New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1347003 times)

Offline Neil McCauley

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #7770 on: Jan 09, 2018, 08:58 PM »
^just wondering, what were you driving at Hearthstone? Think a 4x4 would be ok?

Offline Spoondangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7771 on: Jan 09, 2018, 09:05 PM »
I was driving an explorer.  It was more that I backed up into deeper snow off the side of the road, the main road is good for 4wd, but not past a certain point

Offline captin bill

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7772 on: Jan 10, 2018, 03:17 AM »
 ? Is Paliist Feathers a public access point now   ??? Looked like it yesterday

Offline fishyfishes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7773 on: Jan 10, 2018, 06:34 AM »
Man that's a chunk smallie.

We went out of hearthstone today and word to the wise, be careful as snow was deeper then we anticipated on the drive in.   Thanks to the guys who helped pushed us back to to road.
 Beautiful day weather wise and about 6/7 inches ice. My bud got a solid 25" jigging. 
At one point we had a school of fish swim under the shanty in 8 fow that were grouped like smelt but much bigger marks.  When I looked down the hole it looked like giant smelt but smaller and plainer color than perch, are these ciscos? We were over 63 fow.
I would say it was Cisco's.

Offline senko69

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7774 on: Jan 10, 2018, 07:38 AM »
Could anyone tell me if they have personally or have seen anyone go out from Harris Bay all the way to the southeast part of Speaker Heck/Long Island?  Basically, I know the ice inside Harris Bay has been fishable for a while now, but I have yet to hear a report about ice thickness just outside the bay out towards Speaker Heck and Long Island.  Thanks!   

Offline flyfisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7775 on: Jan 10, 2018, 10:07 AM »
Has anyone been up to Hague ?

Offline Chase88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7776 on: Jan 10, 2018, 11:36 AM »
Another pain in the butt part of Lake George is the lack of parking for fisherman. Took a ride by Pilot Knob and Harris Bay.  People don't be surprised if they start ticketing and towing. You can't park on the road. You got to use you head.

Offline reddog11

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lunker Lewie is the son of Adirondack Lew.
« Reply #7777 on: Jan 10, 2018, 12:06 PM »
? Is Paliist Feathers a public access point now   ??? Looked like it yesterday
LOL. I saw that too when I was going back home from fishing Harris...
Master Laker taker.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7778 on: Jan 10, 2018, 12:39 PM »
LOL. I saw that too when I was going back home from fishing Harris...

Bringing it up here will not improve the sitiation there. 

Offline bigfish1212

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7779 on: Jan 10, 2018, 01:12 PM »
It will get solved when they all end up with tickets.

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #7780 on: Jan 10, 2018, 01:29 PM »
Has anyone been up to Hague ?
ice from silver bay south for a bit. Forest bay had some ice on it after the cold but main lake was wide open looked like there was ice north of Rogers rock

Offline Neil McCauley

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7781 on: Jan 10, 2018, 02:07 PM »
Could anyone tell me if they have personally or have seen anyone go out from Harris Bay all the way to the southeast part of Speaker Heck/Long Island?  Basically, I know the ice inside Harris Bay has been fishable for a while now, but I have yet to hear a report about ice thickness just outside the bay out towards Speaker Heck and Long Island.  Thanks!

Not sure about Harris but today I walked from Still Bay area to Speaker Heck and it was 7" black ice the whole way.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7782 on: Jan 10, 2018, 03:01 PM »
It will get solved when they all end up with tickets.

Id take that ticket or heck even a tow...many would.  So I disagree that will solve anything...

Logan have you iced any yet... ?

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #7783 on: Jan 10, 2018, 03:25 PM »
And there were people parked over the white line at Harris. And duhams.     So tickets don't scare off to many people.    Same thing every year.       Just worry about your self and friends and do what makes you happy and fish more b***h less
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #7784 on: Jan 10, 2018, 03:36 PM »

yesterday was a good day  ;)

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #7785 on: Jan 10, 2018, 03:39 PM »
FYI losing parking around the lake as it is definitely don't need to give anyone anymore reasons to close mare parking spots. People have to use there heads and get off the rds when parking and unless u have written permission stay off private property it's pretty simple really. By the way found a note on.my truck today telling me if I park where I did I will be towed and ticketed so apparently we (ice fisherman) have lost more parking.........just sayin

Offline tonebea

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7786 on: Jan 10, 2018, 03:48 PM »
FYI losing parking around the lake as it is definitely don't need to give anyone anymore reasons to close mare parking spots. People have to use there heads and get off the rds when parking and unless u have written permission stay off private property it's pretty simple really. By the way found a note on.my truck today telling me if I park where I did I will be towed and ticketed so apparently we (ice fisherman) have lost more parking.........just sayin

Agreed. Saying you don't care about tickets means you don't care about everyone losing a place to park to fish.

Offline perchinmybucket

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7787 on: Jan 10, 2018, 03:55 PM »
Someone parked behind me today with a plow on his truck. His rear tire was over the white line and didn't leave me enough room to put my sled in the back of my truck because of his plow.  :cookoo:
Luckily no one parked infront of me because if they did I would have no way to load it. I really hope people start using their heads or these spots will be shut down.

Offline bigfish1212

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7788 on: Jan 10, 2018, 04:34 PM »
Id take that ticket or heck even a tow...many would.  So I disagree that will solve anything...

You would take paying for a tow and ticket for a day of fishing you could probably find a lot of places to park if you were willing to shell out 200$ for the day.

Offline Rather-B-Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7789 on: Jan 10, 2018, 04:38 PM »
Public access is a problem for many lakes! Can you launch a wheeler or snowmobile from MDB without issue?
Not that I own either, but maybe I talk the boss into buying one!

Offline multispeciesangler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7790 on: Jan 10, 2018, 04:40 PM »
Pic doesn't really do it justice it was a freak. Never got a length measurement on it.

Very nice smallie! Congrats Don!

Offline ChefMcG

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7791 on: Jan 10, 2018, 04:52 PM »
Hague wide open. 2" off of YMCA at Fort Ann
The separation is in the preparation!

Offline TheThinIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Bowhunter first, everything else second.
« Reply #7792 on: Jan 10, 2018, 07:37 PM »
Wanted to get the kids out for the first time on LG. They’re counting down the days to go. How’s the ice up Hague way?

Offline Berkley4life

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7793 on: Jan 10, 2018, 08:04 PM »
Its open water from Anthonys Nose to around Silver bay

Offline TheThinIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Bowhunter first, everything else second.
« Reply #7794 on: Jan 10, 2018, 08:06 PM »
Its open water from Anthonys Nose to around Silver bay

Thx so much for the heads up.

Offline fishboy899

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #7795 on: Jan 10, 2018, 08:26 PM »
How is the bubbler at huddle this year? Wondering if access will make it after the rain and warmth.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7796 on: Jan 11, 2018, 05:35 AM »
Agreed. Saying you don't care about tickets means you don't care about everyone losing a place to park to fish.

That makes absolutely no sense...if they are already handing out tickets the spot as already been lost so to speak.  Saying you dont care about parking means you dont care about parking.  Joking that youd take a ticket or tow to fish george was just that.  Stop whining!  For a second I thought this was a thread in a middle aged womens gardening forum!

Not to mention I cared enough to suggest the spot mentioned early not be brought up...Ive parked there several times no issues no tickets. 

Lile combsey said...fish more b***h less.

Logan glad to hear it was a good day!  Also were you not parking in a no no spot to begine with?   ;)

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #7797 on: Jan 11, 2018, 06:09 AM »
No. I was parking in a tried and true spot. I had a nice conversation with the property owners yestetday, the reason parking not allowed any more was because folks were parking where ever they want and we're blocking parts of the rd. Also there were some plants and trees that were trampledand damaged, lack of respect for the property by ice anglers. Also the amount of trash left behind ruined the spot. Property owners are just plain sick of the BS and closed the spot.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7798 on: Jan 11, 2018, 07:12 AM »
Ah thats a shame, Ive dealt with that before surfcasting...sometime s a small bribe or offer to reverse any damage caused by others can get you a pass.  The one thing the property owners should understand too is that the state has caused the parking situation to be what it is up there.  I typically park at vets and go from there which usually means leaving CT around 2am to ensure I get a spot.  The real shame is how much of the lot at mdb is closed...

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #7799 on: Jan 11, 2018, 07:28 AM »
I tried the whole bribe thing offered my snow plowing and landscape services. The response was if someone sees u parked here all will assume parking is still good there. Yes it does really suck I have been parking in this spot for the last 34 years what was more disappointing is that the land owner said "u ice anglers ruined this access spot for yourselves" so now a few bad apples give all ice anglers a bad name. 
I guess for me it's really not that big of a deal I have a machine to get around it just Sux for all the walkers. also really going to suck that all the public access will be filled up with trucks and trailers instead of just trucks taking up even more room for already limited parking. Oh well glad I have a wheeler and sled to heck with everyone else...rite. Who cares as long as I can go fish

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.