IceShanty Main > General Ice Fishing Chit Chat

Took up another hobby

(1/8) > >>

DR.SPECKLER:
So ive been a wood carver for awhile now but its so time consuming to get a project done as i only use hand tools to carve but i started to make scrap metal art and i like how the projects come together quicker than carving wood.i just got a wire welder and im really not that great of a welder but i have booger welded a few projects out.i made a big obnoxious paper towel holder with a snake on it,owl and praying mantis so far.

ran7ger:
Very creative,  that crap'll sell for sure!  Nice to make use of all the scrap iron too.

meandcuznalfy:
Pretty cool, it won't take long to get a handle on the wire feed, lot easier than stick.

Been trying to use up scrap wood around here

Chicken coop

Planter

Porch decorations

Neighbor wants a couple window boxes made for the front on their house.

DR.SPECKLER:
Yeah there is tons of cool old metal around the farm and barrels of nuts and bolts from her gpas tractor repair shop here. i metal detect and the olady works at a fastener shop so theres no shortage of hardware.i grab all the silverware out of the free boxes at garage sales i just didnt know what i was going to do with it until now .the wire welder is way easier than the old farm arc welder.that burns holes in 1/4 steel easy and i definitely cant weld thin sheet metal with that.

Ronnie D:
It's called destiny Doc.
TIME TO BUILD A SPEAR !!!
Swift Tines

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version