New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1346889 times)

Offline Elmer Fudd

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #9930 on: Mar 03, 2019, 06:04 PM »
I’ll be heading to LG on Wednesday for my first hard water trip ever here and staying until Friday. From what I’ve read on here by weeding through the BS Im gonna go out from the vets park. I know it might be to much to ask but should I head North, South or east?

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9931 on: Mar 03, 2019, 06:17 PM »
Thanks man. We could have kept 100. And only took home around 60. I think that’s reasonable, I stick em in the snow bank when we got home and Took care of them this Moring. For the amount of fish I catch and throw back 60 fish is noting. I think besides those fish we only kept 10 others this season. Out of hundreds of fish That’s nothing. I’m all about catch and release but sometimes I want to keep some just like everyone else. Keep an eye out for the video I’ll have it out mid week !

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9932 on: Mar 03, 2019, 06:22 PM »
Nice fishing.
Proceeding them all probably a PIA but quicker than 50 chickens I bet.
Call me next time,  got knife,  will travel.  Lol

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9933 on: Mar 03, 2019, 06:48 PM »
Yeah it didn’t take too long. I have a heated garage at the house. Turned on the music and pounded them out. The smaller fish are harder then the larger ones. Every once in a while I’ll slip and take 1/2 of bottom side off. I’m no pro , I don’t keep many fish but i can get it done lol. Rather have a striped bass on the bench. Chickens are no fun. Never got into meat chickens. When I lived on the farm I had 50 layers and a heard of goats !

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9934 on: Mar 03, 2019, 06:59 PM »
We filet stripers at the dock and in the box. I'm a season striper dock holder.
My son has 50 egg layers,  no way do I want to care for animals over winter,  been there growing up.
I do meat birds and hogs only. Over by fall before the venison and ice hit. Gardening and fruit is also a huge part of my time.
We buy very little in a grocery store and instead eat off the land and waters given.

Teach your children well.
Learn about all things outdoors.
Do things yourself instead of easy traps,  labor of love is the most rewarding

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9935 on: Mar 03, 2019, 07:04 PM »
Yeah I enjoy that type of stuff. The best part about this is my wife is a vegetarian.  I like to do all this outdoors stuff and hunting and fishing but she won’t eat it.

Offline mdougla1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9936 on: Mar 03, 2019, 07:09 PM »
From your own words a decade ago.

Keep it real.

Im a newbie to this site. Have to admit that. I have ice fished since i was a kid and in no way do i need advice on how to catch fish. I was turned onto this site by a guy who said we could get reports on conditions on local lakes. thought this site would be great to find out whether or not there was safe ice in the area. Im not here to find someone's honey hole, only to find out if a lake in someone's area is safe to be on. I like the NY general board because it is reallly entertaining, and as a far as the idea that people should be able to post without recourse is ridiculous...if someone makes an outrageous claim that is clearly BS, they should be called out on their ridiculousness and general stupidity

What in the f are you talking about?

Someone called a guy out for keeping under a legal limit of fish. 

I took exception to that. What did I say that was outrageous ?

Full throttle did nothing wrong. Bravo to him for having a good day out with his son. He should be insulted for following the regs

How much free time do you have to go back through my 10 years of posts of this website?!?!?!

I'm not saying they're biting on Brant.  But they probably are

Offline Ice Chipper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9937 on: Mar 03, 2019, 07:19 PM »
Nice to see the people that decide who can keep what, and when, regardless of the law and legals limits are here. They had a great day - they didn't do anything wrong - keep your opinions to yourself unless you want to say "congratulations - glad you had an awesome day!! " If you want to go after poachers knock yourself out. Let me guess, you want people to not shoot any deer that doesn't have 8 points on a side too.
  Who are you to tell people to keep their opinions to themselves. I can post my opinion any time I want. I never said they did anything wrong, it was just a suggestion.I guess you know my thoughts on deer hunting also. You're an amazing mind reader!! ::)

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9938 on: Mar 03, 2019, 07:43 PM »
What in the f are you talking about?

Someone called a guy out for keeping under a legal limit of fish. 

I took exception to that. What did I say that was outrageous ?

Full throttle did nothing wrong. Bravo to him for having a good day out with his son. He should be insulted for following the regs

How much free time do you have to go back through my 10 years of posts of this website?!?!?!

It took me less than a minute of my free time.  The internet makes things so easy.
Unlike reading a book or exploring someplace on foot.

Lighten up. 
You said this place was a joke,  not me.
I'm only a joker trying to have fun doing what we enjoy. 
The fishing sucked for us this weekend on LG ..

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9939 on: Mar 03, 2019, 08:29 PM »
Yeah I enjoy that type of stuff. The best part about this is my wife is a vegetarian.  I like to do all this outdoors stuff and hunting and fishing but she won’t eat it.

Your in trouble . Your grocery bill is probably double the cost . My daughter in law is a vegetarian also.
I couldn't imagine making seperate meals and not using the same pan for bacon as eggs.

Offline Justinrc21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9940 on: Mar 03, 2019, 09:37 PM »
...this site is incredibly entertaining. I’m headed back up tomorrow morning, is VEts as pressured as hearthstone? I only managed one laker all day Friday... hoping for a little more action tomorrow. Any other suggestions, insults or whatever welcome...

Fullthrottle- looking forward to the video!
'For those who have defended it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know' ~Unknown~

Offline DiamonDave96

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9941 on: Mar 03, 2019, 10:08 PM »
I’ll be heading to LG on Wednesday for my first hard water trip ever here and staying until Friday. From what I’ve read on here by weeding through the BS Im gonna go out from the vets park. I know it might be to much to ask but should I head North, South or east?

Head north to north-east perch are everywhere typically. You may need to look and explore for the slabbers. Good luck and welcome to LG                     

Offline flyfisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9942 on: Mar 04, 2019, 06:55 AM »
I fished Hague Thursday for the first time since 2014.  The bite was almost constant but got mostly dinks.  Was able to get only 13 perch out of probably a couple of hundred.  Would love to hear what anyone else who fishes there is finding.  Was keeping 8 inches or bigger. 

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9943 on: Mar 04, 2019, 09:26 AM »
Your in trouble . Your grocery bill is probably double the cost . My daughter in law is a vegetarian also.
I couldn't imagine making seperate meals and not using the same pan for bacon as eggs.

The wife title is more troubling than being a vegetarian.     ;D

Offline Ice Chipper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9944 on: Mar 04, 2019, 09:46 AM »
You should put your phone number down on here - that way everyone can call you to see if you think we've caught too many fish, or the wrong sex of fish, and if you approve if we keep them.  Lake George isn't some puddle measured in acres - its 32 miles long - it has an area of 40+ miles..... I'm pretty sure it can stand losing 60 pregnant perch (I'm pretty sure not all of them were females too).  Keep that phone handy, if I see a perch leaking eggs I'll give you a call to see what you think.  I notice you didn't disagree with what I said about deer hunting either ..... never mind about the phone number, I think I already have your number.  LOL
My opinion is your a real jerk if that post bothered you that much!

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9945 on: Mar 04, 2019, 10:08 AM »
Poor Full Throttle ….. he got harassed here and on Facebook for taking his son fishing and keeping well under the legal limit.

Just my opinion but i think it's a fantastic thing to teach a kid  ;D

Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9946 on: Mar 04, 2019, 10:15 AM »
Im with you John.  I can tolerate a drone and some videos from him because there is nothing better than a Dad teaching his son to fish.  However, when you post things online you have to be ready for the backlash good or bad.

Offline Big Tupper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9947 on: Mar 04, 2019, 10:22 AM »
Great job FullThrottle, I think the only thing better than the catching of the perch is sitting back with your buddies, music and a few cocktails while cleaning. Great job with the kid he will never forget that you did that for him.

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9948 on: Mar 04, 2019, 10:22 AM »
Lol ah it’s ok I have thick skin. In all reality 60 perch isn’t a lot of fish. They really don’t have that much meat on them unless they are over 12 inches. It looks like  a ton of fish on the ice but once you get it cut up, screw up a few.a full 5 gallon bucket might fill 2 full freezer bags if your lucky.

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9949 on: Mar 04, 2019, 10:31 AM »
Me and Rowan actually had 4 people come up to us on the ice because they have seen our videos and that’s really cool. We gave a couple guys the 101 on ice fishing. A couple other local guys came up to us to give us some tips and tricks and that’s just cool. Rowan’s Actually my step son I’ve known him for 7 years. He’s kinda like my side kick. I also have another step son but he’s not into fishing more into guitars and music. 

Offline Yotecatcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9950 on: Mar 04, 2019, 11:18 AM »
Keep on keeping on FT 👍🏼👊🏻
I live back in the woods you see

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9951 on: Mar 04, 2019, 12:09 PM »
Man, this thread has some rediculous comments. People getting spring fever? Jeez. I’m actually just beginning to enjoy ice fishing now. Ha.

60 perch for LG is like .005% of the population. Relax people.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9952 on: Mar 04, 2019, 12:26 PM »
How many perch can you possibly eat? You should at least let the fat females loaded with eggs go. Someday Rowan can say to his kids " Gee " we use to catch a ton of perch here!!

Go away. 

Offline mdougla1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9953 on: Mar 04, 2019, 12:35 PM »
Me and Rowan actually had 4 people come up to us on the ice because they have seen our videos and that’s really cool. We gave a couple guys the 101 on ice fishing. A couple other local guys came up to us to give us some tips and tricks and that’s just cool. Rowan’s Actually my step son I’ve known him for 7 years. He’s kinda like my side kick. I also have another step son but he’s not into fishing more into guitars and music.

I enjoy your videos and think it's awesome you're so involved in getting the youngster out on the ice

Next time make sure you keep the full two man limit.  Lord knows it won't put a dent in the population

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9954 on: Mar 04, 2019, 12:40 PM »
Lol. I can’t belive my 60 fish are hurting feelings. Thats only 30 fish per angler. That’s nothing compared to the bucket loads taken out every day. I could see some ruffled feathers if we took limits multiple times a week but a couple times a year is reasonable.

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9955 on: Mar 04, 2019, 12:42 PM »

I enjoy your videos and think it's awesome you're so involved in getting the youngster out on the ice

Next time make sure you keep the full two man limit.  Lord knows it won't put a dent in the population

Lol maybe next time. 100 fish is a lot to cut up ! Rowan only helps catching the fish. I clean the fish ! He does cook them them tho. Next trip will be to target the sun fish !

Offline mdougla1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9956 on: Mar 04, 2019, 12:51 PM »
Lol. I can’t belive my 60 fish are hurting feelings. Thats only 30 fish per angler. That’s nothing compared to the bucket loads taken out every day. I could see some ruffled feathers if we took limits multiple times a week but a couple times a year is reasonable.

It is almost impossible to believe that someone gave a guy  and his boy flack for keeping only 60 percent of their daily limit  on a lake like LG

But here we are

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9957 on: Mar 04, 2019, 12:52 PM »
I fished Hague Thursday for the first time since 2014.  The bite was almost constant but got mostly dinks.  Was able to get only 13 perch out of probably a couple of hundred.  Would love to hear what anyone else who fishes there is finding.  Was keeping 8 inches or bigger.

It’s as simple as “you gotta move”.

Chances are you were closer to bigger ones then you know.

Or find a different location in general to perch fish. Some areas are just all small ones.

Offline Spoondangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9958 on: Mar 04, 2019, 01:15 PM »
It is almost impossible to believe that someone gave a guy  and his boy flack for keeping only 60 percent of their daily limit  on a lake like LG

But here we are

It’s def crazy talk

Offline perchinmybucket

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9959 on: Mar 04, 2019, 01:25 PM »
If anyone actually knew the number of perch in lake George it would make your eyes probably bug out of your skull. It’s insane how many are in there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.