New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1347112 times)

Offline SeanyD

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #11100 on: Jan 29, 2021, 07:17 AM »
Someone's got to be the first. If someone said there was 3 inches on huddle bay, there would be 25 guys trying to get out there. Ots a freaking disease.  As soon as I can get out I will.

Offline pikemanEd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11101 on: Jan 29, 2021, 07:40 AM »
That was the year before last that Sean almost went swimming when the ridge popped
Go big or go home

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11102 on: Jan 29, 2021, 07:41 AM »
Funny feeling this thread and Facebook get quite a few pics this weekend of those lake george lakers and perch.

Offline jflood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11103 on: Jan 29, 2021, 08:29 AM »
If anyone gets out this weekend please share ice thickness.  The $$$ beach cam shows much of the snow has been blown off the lake.  No as much on the Algonquin cam. Overall she has got to be building good ice now. Cant wait but I'll have the picks, ropes and friends with me when I step on the ice.

Stay safe and tight lines :tipup:

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11104 on: Jan 29, 2021, 09:00 AM »
Hey Neil...think about this for a second.  No one is forced to risk their lives.  Your comments can be listed under the garbage civilians say category.  First responders, military personal choose a life of helping others knowing damn well what the risks of the profession are.  It's a choice and a choice all of them selflessly make.  I have never known one to get all butthurt like you because someone had a bad day and needed their help  They are happy and thankful they saved a life.  They live for it and again I'll repeat its a choice.  Somewhere in this world people like you became emboldened to make comments like this not realizing that those professionals really enjoy saving lives so they made a career of it.  Smh....

100% agree
Let's not be all self righteous and blame others for mistakes or accidents that happen in this world.
I'm absolutely grateful to the people who chose a path to serve the public well being . There are many in my family that have  and do.. Let's just be thankful there are folks out there for everyone.

Stay safe and stay on top.  Most of all,  enjoy life to its fullest doing them to the best of our ability

Offline Chase88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11105 on: Jan 29, 2021, 04:34 PM »
If anyone gets out this weekend please share ice thickness.  The $$$ beach cam shows much of the snow has been blown off the lake.  No as much on the Algonquin cam. Overall she has got to be building good ice now. Cant wait but I'll have the picks, ropes and friends with me when I step on the ice.

Stay safe and tight lines :tipup:
   wind has been blowing hard all day.... not making ice .... need some calm conditions for it to cap.....

Offline H2OFOWLR

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11106 on: Jan 29, 2021, 04:43 PM »
I know I won’t be taking LG pics.  Did the loop with my son this AM before school and my work meetings.  I took the 6” nils and a tape measure rather than the jiffy spud.  Huddle went from 4” at the edge to 2.5” out past the bubblers.  I didn’t dare venture any further. Ice has 3” snow and it’s wet under it...not so great.  Harris looked sketchy to even walk out and no one obviously was out.  The open water off diamond was steaming like mad so without wind, it may lock up but it’s breezy right now.

Moral of the story- I’ll be jigging Lakers with my son inside the clam on schroon...if we don’t freeze solid walking out.  I’ll be trying for some perch hopefully middle of next week on the bays...if there’s more than 5”.  Be safe out there guys if you think about LG.

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11107 on: Jan 29, 2021, 05:38 PM »
I know I won’t be taking LG pics.  Did the loop with my son this AM before school and my work meetings.  I took the 6” nils and a tape measure rather than the jiffy spud.  Huddle went from 4” at the edge to 2.5” out past the bubblers.  I didn’t dare venture any further. Ice has 3” snow and it’s wet under it...not so great.  Harris looked sketchy to even walk out and no one obviously was out.  The open water off diamond was steaming like mad so without wind, it may lock up but it’s breezy right now.

Moral of the story- I’ll be jigging Lakers with my son inside the clam on schroon...if we don’t freeze solid walking out.  I’ll be trying for some perch hopefully middle of next week on the bays...if there’s more than 5”.  Be safe out there guys if you think about LG.

MDB had 3 inches of ice about 30 feet offshore where the ice was clear of snow.  10 feet away under the crusted snow it was 1.5 inches. Most of the ice was snow covered so be careful if you head out
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline Jake1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11108 on: Jan 29, 2021, 10:17 PM »
tonight will make some progress way less wind.  cmon ice!! 3 in Albany as we speak

Offline Jake1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11109 on: Jan 30, 2021, 07:23 AM »
people fishing on mdb as we speak. great night for ice!!

Offline samoljets

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11110 on: Jan 30, 2021, 08:05 AM »
10 guys out on sawmill as far out as the end of green island

Offline mdougla1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11111 on: Jan 30, 2021, 07:40 PM »
10 guys out on sawmill as far out as the end of green island

I see folks are just tripping over themselves in an effort to give conditions on lg.

I fished lg today

It was cold, but pleasant

I'm not saying they're biting on Brant.  But they probably are

Offline Bassmaster16

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11112 on: Jan 30, 2021, 07:53 PM »
Anyone been by hearthstone?

Offline adkoutdoorsman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11113 on: Jan 30, 2021, 08:15 PM »
Anyone been by hearthstone?
It’s skimmed over, and the gate is locked.

Offline samoljets

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11114 on: Jan 30, 2021, 08:48 PM »
Saw no one there when I went by at 330. 

Offline Mentiply

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11115 on: Jan 30, 2021, 08:55 PM »
North Basin did not lock as of dark. Some ice showing so hopefully tonight.

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11116 on: Jan 30, 2021, 09:26 PM »
I was hoping for GPS numbers and a list of lures you had success with...maybe a picture of the ice thickness....
That’s too much work can you just take me and drill me a hole?

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11117 on: Jan 31, 2021, 06:26 AM »
I was driving around the South end yesterday morning and texted a local fireman friend of mine and said "somebody is going swimming today, there are guys fishing where there was open water yesterday".  And I was right!  Apparently a guy decided the fishing was better just a little bit farther than everyone else at MDB and went in the drink. Guess he got himself out and hauled A$$ back to his truck while other guys picked up his stuff.
There were 4 vehicles at Paulist Fathers and there was open water there friday. Also a lot of open spots on Harris too.
Be safe guys, its still January!!!
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!
All That Is Needed For Evil To Succeed Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!
Life is Tough, Its even tougher if you're Stupid!!

Offline can_of_worms

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #11118 on: Jan 31, 2021, 08:23 AM »
Crazy season we are having this year. Does anyone have any info on Rogers Rock area? We are coming up Feb 16 - 21 staying at the Trout house and normally fish at Rogers , do you think there will be decent ice by then there? Or should we start to look into Schroon ,Brant, and Bullwaga bay for options. Thank so much.

Offline Chase88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11119 on: Jan 31, 2021, 10:42 AM »
Well, the worse thing for the Lake right now is a lot of snow...if the snow stays south it should set up. Lot of snow covering thin spots...land mines.

Offline Laker20

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11120 on: Jan 31, 2021, 10:47 AM »
any ice reports for the Fort Ann Beach?

Offline Mentiply

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11121 on: Jan 31, 2021, 02:23 PM »
Still wide open at Gull Bay looking towards Hague.  :'(

Offline iceangler442

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got ice?
« Reply #11122 on: Jan 31, 2021, 05:48 PM »
I was out on Huddle Bay today 4.5-5 inches but very sketchy spots 2-3 inch spots. I walked across one part that I almost went through. Be very careful venturing out. The bite was slow today. Could not get anything to bite. I drilled a bunch of holes and only landed two perch. Talked to guys out there and at vets they weren't doing too hot either. Did anyone out on the lake do good today?

Offline bigfish1212

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11123 on: Jan 31, 2021, 06:42 PM »
Going out for my first 50 perch of the year tomorrow. Time to start filling the freezer again ate my last perch a couple weeks ago.

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11124 on: Feb 01, 2021, 06:42 AM »
Crazy season we are having this year. Does anyone have any info on Rogers Rock area? We are coming up Feb 16 - 21 staying at the Trout house and normally fish at Rogers , do you think there will be decent ice by then there? Or should we start to look into Schroon ,Brant, and Bullwaga bay for options. Thank so much.
It was still open water as of noon yesterday.
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!
All That Is Needed For Evil To Succeed Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!
Life is Tough, Its even tougher if you're Stupid!!

Offline bigfish1212

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11125 on: Feb 01, 2021, 08:23 AM »
The semi elusive LG crappie

Offline Chase88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11126 on: Feb 01, 2021, 12:06 PM »
Still a bunch of open water....

Offline bigfish1212

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11127 on: Feb 01, 2021, 03:02 PM »
Decent first day back out the got super tight lipped after about 9.

Offline Jake1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11128 on: Feb 01, 2021, 06:26 PM »
nice fish take that in a minute, and great beer btw!! hoping the snow does not pile up too high up there!

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11129 on: Feb 01, 2021, 07:30 PM »
I had a great morning.  All alone.  Probably don't want to try to go there unless you are extremely comfortable with variable ice.

I spy where the 30”+ ones are.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.