New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Baitshop near Lake Eaton?  (Read 1410 times)

Offline perchhunter24

• IceShanty Rookie
Baitshop near Lake Eaton?
« on: Jan 20, 2006, 06:41 AM »
Can anyone reccommend a decent baitshop somewhere near Lake Eaton? First time up there and I'll be coming from the Utica area. Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

Offline RIVERRAT2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • try to fish over 200 days a year,have cut back now
Re: Baitshop near Lake Eaton?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2006, 08:01 AM »
the only one i know about is in tupper lake
call dick parent[guide] at 518-359-9405
hope this helps
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
I LOVE FISHING.IT IS A FULLTIME JOB

Offline Hookset

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Don't eat the yellow snow!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2006, 10:20 AM »
The other possibility is in Minerva if you take Rt 28 to Rt 30.  There is a bait shop called "Adirondack Tackle Supply" just a few minutes above Exit 26 of the Northway.  I don't have a number, but I will see if I can find one and modify my post.
We don't own nature, nature owns us.

Offline roverowner

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The sweet smell of success!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2006, 01:07 PM »
From Utica he won't be going up the Northway.  Rt 12 to 28 (through Old Forge) to 30.

I would recommend getting your bait locally (maybe Gander?) before you head up.   Tupper Lake has a bait shop, but it's 20 miles past Lake Eaton.  Smelt would be the best bait, and you can jig for smelt.  I like to use a small hali-jig tipped with a spike.  Catch one, then replace the minnow on your tip-up with the smelt.

Good luck.

Offline Silverado

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2006, 05:52 PM »
Yes, I agree with Roverowner.  You should try to get bait before hand.  I hear the fishing is slowed considerable on Eaton.  Good luck!!   :tipup:
2007 Ranger School Alumni

Offline perchhunter24

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2006, 06:23 PM »
Thanks for the info guys.

Offline livebuck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2006, 07:31 AM »
Perchhunter i was up in Long Lake this summer and they have a bait shop at Hoss's store. Not sure if it's open all winter but that may be an obtion.

Offline roverowner

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The sweet smell of success!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 21, 2006, 07:53 PM »
I've heard that Hoss's closes the bait shop in the winter, but I haven't been up there this winter to find out for myself.  Kickerville Mobil stocks spikes and mousies.  They're about 1 mile out of Long Lake on RT30 headed towards Tupper.  Mike, the owner of the station, is a heck of a guy too.

Offline Joes fishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 22, 2006, 02:17 PM »
I've heard that Hoss's closes the bait shop in the winter, but I haven't been up there this winter to find out for myself.  Kickerville Mobil stocks spikes and mousies.  They're about 1 mile out of Long Lake on RT30 headed towards Tupper.  Mike, the owner of the station, is a heck of a guy too.
My buddy was up there 2 weeks ago and Hoss's was open then but to be on the safe side I would call them before going up there the phone number is(518) 624-2481 is what thy rote on the back of the card but the front has this number (518) 624-2248 one of them should work.
We did not catch any thing wile we were up there :( hopefully your luck will be better. :)

Joe
Lets go fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.