New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1347104 times)

Offline Jake1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #11580 on: Jan 26, 2022, 12:53 PM »
Awesome pic thanks for sharing, my son lived up there for a bit some steep hill driving up in the snow!!

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11581 on: Jan 26, 2022, 12:55 PM »

Today from Top of the World Golf Course, French Mt. A few guys at Harris, and a few out toward Diamond (didn't notice any wheelers). No one at FA Beach, but there were some tracks going out about 50 yards and turning around.

How many inches of ice on the greens?

That’s a great view, thanks for sharing and the update

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11582 on: Jan 26, 2022, 04:24 PM »
I think we need to all step back and take a look at what is going on with the big picture. We as a country are more divided than ever, do we as sportsman (people) need to continue the divisiveness between ourselves? I completely understand both sides of this quandary. I am one who comes to Lake George for a few days a year as a fishing vacation. We have been coming up there for since the mid to late 90's. We travel nearly 5.5 hrs. I will always reach out to a few folks up there trying to get an idea as to what to expect. I do however PM them, yourself included Hardwater, and I have had nothing but positive responses. I understand that there are many levels of commitment to the sport. I don't understand being aggresive, on either side of this subject. If someone has a safety concern and is only looking for info that they will have to make a decision as to making the trip, or staying home based on accumulated info, what is the harm in telling them ice conditions? I don't believe that you should ask, nor should anyone have to divulge locations, tactics, etc. I love the area, the lake and many of the people that I have come to trust for simple info so as to better plan our trip. If someone rubs you the wrong way with their inquiries, simply ignore them and move on. Lake George is a big body of water, many of the folks traveling a distance probably don't have the means to get away from the crowds anyway. We fish out of Hague and really don't see any issues with crowding. Understandably it is always the last place to freeze. I will extend a thank you to all the folks that have helped myself and my family enjoy the area for many years and hope to continue the seasonal rapport that I have with them. Basic kindness among fellow sportsmen is slowly being lost, it is a sign of the times, it doesn't have to be. Good luck to all' and be safe out there.       
no harm no foul worms, just the way I see it happy to help people just don't like snark and arrogance although I do give it my self I don't like giving ice conditions because the lake is quiet variable I'm on 7'' and half mile up the lake theres miles of open water at times

Offline mee2gofishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11583 on: Jan 26, 2022, 09:29 PM »

Today from Top of the World Golf Course, French Mt. A few guys at Harris, and a few out toward Diamond (didn't notice any wheelers). No one at FA Beach, but there were some tracks going out about 50 yards and turning around.

Great photo.  Do I see open water at the top of the image???? Thanks for posting.

Offline Adironzach

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Certified Doe Dragger
« Reply #11584 on: Jan 27, 2022, 05:46 AM »

Great photo.  Do I see open water at the top of the image???? Thanks for posting.

Absolutely. That area is always the very last to freeze, if it ever actually does

Offline Neil McCauley

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11585 on: Jan 27, 2022, 07:56 AM »
I have not verified myself but would be shocked if that is indeed open water after the temps we've had. :o Could be black ice?

Offline S.Crawford

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11586 on: Jan 27, 2022, 09:14 AM »
Fished on the west side of the lake yesterday, 6”+ of good ice. Caught a couple pike on tip up’s with the bait right near the bottom (30-40’ water depth) and we jigged up a couple lakers with spoons (50-60’ water depth).  Didn’t mark any lakers above 50’, might’ve just been where we were, I dunno 🤷‍♂️ Lots of people out from MDB to NW Bay.

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11587 on: Jan 27, 2022, 11:17 AM »
Fished on the west side of the lake yesterday, 6”+ of good ice. Caught a couple pike on tip up’s with the bait right near the bottom (30-40’ water depth) and we jigged up a couple lakers with spoons (50-60’ water depth).  Didn’t mark any lakers above 50’, might’ve just been where we were, I dunno 🤷‍♂️ Lots of people out from MDB to NW Bay.

good work bud I absolutely love that you blurred the background and your faces hahahaha thats what we need more of on this site!!

Offline S.Crawford

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11588 on: Jan 27, 2022, 11:36 AM »
good work bud I absolutely love that you blurred the background and your faces hahahaha thats what we need more of on this site!!

Thanks! Seemed like this thread started taking a wrong turn so I was hoping this might bring back the spirit of sharing info without sharing spots. LG is a big lake!

Offline Adironzach

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Certified Doe Dragger
« Reply #11589 on: Jan 27, 2022, 12:37 PM »

Please wear a balaclava next time we are on the ice so i dont see your face either  :roflmao:

Offline S.Crawford

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11590 on: Jan 27, 2022, 01:02 PM »
Please wear a balaclava next time we are on the ice so i dont see your face either  :roflmao:

Glad I wore that thing, it was cold and windy out there!

Offline korushka

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11591 on: Jan 27, 2022, 01:20 PM »
you are absolutely right man I love this report it should  be like this and nothing else.

Offline delawareriver

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11592 on: Jan 27, 2022, 05:54 PM »
Running up tomorrow on a solo trip, if anyone wants to fish let me know. Have a general plan but not set in stone

Offline mdougla1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11593 on: Jan 27, 2022, 06:16 PM »
Im happy I started chasing lakers elsewhere. Its been a quiet, peaceful season.

I'm on a personal mission to not fish lg once this year. 

Which I know seems like an impossible task to the experts that frequent this website. But the freezer is looking good so far.
I'm not saying they're biting on Brant.  But they probably are

Offline Neil McCauley

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11594 on: Jan 27, 2022, 07:22 PM »
idk...February is gonna be a fun month. They'll almost certainly plow the race track. Trucks on LG is not an every year thing.

Offline Hardwater2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11595 on: Jan 27, 2022, 07:26 PM »
Running up tomorrow on a solo trip, if anyone wants to fish let me know. Have a general plan but not set in stone

I’d join you but it’s the gf’s birthday and I’m fishing all next week! Hope you hammer them.

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11596 on: Jan 27, 2022, 08:37 PM »
;D ;D ;D

Offline delawareriver

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11597 on: Jan 28, 2022, 07:39 AM »
I’d join you but it’s the gf’s birthday and I’m fishing all next week! Hope you hammer them.

Kid got sick and wife needed help, looks like I'll be up Monday instead

Offline njg0621

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11598 on: Jan 28, 2022, 09:49 AM »
I'm on a personal mission to not fish lg once this year. 

Which I know seems like an impossible task to the experts that frequent this website. But the freezer is looking good so far.

So go post somewhere else..... Nobody is reading the "Lake George BS Thread" to read about how you don't want to fish it.  Later!

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11599 on: Jan 28, 2022, 10:52 AM »
Someone needs to catch a fish!  :tipup:

Offline sinkergurl

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fishing makes me happy
« Reply #11600 on: Jan 28, 2022, 11:04 AM »
Absolutely. That area is always the very last to freeze, if it ever actually does

All that work to not give away your location and then you say this...lol  btw nice fish. Looks like you had a fun day.

Daughter and I are heading there tomorrow. Thanks for the info.
FJB

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11601 on: Jan 29, 2022, 06:26 AM »
Saw 2 wheelers and a side by side between Canoe and Diamond Islands. Not saying its safe but I didn't see them fall through!!! 
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!
All That Is Needed For Evil To Succeed Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!
Life is Tough, Its even tougher if you're Stupid!!

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11602 on: Jan 29, 2022, 02:57 PM »
Fished Vets 8am-3pm. 9” of ice, 2 of which was junk on top. I landed on dink city, not much to bring home. Wind was brutal

Offline Neil McCauley

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11603 on: Jan 29, 2022, 03:38 PM »
Same for me today. I haven't caught a 12-14" football perch on LG in a while.  :-\

Offline Garufi518

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11604 on: Jan 30, 2022, 08:21 PM »
Im happy I started chasing lakers elsewhere. Its been a quiet, peaceful season.

Rolling hills sucks stop boasting about it

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11605 on: Jan 31, 2022, 10:23 AM »
1000's of people angrily search Navi for "rolling hills" and "quiet pines".... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: >:D

Nice lakers. :thumbsup:

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11606 on: Jan 31, 2022, 10:44 AM »
Fisherman's Bluff is where I find lots of big ones.

Offline Killiansred

• IceShanty Rookie
  • On a mission to do some fishin.
« Reply #11607 on: Jan 31, 2022, 11:01 AM »
I’m headed up this week for a few days to fish and was wondering if there were any spots to avoid, like any spots where ice is known to be bad all year. Only fished George from a boat in the past. Thanks all.
Owner/Operator of Killian's Welding Service
Mobile Welding Solutions

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11608 on: Jan 31, 2022, 12:54 PM »
Cracks popped up all over yesterday while I was out... lots of good ice around but I wouldn't go out without paying attention. Fish were hungry so that was a plus. Kinda hope more people get sick of  lake george and go fish other lakes, more room for me! ;D

Offline Killiansred

• IceShanty Rookie
  • On a mission to do some fishin.
« Reply #11609 on: Jan 31, 2022, 01:20 PM »
Cracks popped up all over yesterday while I was out... lots of good ice around but I wouldn't go out without paying attention. Fish were hungry so that was a plus. Kinda hope more people get sick of  lake george and go fish other lakes, more room for me! ;D

Thanks, I always spud out so should be alright. I’ll make sure to leave enough room for you guys lol
Owner/Operator of Killian's Welding Service
Mobile Welding Solutions

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.