New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Were not the only ones!!!!  (Read 706 times)

Offline perchwisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
Were not the only ones!!!!
« on: Jan 20, 2006, 09:14 PM »
Were not the only ones going nuts from this warmwinter with no ice.I was at Penrods(BAitshop) in south buffalo and was telling jerry the owner about the ice party gathering for the smallboat harbor and was explaining that its probably not going to happen because i dont think there will be any ice and he said if there is no ice by then hes gonna ........Well maybe i should say what hes gonna do for insurance reasons lol.His business is suffering from the lack of ice.Im going to lake simcoe next weekend so i stopped in and bought another rod(like i need another)and reel,some line and crap like that and i joked with him i must be the big spender of the day and he said pretty much now illl sleep alittle better tonight cause of my 40 dolllar sale lol!!!!So just remember we do this ice fishing stuff for fun and it really stinks when we cant get out but there are them last few remaining local bait shop that are getting hit real hard to the point of closing up.

support your local baitshop they my be a little more expensive than gander or dicks but who wants to deal with big stores when your in a hurry to fish!!!Not me,also them local baitshops are a great source of info!!!!

Offline TaterSalad

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Were not the only ones!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2006, 11:31 AM »
Well said.  It is easy to forget that this weather is only affecting a hobbie for most of us.  Others rely on it for a living.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.