Author Topic: Beaver Flick's  (Read 1702 times)

Offline Double_J

• IceShanty Rookie
Beaver Flick's
« on: Dec 03, 2016, 04:24 PM »
Now that I have your attention, anybody use beaver flicks on their tip ups? You probably need to be from Grand Marais Mn to know what they are. They are a hook with a small willow or indian blade attached. I've used them in the summer and think they may aid in attracting fish. I guess I'll find out this year.

If you want some, you can order them from the Beaver House (beaverflicktackle.com). :o :) ;)

Offline JonPerry

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Beaver Flick's
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2016, 06:39 PM »
I bummed when I heard the store closed. I've been using the flicks & Mr Bills float rigs for years. I'm glad you posted, now I can re stock. ;D

Offline Double_J

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2016, 03:50 PM »
Glad I could help. I should probably order a few more.

Offline Ole_gonefishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2016, 11:17 PM »
Thank you for reminding me that I bought a handful of these during Fisherman's Picnic this summer to use on tip-ups this winter. Had some luck on panfish with them the couple of times I made it out though. If I remember to, I'll try to post results from under a flag.

Beaver House was still open this last summer though... I think they just close for the winter.
What an ice hole...

Offline Double_J

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 18, 2016, 06:45 AM »
I forget how the story goes, but they were closed for a while. I think somebody helped with a loan to get it open again.
 If your ever in Grand Morais, stop in and help the local small business's. It's a neat little town and on the way to the Boundry Waters Wilderness Area. Great area!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.