Author Topic: Innovative tip downs  (Read 4098 times)

Offline pikemaster0607

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • when in doubt go ice fishing
Innovative tip downs
« on: Dec 20, 2016, 07:23 PM »
Hey guys just bought a bunch of the innovative tip downs. Was wondering if anyone else on here has them. Just wobdering what the best way to put line on them is with the small reel its tough to get my fingers in there
ice fishing for life

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
Re: Innovative tip downs
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2016, 08:19 PM »
I now see what those are ~ They are very proud of them.    Did you not receive instructions for loading line?

Truly wish I could answer your question pikemaster but, alas, I built a set of 4 like the photo.

Good luck.

Offline gravelman_6

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2016, 04:32 AM »
I have five of these tip downs and they are good with one flaw. The reel is small and when reeling them in after a day's fishing they can get off the spool and in between the handle and outside of the spool. This will happen. To tie line on spool simply squeeze the other side of handle going through the spool and pull from handle side out. This will remove the handle and let you tie the line to the reel. Get use to doing this as I said the line gets between the outside of spool and spool shaft. They are a nice setup a little pricy. One other tip if using them on a windy day take the ice shavings from your hole or snow and pack on legs and keep pole lower. I love mine and good luck to you.

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 22, 2016, 06:05 AM »
Love mine. Yep do what gravelman said. Many around here use them. The best part when the day is done. Is how they store away. As for price it really is not that bad considering what most ice fisherman will pay for jigs now a days. There has been lots of posts about these over the years. Do a search. But most of all enjoy them.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline pikemaster0607

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • when in doubt go ice fishing
« Reply #4 on: Dec 24, 2016, 08:03 PM »
Ive used them as my buddy has them and i was hooked
ice fishing for life

Offline defiant1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 29, 2016, 04:38 PM »
I have five of these tip downs and they are good with one flaw. The reel is small and when reeling them in after a day's fishing they can get off the spool and in between the handle and outside of the spool. This will happen. To tie line on spool simply squeeze the other side of handle going through the spool and pull from handle side out. This will remove the handle and let you tie the line to the reel. Get use to doing this as I said the line gets between the outside of spool and spool shaft. They are a nice setup a little pricy. One other tip if using them on a windy day take the ice shavings from your hole or snow and pack on legs and keep pole lower. I love mine and good luck to you.

How well do they work when fishing for walleye or do you strictly use them for the smaller panfish?

d1

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #6 on: Dec 29, 2016, 04:45 PM »

How well do they work when fishing for walleye or do you strictly use them for the smaller panfish?

d1

Very few surprises, in fact never for me.  They're mainly for crappies and perch.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.