New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1346978 times)

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #5970 on: Feb 03, 2016, 07:40 AM »
Exactly. I think smokinss forgets this is an icefiahing site. Go over to my fish finder then and talk about ur open water wishes.

::) ::)

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #5971 on: Feb 03, 2016, 07:55 AM »
I dunno, there ain't much better in the fishing world than jigging up aggressive lake trout through the ice...I'm praying for cold, as unlikely as it may seem right now.   You can have your bass boat 9 months out of the year, give me my ice.

Offline IcefisherSteve

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5972 on: Feb 03, 2016, 07:55 AM »
::) ::)
roll your eyes all you want. This is an ICEFISHING site filled with guys that LOVE TO ICE FISH. Of course guys don't want to read ur several post about praying and wishing open water right now. Guys have a lot of money invested in this sport and it has been a tough year with ice already. Maybe just keep all your open water wishes to yourself or post them on MFF. I mean c'mon really. Of course guys don't want to read about your dreams and wishes of no ice on an ice fishing site.

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5973 on: Feb 03, 2016, 08:01 AM »
roll your eyes all you want. This is an ICEFISHING site filled with guys that LOVE TO ICE FISH. Of course guys don't want to read ur several post about praying and wishing open water right now. Guys have a lot of money invested in this sport and it has been a tough year with ice already. Maybe just keep all your open water wishes to yourself or post them on MFF. I mean c'mon really. Of course guys don't want to read about your dreams and wishes of no ice on an ice fishing site.

Your acting like my dreams and wishes actually will change the weather...guess what? They don't, whether I want open water, or ice, big momma weather is going to do whatever she wants and as of right now looking at the weather forecast, ice making doesn't look good....tons of money invested in this sport? Really? I guess guys don't invest money in open water as well? There are two sides to this fence.

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5974 on: Feb 03, 2016, 08:02 AM »
I dunno, there ain't much better in the fishing world than jigging up aggressive lake trout through the ice...I'm praying for cold, as unlikely as it may seem right now.   You can have your bass boat 9 months out of the year, give me my ice.

Hey, like I said to Steve...I have no control over the ice.

Offline IcefisherSteve

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5975 on: Feb 03, 2016, 08:11 AM »
Your acting like my dreams and wishes actually will change the weather...guess what? They don't, whether I want open water, or ice, big momma weather is going to do whatever she wants and as of right now looking at the weather forecast, ice making doesn't look good....tons of money invested in this sport? Really? I guess guys don't invest money in open water as well? There are two sides to this fence.
Dude this is an icefishing site. That's what you're not getting.  If you don't want to talk about ice fishing then go to My fish finder and talk about open water and your bass boat there. Never said you control the weather, just saying guys don't want to read your post about wishing the ice away so you can use your boat. Guys want to use their new ice fishing equipment. You had all spring and summer and fall to your use your gear. We have like 2 months to use our ice fishing gear and it will be even less this year. Why can't you understand that?

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5976 on: Feb 03, 2016, 08:20 AM »
I get it guy

Offline KJ8

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5977 on: Feb 03, 2016, 10:45 AM »
Dude this is an icefishing site. That's what you're not getting.  If you don't want to talk about ice fishing then go to My fish finder and talk about open water and your bass boat there. Never said you control the weather, just saying guys don't want to read your post about wishing the ice away so you can use your boat. Guys want to use their new ice fishing equipment. You had all spring and summer and fall to your use your gear. We have like 2 months to use our ice fishing gear and it will be even less this year. Why can't you understand that?

LOL....X2

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5978 on: Feb 03, 2016, 11:28 AM »
Bill Kardas, meteorologist for WKTV
Punxsutawney Phil says an early spring, but the meteorologist says not so fast! The middle of February looks below average for CNY.

(Image removed from quote.)

Offline slipbob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Friends don't let friends use tipups!
« Reply #5979 on: Feb 03, 2016, 11:47 AM »
Bill Kardas, meteorologist for WKTV

I'm also hopeful Lance but that red winged blackbird at my bird feeder this morning was not a good sign :blink:

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5980 on: Feb 03, 2016, 12:39 PM »
I'm also hopeful Lance but that red winged blackbird at my bird feeder this morning was not a good sign :blink:

If things don't freeze back up, there's gonna be an awful lot of walleye dinners around mid-march.

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5981 on: Feb 03, 2016, 03:33 PM »

Truer words were never spoken  ;D. Although trolling with jimmy in Florida in 97 degree heat is badass too  @)

He is taking my 19 year old kid out tomorrow
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #5982 on: Feb 03, 2016, 03:41 PM »
Idk what's going on this year maybe the perch are also mad there's no ice on LG,fished 2 of my favorite honey holes yesterday out of the boat and did not land a perch not even a bite

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5983 on: Feb 03, 2016, 04:19 PM »
Isn't the average temperature in mid February still in the 30s?

Offline desmobob

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I can't feel my toes...
« Reply #5984 on: Feb 03, 2016, 04:29 PM »
Isn't the average temperature in mid February still in the 30s?

Sort of...  Mid-February is where the average daytime highs start rising above freezing.

Tight lines,
Bob

Offline hairbone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5985 on: Feb 03, 2016, 10:03 PM »
Idk what's going on this year maybe the perch are also mad there's no ice on LG,fished 2 of my favorite honey holes yesterday out of the boat and did not land a perch not even a bite

I bet the perch are shallow compared to what you fished.  Caught many heavy female perch in 10 feet of water last Saturday on brant.  I think the perch are all messed up thinking it is time to pre spawn.

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #5986 on: Feb 04, 2016, 06:21 AM »
I bet the perch are shallow compared to what you fished.  Caught many heavy female perch in 10 feet of water last Saturday on brant.  I think the perch are all messed up thinking it is time to pre spawn.
I moved around looking for them tried all depths.didn't help I forgot my finder

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #5987 on: Feb 04, 2016, 06:23 AM »
Weather man just said that NEXT weekend we will be seeing the coldest air we have seen this entire winter.....there's still hope bigred

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5988 on: Feb 04, 2016, 08:13 AM »
Weather man just said that NEXT weekend we will be seeing the coldest air we have seen this entire winter.....there's still hope bigred

fingers & toes crossed  :thumbsup:

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5989 on: Feb 04, 2016, 08:39 AM »

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5990 on: Feb 04, 2016, 09:09 AM »
WOW, the ice held up great on Round Lake!!!!   Thats awesome!!

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5992 on: Feb 04, 2016, 09:26 AM »

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5993 on: Feb 04, 2016, 09:39 AM »

Lol all along the shores all the way down its like Swiss cheese. You couldn't pay me to walk out there right now

Offline slipbob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Friends don't let friends use tipups!
« Reply #5994 on: Feb 04, 2016, 09:55 AM »

Round Lake?  I thought that was the new million dollar beach launch since this is a Lake George thread with a whole lot of BS ;D 

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5995 on: Feb 04, 2016, 10:16 AM »
Lol all along the shores all the way down its like Swiss cheese. You couldn't pay me to walk out there right now

one night below freezing and thats all solid again

Round Lake?  I thought that was the new million dollar beach launch since this is a Lake George thread with a whole lot of BS ;D

;D @)

Offline Fish-N-Adventures

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
« Reply #5996 on: Feb 04, 2016, 09:05 PM »
LOL, not Million Dollar beach launch... not dock on the waters edge at MDB.
I was up there last Sunday and there was 1 truck & trailer in the parking lot. It was a nice (no wind) day, that guy out in the boat should of had a good day on the water?

Offline Neil McCauley

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5997 on: Feb 05, 2016, 06:01 PM »
3 nights in single digits and 1 in negatives next weekend  :woot:
....and 9-15mph winds the whole time  :%$#!:

Lake is cold enough, we just can't get a calm night that's not 45 degrees.

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5998 on: Feb 05, 2016, 06:18 PM »
The problem is 3 cold nights with those winds are not going to make SAFE ice on lake George. I would hate to see people start going through the ice if it does lock up because people are so desperate to get on the king this season. The lake will not be safe this year at this point unless we get some micale 2 weeks of straight blistering cold with no wind....the water temperatures in the main lake are still hovering right around 40*.... So you can count one of those cold nights next week just to lower the water temperatures before it even freezes.... I know it sucks, but it's the truth.

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5999 on: Feb 05, 2016, 07:08 PM »
I'll be happy with just the bays.
I love clipboard man

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.