New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Tough Decision!!  (Read 4703 times)

Offline FrozenJig

• Team IceShanty Regular
Tough Decision!!
« on: Jan 20, 2006, 12:48 PM »
What would you do?

Getting married this year and had two choices on the date- opening Saturday of bass season or a date in late October/ early November (Bow/Gun season)..??? ???

Look for the beer flag, that's where i'm at

Offline MACHINIST

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Tough Decision!!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2006, 12:53 PM »
BASS,BASS,BASS.I will not give up my free time during deer season for anything but killing deer.

Offline ol crawdad

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FISH HUNT LIVE
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2006, 12:58 PM »
Remember that your ANNIVERSARY will be coming up on a yearly basis...Make sure you pick the 'right' date. 

Offline OTIS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2006, 01:18 PM »
To heck with Bass season, you can catch them when ever you want.  That would mess up your hunting season.
Follow the bubbles...

Offline Mentiply

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2006, 01:21 PM »
I agree go with the first day Bass season.

Offline IceKing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Catch and release an a pan full of grease!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2006, 01:27 PM »
Bass. You can catch them anytime, you just can't keep them. Catch and release hunting is much more difficult.
Its Ice Now!

Offline fish boy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 20, 2006, 01:40 PM »
Here's an Idea tell her to pick a date thats not on a bass/deer/duck/ice fishing special day. there are plenty of them.  Your both getting married right? My wife knew better.  Your friends won't appreciate having to screw up their special day to go to your wedding.  Had to go to the wifes cousins wedding on thanksgiving weekend one year in Pennsy.  got to travel 81 and see all the guys in blaze orage and the deer running all over the friggin place.  Best part was the neighbor shot a monster 11pt that day that "came right from your woodlot"  Sh**heads got divorced two years later!

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #7 on: Jan 20, 2006, 01:42 PM »
Hunting season is OFF LIMITS to wedding dates. Lose the one day of bass season. You'll be much happier the rest of your life.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline fishincrazy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The meaning of life is fishing with your friends.
« Reply #8 on: Jan 20, 2006, 02:02 PM »
Bro get married in the summer it is much better, warm weather and everyone seems to be much happier.  i got married 2 1/2 years ago in July and loved the weather.  So I say pick summer, your more than likely to get your wife out for bass fishing than out in the woods hunting with you.
All I need is ice and the fish will come.

oakorchardfishking

« Reply #9 on: Jan 20, 2006, 02:28 PM »
Might I suggest... just dont do it at all...lol  ;D
Its only a pice of paper and you dont need that piece of paper to live with each other and co-exist happily!
With this in mind... no dates will get screwed up at all!
And that piece of paper that says your officially married now, changes alot of things...lol

In all seriousness... good luck with the marriage! I would go with a mid summer date as well... after the walleye opener!

waterguy

« Reply #10 on: Jan 20, 2006, 02:39 PM »
I have a question why in the hell do women do this?.....I have a friend that his wife had to have a "C" section......so keep in mind they could pick any day within a two week period to have their kid.............so what does she do.........picks opening day of deer season!!!!!! :o  he pissed her off one day and she called the Dr. and set the day!!!  so don't piss them off!!!!!! you will pay for the rest of you life ;D

Offline eyedoktr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • keep your pole in the hole
« Reply #11 on: Jan 20, 2006, 02:45 PM »
Miss the bass opener , heck, miss the whole season. No big deal. I mean,who wants to fish for green carp anyhow??  :D
Pete Lewis

Offline hookedonice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • is that the union hall
« Reply #12 on: Jan 20, 2006, 02:45 PM »
out of a whole year, you can only come up with those two dates  ???
sounds like she wants to own the two times a year you actually put your foot down and say this is my w/e. no matter what you choose, you lose.  :'(
i'd put it off another year so you can get a different w/e to ruin  ;D

waterguy

« Reply #13 on: Jan 20, 2006, 02:49 PM »
yah hookedonice has a good point pick the weekend before bass season ???

Offline icefishinbro

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 20, 2006, 03:13 PM »
RRRRRRUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNN!!!! THE OTHER WAY WHILE YOU CAN.  IF YOU THINK THE STORY ABOUT THE WEDDING CAKE ISN'T TRUE YOU JUST WAIT TILL @ A YEAR AFTER THE WEDDING!!!  GOOD LUCK IF YOU DECIDE TO DO IT.  OH AND BY THE WAY IT HAS TO BE THE BASS OPENER IF YOU MUST! :o ;D

billybono

« Reply #15 on: Jan 20, 2006, 04:28 PM »
Miss the bass opener , heck, miss the whole season. No big deal. I mean,who wants to fish for green carp anyhow??  :D

i agree  ;D ;D ;D   besides all you have to do to catch em is open up the livewell, turn the aerator on and they jump right in!!!!

billybono

Offline bassman79

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • fish on get the net!!!
« Reply #16 on: Jan 20, 2006, 06:57 PM »
duh do it like i did on a monday night in a church with my fisherman buddy who is the pastor all of our immediate family as witness they r the ones who count it took 12 minutes it was quite painless!!! after 14 yrs together we figured it was time !! bassman79 ;D ;D
work is for people who dont fish!!!!!

Offline fiesty

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Jan 20, 2006, 07:01 PM »
do it on a holiday like christmas, you're already screwed out of the day anyway, it would be easy to remember, or, teach your wife to hunt and fish with you.....that little trick works great.....
It's all about Karma.....

Offline geckoinmypants

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • YOU WANNA CATCH WHAT ?????
« Reply #18 on: Jan 20, 2006, 07:10 PM »
Be smart and don't get married, you'll be happier in the long run........

Offline Bussman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #19 on: Jan 20, 2006, 07:35 PM »
FEB 14 so you screw up one less day each year! Thats what I did and my wife knew it! I have a great wife! ;)

Bussman

billybono

« Reply #20 on: Jan 20, 2006, 07:42 PM »
FEB 14 so you screw up one less day each year! Thats what I did and my wife knew it! I have a great wife! ;)

Bussman

hahahahahahaha   :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

billybono

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
« Reply #21 on: Jan 20, 2006, 07:53 PM »
GO HUNTING ! YOU CAN CATCH BASS ALL YEAR LONG !

Offline falbinki

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Jan 20, 2006, 08:00 PM »
do what i did.. between ice fishing,deer hunting,shed hunting,spring turkey,fall turkey,walleye fishing, and any thing else i wanted  to do i gave her the choice... june 11th or 12th. worked out for me. if she loves you enough she'll pick one of the 2, if not guess maybe it was'nt meant to be.

billybono

« Reply #23 on: Jan 20, 2006, 08:04 PM »
do what i did.. between ice fishing,deer hunting,shed hunting,spring turkey,fall turkey,walleye fishing, and any thing else i wanted  to do i gave her the choice... june 11th or 12th. worked out for me. if she loves you enough she'll pick one of the 2, if not guess maybe it was'nt meant to be.

you lost me with the shed hunting....ive been known to shoot at rusty tractors though

billybono

Offline perchwisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Jan 20, 2006, 08:05 PM »
My girlfriend knows better because if our wedding date was during one of those seasons at least half the family wouldnt show lmao!!!!!!!!!!

Offline perchwisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Jan 20, 2006, 08:08 PM »
Billy bono shed hunting is a fast growing sport!!!!!!Go to ebay and type in antlers and see what comes up and how much people are paying for them! alot of guys search amherst for them big bruisers and then mount them with a cape from a doe or a small buck and then sell them for lots of money on ebay my buddy is one of them lol!!!!!!!

-Perchwisher

billybono

« Reply #26 on: Jan 20, 2006, 08:43 PM »
Billy bono shed hunting is a fast growing sport!!!!!!Go to ebay and type in antlers and see what comes up and how much people are paying for them! alot of guys search amherst for them big bruisers and then mount them with a cape from a doe or a small buck and then sell them for lots of money on ebay my buddy is one of them lol!!!!!!!

-Perchwisher

thats cool...i do the same thing with womens panties as well ;)

billybono

Offline perchwisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Jan 20, 2006, 08:47 PM »
LOL!!!!!!So thats where your digital cam has been lately havent seen any pics recently lol!!!!

billybono

« Reply #28 on: Jan 20, 2006, 08:52 PM »
no my digital cam has sufferd the ice fishing wrath on soft water.....let me explain....know when you have a really nice fish at the hole, and he comes off on right at the hole??? whats the first thing you do??? instinctivly jam your arm down into freezing water to grab that fish.....well i did the same thing in the oswego river when the camera was in my mouth by the strap and a jerk steelhead decided to jump out of my hands....so i dove in!!!....i borrow my moms now :(.....looking to get a waterproof   i got pics posted in the pics section though

billybono

Offline falbinki

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Jan 20, 2006, 09:01 PM »
perch you better tell your buddy he better not be looking in any of my honey holes in amherst....lmao. my old stomping grounds, grew up in depew . now im in ohio though  so i guess i can let him have the old spots. wonder if i know him, i know most of the hard core shed hunters in western ny area.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.