my buddies underwater camera, and man...I fell in love it with it. I learned a lot about tip up fishing with your bait and the fish just in a few hours of using the camera watching your bait and such..I noticed the bait would stop swimming after a few minutes, and to  jerk it up a bit then drop it back down to get it to swim again, and then when a pike would come on, he would tell me what depth to go to, and how to present the bait to catch them and man...its just a ball. And then we had a big pike try to eat the camera. I was looking at my bait, and decided to jerk the camera up, and about a foot up what do I see a bike right in the camera..man its such a ball, I'm deffiantly having one for next winteR!!
15lb mono pike fisherman...WHATS UP!

Offline fishstick

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fish On!!!
« Reply #35 on: Mar 21, 2006, 01:18 PM »
Thanks for the info guys. Because of this topic, I just purchased the scout from cabelas. Can't wait to use it. My primary use will be to find structure for walleye and crappie. Oh, I'm sure it will be fun to watch the fish too! Can't wait to get the boat on the water now.
Thanks again!!!

Dave S

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.