New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1347142 times)

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #10080 on: Mar 12, 2019, 03:09 PM »
Went out off hearthstone yesterday in the windpit. question i have is one of the lakers i caught was covered in these light brown invertebrates. they were a clearish brown color. Shaped like a v. where they were attached split into what looked like 2 tails. there were over 20 stuck on it. wondering what it could be or if anyone has seen this? i didn't have my phone so i couldn't take a picture

Yeah I see it all the time. Trout stuck with little bugs. The ones that have them seem to have a bunch.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10081 on: Mar 12, 2019, 04:12 PM »
Kpd what blown edges have you seen?

Trotta.. speed estimate incorrect but I was the suspect in the Tahoe. 40mph turns contents inside the otter into soup, and thanks bose.  Only stock stereo worth keeping. 

Justin...weve seen the lake go from 20" of ice to half that in a day.  Its hard to judge unless you go all the time and can see the ice change daily.  That said I bet I could drive on and off successfully next weekend.  Will I?  Probably not. 

JJ

« Reply #10082 on: Mar 12, 2019, 04:35 PM »
Went out off hearthstone yesterday in the windpit. question i have is one of the lakers i caught was covered in these light brown invertebrates. they were a clearish brown color. Shaped like a v. where they were attached split into what looked like 2 tails. there were over 20 stuck on it. wondering what it could be or if anyone has seen this? i didn't have my phone so i couldn't take a picture

They are a parasite called anchor worms, very common on the lakers and don't seem to harm them very much; lots of times they fall off when reeling fish in and you can see the bloody spots all over them.

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #10083 on: Mar 12, 2019, 05:32 PM »
Kpd what blown edges have you seen?

None yet, thankfully., l'm saying that with it warming they are gonna go first. It's getting to be that time of season.

Kind reminder

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10084 on: Mar 12, 2019, 05:42 PM »
None yet, thankfully., l'm saying that with it warming they are gonna go first. It's getting to be that time of season.

Kind reminder

Didn't know it was you Ken.  Phil had to learn me.  You know well enough.  Didn't you and Rotha make it to April last year as well?

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10085 on: Mar 12, 2019, 07:08 PM »

Kind reminder

Reminder to the wheelers,  walkers don't have the boot clearance so please save a shoreline

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10086 on: Mar 12, 2019, 07:44 PM »
Hopefully the shoreline will hold up for this weekend. Tuna you should have watched the last video I made. I fell off my atv. Really set you up with some anti atv amp lol

Offline Swinginhammers_and_fishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10087 on: Mar 12, 2019, 08:24 PM »
Huddle bay was very chewed up from the bubblers today.  I would be surprised if it made it to the weekend.

On another note i got my first keeper through the ice today (while jigging perch).  Lots of lakers in the bays right now.

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10088 on: Mar 12, 2019, 08:25 PM »
Hopefully the shoreline will hold up for this weekend. Tuna you should have watched the last video I made. I fell off my atv. Really set you up with some anti atv amp lol

I have a kevlar plate and 11 screws in my shoulder from my ATV.  You get a wet butt ?? , lol.

Offline steinea286

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10089 on: Mar 12, 2019, 08:29 PM »
How was the perch bite in huddle? Looking to take a trip up tomorrow!

Offline steinea286

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10090 on: Mar 12, 2019, 08:29 PM »

Offline Swinginhammers_and_fishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10091 on: Mar 12, 2019, 08:41 PM »

Hey, sorry i saw your pm.  I’ll respond to that

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10092 on: Mar 13, 2019, 06:47 AM »
I have a kevlar plate and 11 screws in my shoulder from my ATV.  You get a wet butt ?? , lol.

I put my hand on the side of my arm from
My motocross days. I raced quad expert for years. Did it on a 90’ jump. Guy I was going to pass didn’t follow rules. Cut me off when I was 5th gear pinned right on the face of the jump. He slammed on his brakes. I landed sideways. Fun moment.

I also dislocated my shoulder 16 miles back in the woods. I put it back in myself when I had to flip my quad back over. I was alone.

Brap

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10093 on: Mar 13, 2019, 08:34 AM »

Yeah I hear ya. I raced motocross  for years then switched to sport bikes .  The only thing I have left now is my race sled and thats for sale on craigslist lol. Once you get older the wrecks get worse ! That’s why I boat and fish now.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10094 on: Mar 13, 2019, 12:11 PM »
How about that lake george...I hear the fish live in there!

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10095 on: Mar 13, 2019, 12:40 PM »
How about that lake george...I hear the fish live in there!

I thought it was just a place to ride sleds and atvs.
westernmas on the finder

Offline Garufi518

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10096 on: Mar 13, 2019, 01:10 PM »
Mad no one told me about the derby at hearthstone today 😳

Offline bird21s

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10097 on: Mar 13, 2019, 01:27 PM »
It’s fine to fly a plane low and land on the ice. But I’m pretty sure it’s illegal to fly over people under 500 feet. I could be wrong. Lots of guys to practice lands and take offs on the ice. You see it in the gsl almost every weekend. I see guys buzzing sand island all summer and i don’t think they realize how many people fly drones now. If I was flying a plane  I’d keep it above 500 feet and out of the way of drones. I have personally seen a drone and a plane within a few hundred feet at the same altitude.

Love your way of thinking, now that people fly drones, planes that have been around using the air space for a much longer period of time should move away or stay clear of drones. I Agree about the safety of people, but not your drone.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10098 on: Mar 13, 2019, 01:30 PM »
I thought it was just a place to ride sleds and atvs.

And Tahoe's. 

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10099 on: Mar 13, 2019, 01:47 PM »
Love your way of thinking, now that people fly drones, planes that have been around using the air space for a much longer period of time should move away or stay clear of drones. I Agree about the safety of people, but not your drone.

Well sorry if you don’t like it. I don’t make this stuff up. The faa does. Drones are regulated just like airplanes.  You can’t fly a drone over 400 feet without clearing it with air traffic control. Aircrafts like small planes must keep above 500 feet unless over open water or  sparsely populated areas. So when I’m legally fly my drone at 400 feet and a plane buzzes an island at 100 feet he’s the one putting his life in danger not me. If a drone pilot can visually see an air craft they have to head for the ground .  Your comment is like you saying you have fished a lake for 10 years so no one new can fish that lake. Kinda silly.

Offline got em

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10100 on: Mar 13, 2019, 05:19 PM »
Drones are silly. .and annoying . .  Drone pilot ? . .  ::) . . Ya gotta be reel small . . Lol. .

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10101 on: Mar 13, 2019, 05:28 PM »
Drones are silly. .and annoying . .  Drone pilot ? . .  ::) . . Ya gotta be reel small . . Lol. .
I hear they crash a lot and are very expensive..

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10102 on: Mar 13, 2019, 05:31 PM »

lol yeah drones are too complicated for some people

Offline got em

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10103 on: Mar 13, 2019, 05:33 PM »
Yeah tuna they do crash and are expensive. . They had one buzz the crusher in the quarry.   And well some signals got crossed and in the crusher it went. .  ;D . . Yeah I gave up playing with remote control toys when I was around 12. . Or so . .

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10104 on: Mar 13, 2019, 06:15 PM »
Yeah tuna they do crash and are expensive. . They had one buzz the crusher in the quarry.   And well some signals got crossed and in the crusher it went. .  ;D . . Yeah I gave up playing with remote control toys when I was around 12. . Or so . .

Yup, it probably cost more than my ATV new in 2007 and when I shipped it back,  the box was worth more than the contents.  I'm sure we could have bought an airplane instead cheaper in the long run.

Speaking of which,  hell might have just melted for me and LG proved a big zero this season.
Without the help of a fishing community,  1,2, and 3 are coming soon along with 50 birds

Fish on fellas.
I won't miss LG but the music never stops,  at least on IS

Offline bird21s

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10105 on: Mar 13, 2019, 11:08 PM »
.  Your comment is like you saying you have fished a lake for 10 years so no one new can fish that lake. Kinda silly.

Are you seriously comparing yourself to an actual pilot? Because I don’t get how me fishing a place as a fisherman, and not letting other fisherman fish my lake. Has to do with my comment.  I may be wrong here but comparing drones to planes, to me... would be comparable to a rc snowmobile on an actual snowmobile trail. Then saying if I were a snomobiler ide watch out for them rc sleds.... and yes I know before you tell me. You are legally sticking that rc plane in the sky... sorry FT I’m not a drone guy. I watch your videos and it’s great what you do with Rowan, keep it up. But I simply don’t agree with the public having the ability to fly a drone for any purpose around or near me. I think it’s an invasion of my privacy, why? because it is.....

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10106 on: Mar 14, 2019, 01:40 AM »

My response was to this ^^ Well I’m sorry you feel that way. I hate to see people complain about our freedom. I’m not comparing myself to an airplane pilot. The technical term for a person flying a drone is a pilot. I didn’t make that up the faa did. You seem to be having a hard time with this. I’ll help you out. A drone or plane regardless of its size is called an aircraft. Again, again it’s not me making this stuff up it’s the faa . Drones can only fly in the air space that’s under 400 feet,unless cleared by air traffic control. Planes fly above 500 feet . If you shoot down a drone it’s a felony because it’s an aircraft. Just as you have the right to go out on a public lake and drill holes and take fish. Other people have the right to film in public and take pictures. If you have a problem with that sorry. Welcome to American. It seems that your problems are with the faa and the regulations they have in place, I just follow them.  A drone and rc sled are not comparable .Most drones are not small and cost 1000-6000 . They reach speeds 40-60 mph and have miles of range  They can cause serious injuries or death. A drone could easily be flown into airspace that could literally take down an aircraft ( one of the reasons you can’t fly within 5 miles of a run way and stay under 400 feet ). Much more responsibility and skill to fly a drone then to operate an rc car or sled that might go 10 mph and have 100 foot range.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10107 on: Mar 14, 2019, 04:37 AM »
Mike I hope you have been well.  Lake trout.    ;D

Offline Fishmarket

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10108 on: Mar 14, 2019, 06:32 AM »
Bird21s I think I found something for you

AM

Offline IcefisherSteve

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10109 on: Mar 14, 2019, 06:59 AM »
You can tell the end of ice fishing season is near.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.