New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Henderson Harbor Conditions  (Read 2473 times)

Offline TaterSalad

• Team IceShanty Regular
Henderson Harbor Conditions
« on: Jan 12, 2006, 08:09 PM »
Is there much ice fishing on Henderson?  If so, what is there?  Is it worth stopping and checking out or should I continue to Chaumont?  I am coming from Oswego.

Thanks all, stay safe.

Offline jennsater

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Henderson Harbor Conditions
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2006, 08:16 PM »
tater tater tater.,.. was up there today..chaumont that is... well actually there 1 day ago all dinks...kept 20...out of 150...today guffins same but if lookin for pike...landed 2 in 5 hours they where huge..good luck

Offline perchsnagger

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2006, 08:04 AM »
I know as of last weekend Henderson Harbor was still wide open. And it has been "Real Cold" this week.

Offline MACHINIST

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2006, 09:27 AM »
Is there much ice fishing on Henderson?  If so, what is there?  Is it worth stopping and checking out or should I continue to Chaumont?  I am coming from Oswego.

Thanks all, stay safe.

hey tater are you going up there this weekend?If you are let me know and maybe I will tag along.

Offline TaterSalad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2006, 09:57 AM »

hey tater are you going up there this weekend?If you are let me know and maybe I will tag along.
I heard Henderson is OPEN.  Looks like Chaumont or bust.  Still not sure if I'll be going but if I do I'll let you know by the this evening.  Do you know any spots?  I have never fished Chaumont.

Offline MACHINIST

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2006, 10:04 AM »
The last time I fished it I was a young pup I have been told were to go thats about it.

Offline Rangerclay

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My fishin' buddies!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 2006, 10:28 AM »
Tater,

Go to conditions for "big water/jefferson"  Essox Slayer was at Chaumont yesterday.

Ranger

Offline TaterSalad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 13, 2006, 11:02 AM »
Tater,

Go to conditions for "big water/jefferson"  Essox Slayer was at Chaumont yesterday.

Ranger
Thanks Ranger

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 21, 2006, 08:07 AM »
Tater...check out the big water jefferson thread, I've been giving a report on ice conditions there almost daily now...and BTW, it's almost all open water up this way.....even the small coves of Chaumont Bay are unsafe now......going scouting this morning ......
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

Offline TaterSalad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 21, 2006, 01:30 PM »
Thanks again esox.  I have been watching the Jefferson threads, both small and big.  Sounds like you fish Chaumont a lot.  Maybe I'll run into there sometime.  How would I spot you?

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 21, 2006, 01:35 PM »
Look for the biggest dude out there and also look for black flags on my lakers, I call 'em my "jolly rogers"......no shack, and generally a homemade sled I call the bismark....

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 21, 2006, 01:41 PM »
Tater...either pm me on here,, or use [email protected] and I'll give specific instructions on where I'll be.  I do fish down here a lot , I grew up here and moved away for quite a few years, so am relearning the bay and where the lunkers are...and I've suddenly got a renewed interest in jigging.......

Offline TaterSalad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 21, 2006, 01:46 PM »
Cool.  I'll definitely look you up.  I have been thinking about taking a day off next week.  You plan to be on the water any (all)  ;) days.

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 21, 2006, 01:49 PM »
I'm going to try to be on them all the days depending on the ice condition...it's below freezing here in Chaumont Bay now so that'll put a stop to the ice erosion...there are a couple spots available to fish and if this weather continues there will be a couple more....I wouldn't plan on bringing either a snow-mo or wheeler for the ice.....I think thats asking for trouble...most all the places I fish are easy access and only about a 100 yard walk at best to set foot on ice......get in touch with me either way I previously mentioned and we'll see what we can catch...what are you after?? 

Offline TaterSalad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 21, 2006, 01:54 PM »
I am flexible.  A bucket full of perch or gills would be great.  I have never caught a pike, walleye or crappie.  I'll give you a PM once I get to work on Mon and see what's going on for the week.  Probably be Thurs.

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 21, 2006, 02:40 PM »
Sounds like a plan....the Lyme derby is this coming weekend, and with ice conditions being what they are, prime ice is going to be rough to find...anybody out there thinking of coming up for this one...keep me posted and I'll see if we can find the pike, got a bunch of the north country crew headed here from St Lawrence/southern Jefferson counties.....we might have a nice big get together on the ice......Tater...we'll get out there and you'll get some pike if we play our cards right....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.