New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1346977 times)

JJ

Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #4200 on: Jan 12, 2015, 06:39 PM »
Tuesday night's forecast is looking good, 12 below with light winds, the magic combination we didn't get last week.

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4201 on: Jan 12, 2015, 06:46 PM »
I just got done looking at that my self jj. Also hammered down at work today and if I pull one more will gladly give my self Thursday off. Going on my own is starting to have some serious benefits.

Offline kingfisher22

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4202 on: Jan 12, 2015, 07:25 PM »
That's a serious pike!  Nice fish.

Offline ADK11

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4203 on: Jan 12, 2015, 07:31 PM »
How long can i expect Still Bay to freeze up before i take a trip down there to find no ice?
Loving the Adirondacks.

Offline pa ice swimmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4204 on: Jan 12, 2015, 07:34 PM »
Looks like country cottages isn't going to be open this winter, looking for other places to stay, recommendations?

Offline bird21s

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4205 on: Jan 12, 2015, 08:48 PM »
I saw the same to guys out there also  :cookoo:nothing like pushing it.its not worth it.you put other lives at risk not just your own.there was open water out in front of them.lets be safe out there.tc5 :icefish:

I sense a little jealousy, do you know how much ice there was? Could have been 4 inches. They also might have caught a few lakers. Quick to judge another persons choices. I'm willing to bet one of them Guys had a spud bar and stopped just shy of where the ice transitions to 1/2 inch.  Someone always complains about the first guys on ice, not realizing it has to start with some one. The so called other peoples lives that are at risk, them people made a choice to be in that position. And I am grateful for them. With the whole cookoo comment all I can say is. Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones!!!

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #4206 on: Jan 12, 2015, 09:10 PM »
Yup.    Someone has to go out first      usually me  ;)
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline bird21s

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4207 on: Jan 12, 2015, 09:36 PM »
Yup.    Someone has to go out first      usually me  ;)

Sometimes guys wanna test there new float suits, and ice pics. They have a right too,  ;D

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4208 on: Jan 12, 2015, 09:40 PM »
I sense a little jealousy, do you know how much ice there was? Could have been 4 inches. They also might have caught a few lakers. Quick to judge another persons choices. I'm willing to bet one of them Guys had a spud bar and stopped just shy of where the ice transitions to 1/2 inch.  Someone always complains about the first guys on ice, not realizing it has to start with some one. The so called other peoples lives that are at risk, them people made a choice to be in that position. And I am grateful for them. With the whole cookoo comment all I can say is. Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones!!!

And before you know it someone will see 3 guys in the distance on fresh ice catching a bunch of lakers, and drill holes 20 feet away!  ;D
I love clipboard man

Offline bigfish1212

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4209 on: Jan 12, 2015, 10:24 PM »
Generally once I start seeing some people I know I am within a week for my comfort, but more the power to them.

Offline TC5

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4210 on: Jan 12, 2015, 11:45 PM »
so I guess your saying that people who go out  on thin ice should not complain about how cold or how deep the water is.we all make are own hell but you shouldn't bring others with us.its not who gets on first its we all make it off.first ice is great.i like catching them not swimming with them.please be safe out there.and john cant wait to see you guys out there.and drill holes 10 feet so we can talk.tc5 :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

Offline bird21s

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4211 on: Jan 13, 2015, 08:18 AM »
Generally once I start seeing some people I know I am within a week for my comfort, but more the power to them.

Shouldn't be too long. After Wednesday she should have a good layer to help build more.

so I guess your saying that people who go out  on thin ice should not complain about how cold or how deep the water is.we all make are own hell but you shouldn't bring others with us.its not who gets on first its we all make it off.first ice is great.i like catching them not swimming with them.please be safe out there.and john cant wait to see you guys out there.and drill holes 10 feet so we can talk.tc5 :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

Anyways,  sure we will see you out there in a month tc5 should have a solid 14 inches for you.  Hope you get "them to go" where ever you chase them to.

Offline shakedownstreet

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4212 on: Jan 13, 2015, 10:11 AM »
I go by the message my friend Randy gave me when I first started ice fishing about 15 years ago. I'll never be the first one on the ice and I'll never be the last one off.
"Talk about your plenty, talk about your ills,
One man gathers what another man spills."

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #4213 on: Jan 13, 2015, 10:50 AM »
I go by the message my friend Randy gave me when I first started ice fishing about 15 years ago. I'll never be the first one on the ice and I'll never be the last one off.

I made the mistake of being the last one off many years ago down at MDB. I had to jump in the water and wade 15 to shore back and forth to get my stuff off the ice. Never again.  ;D
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline Mentiply

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4214 on: Jan 13, 2015, 02:16 PM »
Winds are suppose to calm down tonight and it is going to be cold, fingers crossed for some good ice formation!

Offline reddog11

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lunker Lewie is the son of Adirondack Lew.
« Reply #4215 on: Jan 13, 2015, 02:35 PM »
I'm going to Harris bay Thursday with a few buddies for some perch. Can't wait anymore.
Master Laker taker.

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4216 on: Jan 13, 2015, 03:59 PM »
tonight is calling for -12 with no winds. Tomorrow night is -2 with no winds.

Hoping most the lake locks up!

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4217 on: Jan 13, 2015, 04:01 PM »
Ill be one of those crazies walking around on lake George Thursday or Friday. I have a spud, I have no fear, and I have the days off. Might juts hit Oneida Thursday, George Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

JJ

« Reply #4218 on: Jan 13, 2015, 04:03 PM »
Steaming good today but with whitecaps, wind already dying down.

Basin:

Bixby:

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #4219 on: Jan 13, 2015, 04:19 PM »
I'm usually first on last off     sorry but I want to make sure everyone is safe.    You never know how the ice is.   I have been on lakes that have great ice and hit a spring ( toga, oneida, george)    if you don't like thin ice and need a lot well that's your thing as for saying you are putting others in jeopardy.    That's ignorant     TC5.    We will tell you when you can drive on George so it's safe enough for you.   
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4220 on: Jan 13, 2015, 04:43 PM »
I love being the first one to hit the ice. I love being the only one on the ice. There's something about walking out there and looking around as the light breaks and not seeing a single person, or hearing a single sound. I love that. As for all these people saying your putting others lives at risk. People really have to stop saying that, and its not just you tc5 so please don't think Im attacking you. I see it on this site all the time. Are there people who put their lives at risk to save others, yes, and Im thankful for every day they put the uniform on. But remember, they put a uniform on, its their job. A job they chose and probably love. If it were not for those people doing the things we love would be much more dangerous I suppose but in no way are we as ice fisherman doing something wrong by going out on the ice. Early, late, in between, it doesn't matter. As long as you take precautions and be as safe as you can be while doing it its your right to do it.  Its my right. And I will exercise that right as many times as I can. ;D

Offline run320083

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4221 on: Jan 13, 2015, 04:47 PM »
well said. I will most likely be one of the crazy ones out Friday as well since i have it off.

Offline bird21s

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4222 on: Jan 13, 2015, 05:37 PM »
I love being the first one to hit the ice. I love being the only one on the ice. There's something about walking out there and looking around as the light breaks and not seeing a single person, or hearing a single sound. I love that. As for all these people saying your putting others lives at risk. People really have to stop saying that, and its not just you tc5 so please don't think Im attacking you. I see it on this site all the time. Are there people who put their lives at risk to save others, yes, and Im thankful for every day they put the uniform on. But remember, they put a uniform on, its their job. A job they chose and probably love. If it were not for those people doing the things we love would be much more dangerous I suppose but in no way are we as ice fisherman doing something wrong by going out on the ice. Early, late, in between, it doesn't matter. As long as you take precautions and be as safe as you can be while doing it its your right to do it.  Its my right. And I will exercise that right as many times as I can. ;D

You got it man!!! 

Offline Deandog12

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4223 on: Jan 13, 2015, 07:07 PM »
How much ice is on Harris bay and where can I park? I usually fish the west side but saw nothing safe from cotton/huddle bay south. Going up Thursday. Thanks

Offline reddog11

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lunker Lewie is the son of Adirondack Lew.
« Reply #4224 on: Jan 13, 2015, 07:43 PM »
I agree. First ice is great.
Master Laker taker.

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4225 on: Jan 13, 2015, 07:55 PM »
Ill be one of those crazies walking around on lake George Thursday or Friday. I have a spud, I have no fear, and I have the days off. Might juts hit Oneida Thursday, George Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

I want to get out sunday as well. If you want a buddy, let me know. Lakers or perch, I dont care.

Offline desmobob

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I can't feel my toes...
« Reply #4226 on: Jan 13, 2015, 07:59 PM »
I took a ride over to Hulett's Landing after work today.  Pickerel Bay (the bay the Washington County Beach is in) is frozen well, but only out to the mouth; not out to where most folks fish perch.

I guess it's going to be a while longer before I get out on the northern part of the lake....

Tight lines,
Bob

Offline fishyfishes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4227 on: Jan 13, 2015, 08:01 PM »
Maybe I'm wrong, but Id rather have someone with me that way if somebody went threw someone is there to help the other out. Like I said, maybe I'm wrong. ??? I'm scetchy when it come to thin ice and if I don't think its safe I won't go out. If the ice isnt 4 inches no thanks. I've been out on less than 3 and almost went threw in deep water. That has made me think twice.

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4228 on: Jan 13, 2015, 08:06 PM »
a few years ago my parents were up at the winter carnival in lake george and a guy on a brand new arctic cat snowmobile, with his young son, wasnt paying attention and he went through the ice. Everyone stood by and watched them try to get out, as no one knew what to do, or had a rope..and was even scared to get close to the break.

My father ran and dove in the water. Saved the man and boys life. The guy was so grateful, he wanted to give my father his brand new sled (even tho it was in the bottom of the lake). My father declined. This was the 2nd time he has saved people who do not pay attention through the ice.

That being said, he was the one who got me into fishing. He had me out on saratoga lake, when I was 2 years old. Taught me very well with ice. However, it still gives me chill's going out the first time of the year.

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4229 on: Jan 13, 2015, 08:19 PM »
ill let you know bud, im gonna see how things go the rest of the week. If the walleye are on at Oneida Thursday, and my laker spots are a no go on lake George I might go west again. But I might go wan some perch action too. man its tough. ill definitely let you know where I go the more the merrier.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.