New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Laker fishing near Lake George??  (Read 854 times)

Offline Mogwhy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • if you can't find them keep drilling!!!!!!!!!!!
Laker fishing near Lake George??
« on: Jan 23, 2006, 12:00 PM »
Where is a good spot to fish for Lakers that has a natural supply of smelt?  Does Schroon have smelt naturally?  Where else could I fish Lakers.  I mish Lake George.

Offline TJC

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • LAKER TAKER
Re: Laker fishing near Lake George??
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2006, 01:14 PM »
Yep Schroon has smelt in it and if you catch a Laker there you will see them in there belly, they will be full of them.

Offline Robb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Secret Spot
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2006, 01:27 PM »
Depends on how far your willing to drive.... Blue Mt. Lake, Paradox lake, Indian lake, Lake Eaton, there's a bunch of them, but none of them with the large numbers of fish like Lake George. Lake George is awesome, I hope it locks up this year :-\.

Offline Silverado

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2006, 05:59 PM »
Mogwhy:
There are plenty of lakes that have laker's in them But Schroon is one of the best. Maybe better than Lake George because most of the laker's you can keep, unlike Lake George.   Schroon is a killer salmon lake which is the opposite of Lake George the salmon fishing has been going down hill for many years and finally the state has recognized this.  There used to be big rainbow's in Lake George to but I guess the State and most people forgot about them also.  Paradox lake hold many big laker's and pike as well..  Blue Mtn Lake also holds some big laker's.  Hope this helps you.  :tipup:    ;D
2007 Ranger School Alumni

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.