New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: is there a ice gathering for the buffalo area?  (Read 7223 times)

Offline perchwisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
is there a ice gathering for the buffalo area?
« on: Dec 21, 2005, 09:41 AM »
Just wondering if there is a ice gathering held around the buffalo area like the small boat harbor or the ship canal?Think it would be cool to have one on the harbor.

Offline perchwisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: is there a ice gathering for the buffalo area?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 2005, 08:09 PM »
mac i know about conses just thought there might be one closer to home

Offline utes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 21, 2005, 09:03 PM »
perchwisher, I'm game for that and i know of some other guys that would be too. Small boat isn't my first choice but it is close to home and you can get some decent perch/ blue gil out of there if you get on'em. i know the pike are big and Buckski loves to fish for those Pike too. Shoot , Even got a chance of hooking into and Eye. there is alot of parking and the walk isn't bad at all either. If some other guys start to seem interested i say lets get one together. Cuba is always good too. stay on Top, Utes

Offline wkules

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Lookin' for EYES!!!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2005, 11:09 PM »
I would definately try to show up if I have the day free. Pick a date guys. Lets see what happens.

Bobbers Down and Flags Up !!!

hali-man

« Reply #4 on: Dec 22, 2005, 03:25 AM »
I'll come if the smelt are in.
We had a blast last year!

Offline utes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 22, 2005, 07:50 AM »
Alrighty Then!! Let's get one together. First of all , do we want it in Jan. or feb. ? And on a Sat. or Sun.? I'll wait for some feedback and then pick a date thats suits the majority. One thing i like about the SBH is that it is a great place to bring the kids. You don't have to walk far at all and your gonna catch some fish. My daughter is only 7 months so i'll let her off the hook this year(lol), but i'm sure my wife will bring her down to say hello if it's a nice day. i'm just thinking of everyone else that has children old enough. Fishing, family, Ice Shanty friends, food, drink, laughs,and tales. sounds good to me ;D. Let's get some feedback and let's do this. Stay on top, Utes

Offline perchwisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 22, 2005, 08:04 AM »
sounds like i sparked something huh!!!!! date doesnt matter to me when ever.Im in!

Offline deerslayer92163

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • perch,crappie,w alleye,steelhea d,northern,etc.
« Reply #7 on: Dec 22, 2005, 08:21 AM »
its early yet so you should just set a date and anyone interested in comming can keep that weekend open

Offline Bobman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Free Speech Advocate #000020
« Reply #8 on: Dec 22, 2005, 08:45 AM »
Count me in.  Pick a date and see how it flies, I'm sure people will let you know if it should be changed.  I would think that you're going to start to see a bunch of people on the ice there in the next week or so.
There's a hole in my ice!

Offline perchwisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 22, 2005, 01:01 PM »
where ever you guys want to have it is fine with me!I just hate driving in the snow after a long day of fishing so i wanted to know if there was one around here and looks like i may have started something.Ive never attended one of these so i dont know what needs to happen but thats why we have MAC here lol!!!!!I could make some venison burgers and bring some munchies!

Offline utes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 22, 2005, 03:11 PM »
Mac, That sounds good to me. So be it, Feb. 11th. at the SBH for anyone that can make it. I got a 6 ft. fold out table i'll bring to put food and stuff on. I'll also bring a 5 lb. bag of sahlens hot dogs and enough rolls for the 5 lbs. ( Ketchup, mustard, onion, relish too) i've got a little marlboro grill i can bring but if someone has a bigger one that would probably be better. Hey Mac, what do you think about making camp right by the launch area or should we bring it all right out in the middle? it's not that far of a walk and we could still have a pole and tip ups in as we grab a bite to eat ;D. How about a 7 -7:30 start time with a 3:00-3:30 end time? I'm gonna check into getting some stuff donated too. It would be cool to have some poles, jigs,jig box's,reels,line,minnow bucket/net, 5 gal. bucket's, to give out for biggest perch,pike,blue gil,mudpuppy(lol) etc...  . O.K. Feb 11th. at the SBH , WILL YOU BE THERE?

Offline utes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 22, 2005, 03:35 PM »
LOL, I hear ya Mac, Ive never meet ya but i feel as though i know ya just from reading all your post's. You sound like the right man for the job(lol). I'll help ya out. Ive thrown a few pig roast's in my day!! Don't plan on one for the 11th though lol. Buckski, you want in on this too? I know you know how to throw a party!! I don't think there is much to it Mac. Set the date, everyone bring  some food, your own beverage,  hang out and fish and tell some tales. Stay on top, Utes

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 22, 2005, 05:53 PM »
feb. 11 is the case lake fishing derby so i know alot of guys from up that way will be down here on case, all the rest of you should come down as well, there are alot of IS members that will be there and its not a long drive for anyone in this area. :tipup:

Offline BIGFISH

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Dec 22, 2005, 06:59 PM »
count me in and few of mine fellow fishers let me know what we need to bring   i am only 10 min away tents , tables grills ,food ,beer , bait ,tipups ,windbreak i have it all whatever we  need let me know  :o ;D ::)  have fourwheeler to haul stuff out on the ice    BIGFISH       DAN good to hear from you john kim dads

Offline wkules

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Lookin' for EYES!!!
« Reply #14 on: Dec 22, 2005, 08:24 PM »
Alrighty then! Feb. is good for me as I just found out that I will be in Illinois for much of Jan. I live close enough to SBH (10 min also.... bigfish we must be neighbors! :o ) and would have no problems bringing a regular sized grill if you would like. No sense having one person bring everything. Just let me know what you need. Should be a blast! Looking forward to it.
Maybe the Sat before or after the case lake derby would be better though. Just a thought, if you want a good turnout.

Offline utes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Dec 22, 2005, 08:48 PM »
It would be nice to get as big a turn out as possible ;D. I'd hate for the guys that want to fish the Case Lake get together miss out on the fun at the SBH.That's just the reason why we needed more input, thanks. Alrighty then , let's do the SBH get together on sat. Feb. 4th. . BigFish , How's it going ? Four wheeler, Full size grill sound great guys. I'll bring some extra rods and tip ups in case someone needs to borrow them. Thanks for the info. on the case lake get together. Stay on Top , Utes

oakorchardfishking

« Reply #16 on: Dec 23, 2005, 12:44 AM »
I will slapsolutishly tarbend for you mac!...lol
1 for you, 2 for me... 2 for you, 3 for me!
Hmmmmm... MUST GET BOTTLE OF CABO WABO TEQUILA!...LOL

Im glad you changed the date because i was worried a bit about the 11th as well...
before i had heard anything about the case lake derby, that is the date i had set for the make-up date for mine!
But with the way the weather is rolling out (knock on wood and do a jig), i am almost positive that in the next 3 weeks we will have sufficient ice for the conesus party!

February 4th, on the other hand is the first day of the trap attack on silver... which is both the 4th and 5th!
I still think the 4th will probably be a good date because im sure there are alot that dont attend the trap or are looking for other places to get away from it!

Besides all the clowns and donkey rides and trains... can we see if we can get Mr. Cafery to offer us heicopeter rides?...lol   :whistle:  :thumbsup:

Offline the Wizard

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Dec 23, 2005, 06:31 AM »
 I WAS GOING TO HAVE THE TOURNY AT CUBA THIS YEAR ALSO, THE LAST WEEKEND OF WALLEYE SEASON
   I threw the one last year and it had a good turn out everyone suggested I do it again so, I believe I will
More detail later.....
If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. – Thomas Jefferson

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry. – Thomas Jefferson

Offline utes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Dec 23, 2005, 07:30 AM »
Sounds good Wizard, I did'nt make it last year because of a prior engagemant but hopefully the date works for me this year. I know quite a few guys that fish Cuba so it would be a blast im sure. We'll have our own little trap attack on the SBH Feb. 4th. ;D. Just bottled my wine the other day too and um-um good. So it sounds like Mac and oakorchardfishking would be in to trying some of it ;D. I'll bring a couple bottles of red and white. That might make a good prize too :o. stay on Top, Utes

Offline Jdawg67

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #19 on: Dec 23, 2005, 11:33 AM »
I'm in, let me know when to be there, and what you need me to bring.  Not sure I can bring the clown, but we'll see. 

Offline utes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Dec 23, 2005, 11:47 AM »
jdawg, be there Feb. 4th. at 7:00-7:30. bring what ever you want or what you think other's may want ;D. Utes

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Dec 23, 2005, 02:33 PM »
count me in. :tipup:

oakorchardfishking

« Reply #22 on: Dec 23, 2005, 02:49 PM »
Parasailing from snowmobiles!!!

How bout it Oak?

You think they they could get our fat butts up in the air?

Mac

aint getting my fat ass up in no parasailing rig...lol
well, maybe after a bottle of CABO WABO! ...LOL  :wacko:

Offline brian318

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • When hell freezes over Ill fish there too
« Reply #23 on: Dec 24, 2005, 07:50 AM »
Im good for the SBH on the 4th, looking forward to meeting alot of you guys, Ill bring some kielbasa, eggs, should be fun.

Offline utes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Dec 24, 2005, 09:43 AM »
Sounds good brian318, i havent had fried kielbasa and eggs in some time. my dad used to make that all the time but now my mom and him live in sunny florida so i don't get it anymore >:(. i'm looking  forward to puuting some faces to all these names too. it will be a good time, Utes

Offline utes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Dec 27, 2005, 06:55 PM »
Just wanted to put this back at the top for a little bit so we don't forget about it. Hope alot of you guys can make it. Utes

Offline wkules

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Lookin' for EYES!!!
« Reply #26 on: Dec 28, 2005, 11:54 AM »
I haven't gotten out yet but I just heard a rumor from a relative at Christmas dinner that was a little upsetting. I heard that the gate at the harbor is locked because the NFTA sold the harbor and the new owners don't want people icefishing there! Has anyone heard anything about this? It might be prudent to find out about it before we try to have the get together there. Anyone know who to contact about it.

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Dec 28, 2005, 11:57 AM »
theres been people out there fishing already :tipup:
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=26989.60

Offline butterworm

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • the presidents office.
« Reply #28 on: Dec 28, 2005, 12:55 PM »
see ya on the 4th. sounds good guys. haven't fished the sbh in 20yrs. look forward to meeting you in person.

Offline sbuffaloice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #29 on: Dec 28, 2005, 02:56 PM »
i hope this pesky warm weather goes away ,cuz u guys need to spread out on feb 4th...the SBH is packed when theres ice on it,especially on the weekends....hard to set up tipups when youre surrounded by huts down at the SBH Shantytown....also heard theyre limiting icefishing down there....dont know how/if theyre enforcing it...just saw three guys without shantys down there
Real good Steve, we were biting this morning..we were biting this morning...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.