Author Topic: Dewalt heater. 20volt lipo  (Read 1531 times)

Offline jasburrito

• IceShanty Rookie
Dewalt heater. 20volt lipo
« on: Jan 11, 2019, 07:58 AM »
Hey. Hey. What time is it?   Anyways i have been using a sunflower type heater on a 20 pound propane tank. It works great. But not safe enough around exspensive anything. So i started to look at all the different buddy heaters. While chatting with a bud he mentioned dewalt had one too. https://www.farmandfleet.com/products/1118472-dewalt-portable-radiant-heater.html?feedsource=3&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI27zY_e3l3wIVxRx9Ch2LSQA6EAQYASABEgJro_D_BwE. So last spring i bought 20v drill. Then i got the 20v dewalt weedwhip when the gasser was having issues. So i have some lipos already. I did a search and found little. Getting geared up for portage 20-24. Any input on heater would be great. I fish out of a two man shappell. Thanks.
Love watching youtube videos of ice fishing. Dave Genz is the best. Mark Martin and jason Mitchell are great too. Fred Trost  is the man.

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Dewalt heater. 20volt lipo
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2019, 08:10 AM »
The Dewalt is basically an upgraded buddy heater. Has a fan which runs of the 20v battery.....which may make it distribute heat better I assume

Offline lazyMlazyK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2019, 08:11 AM »
Sorry I don't have any info about the heater, I just use a Big Buddy heater and it works great in a thermal flipover.  What's a lipo?  If you go with the DeWalt heater, let us know how it works for you!

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2019, 10:06 AM »
That is a re-branded Big Buddy Heater. This just uses a Dewalt battery for the fan, you still need propane bottles. Nothing really new here.

I would get a Portable Buddy. The fan is not usually necessary.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline Elkhnter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2019, 10:29 AM »
Jasburrito- Just get a buddy Heater of some sort.. I have a 4 man eskimo hut and it heats it up enough your sitting in a flannel shirt when inside so they work great!
Marvin

Offline Royalwapiti

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2019, 11:29 AM »
That big buddy, will blow you out of a smaller flipover or even a hub style.  I have to throttle my portable buddy on and off in my Clam Nanook. 

I use my big buddy in my 12x12' Alaknak tent when chasing elk out west.  It gets down to 30-40 degrees F at night, takes the cold away when getting out of bed at 4am. 
You can't get the fruit if you don't go out on the limb.

Offline fishnbud

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2019, 01:04 PM »
Yeah I heat my Eskimo 6120 with a portable buddy ,more than enough , and those things were going cheap around the holidays

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2019, 01:18 PM »
That big buddy, will blow you out of a smaller flipover or even a hub style.  I have to throttle my portable buddy on and off in my Clam Nanook. 

I use my big buddy in my 12x12' Alaknak tent when chasing elk out west.  It gets down to 30-40 degrees F at night, takes the cold away when getting out of bed at 4am.

Yeah, but it could be useful with a -35 windchill factor.....I can't take a coat off in that even with the heater on max and the shelter being insulated.

Offline Shife

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 11, 2019, 02:55 PM »
The Dewalt isn't actually an altered Big Buddy. It's the size in between the standard Buddy and the Big Buddy. It's an altered Hunting Buddy. We use a Big Buddy in a Clam Escape and love it. This Dewalt version is interesting, but if you've ever seen a LiPo battery pack catch fire, I'd be uneasy about strapping one to a propane heater.

Offline IcePirateJace

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 11, 2019, 04:08 PM »
It also has a light built into the handle. I’d buy one if/when Milwaukee copies it.

Offline eob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 12, 2019, 08:45 AM »
I have the dewalt heater.  I like it.  The fan is nice, it helps even out heat in your space also helps with condensation.  I would also say it feels warmer.   The light and USB ports are handy if needed.  Battery running fan only last more than a day, of course the battery size matters I had 5 amp.  As someone already stated it is between little buddy and big buddy.  Also hold two 1 pound tanks like the big buddy. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.