New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1346973 times)

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #2820 on: Feb 04, 2014, 02:57 AM »
Congratulations to all you guys/gals on your PB's and double digit days....awesome!  :thumbsup:

Offline wec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2821 on: Feb 04, 2014, 03:07 AM »
I was fortunate enough today to meet and fish with a great group of guys.Jager,WEC,BCShanty,Anthony, and Butch.Had a blast and we caught a few fish!Hope to do it again sometime soon.Thanks again Mike for the invite.Here is a pic of my new personal best laker caught on a jig rod.10.5 lbs!

Great fishing with you EJ, have to do it again.  What a beautiful fat laker.

Offline baitbox

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2822 on: Feb 04, 2014, 04:23 AM »
Thanks again everyone for the kind words.Headed out now to try it all over again.Tight lines everyone :tipup:

Offline adktony

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2823 on: Feb 04, 2014, 04:37 AM »
Fontana big red baitbox... all nice fish. really regretting not fishing sunday. watching tipups all day made for a long but short day. Thinking about hitting up the lakers after work today gonna try to be on the ice by 1 if anyone wants to meet up

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2824 on: Feb 04, 2014, 06:14 AM »
Nice Fish EJ!
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!
All That Is Needed For Evil To Succeed Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!
Life is Tough, Its even tougher if you're Stupid!!

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2825 on: Feb 04, 2014, 06:16 AM »
That's a great  laker.....    Congratulations...
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Fidlerontheice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2826 on: Feb 04, 2014, 06:48 AM »
Awesome fish man congrats!
!!FLAG!!

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #2827 on: Feb 04, 2014, 07:47 AM »
Here is a pic of my new personal best laker caught on a jig rod.10.5 lbs!

that is such a hog!!  You get a length on that pig?   Nice fish!  Must have put up one hell of a good fight!

Offline iceman123

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2828 on: Feb 04, 2014, 09:36 AM »
how the ice and fishing up at Lake george so far this year

Offline sanfordnson

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2829 on: Feb 04, 2014, 09:40 AM »
I have to believe step2jimi I to have caught big numbers jigging. My buddy who is gone now have caught 60 to 70 trout jigging. Just have to be in the right spot at the right time. Also just before a storm.

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2830 on: Feb 04, 2014, 11:24 AM »
B aitbox that's a jeck of a fish. Congrats. Really hard to be at work today.

Offline slipbob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Friends don't let friends use tipups!
« Reply #2831 on: Feb 04, 2014, 11:34 AM »
Sitting here at work thinking that if I had to pick one day out of the last 2 weeks to jig lakers, today would be the day :tipup:  North/west wind and sunny usually means EPIC trout bite ;)  The low pressure, cloudy day, south wind fishing has been pretty lame compared to what it could be on a day like today :tipup:

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #2832 on: Feb 04, 2014, 11:36 AM »
Sitting here at work thinking that if I had to pick one day out of the last 2 weeks to jig lakers, today would be the day :tipup:  North/west wind and sunny usually means EPIC trout bite ;)  The low pressure, cloudy day, south wind fishing has been pretty lame compared to what it could be on a day like today :tipup:

you ain't kidding.  I haven't even been out there yet for a north/northwest wind day.   and now we are getting snow.   There's some good news  :-\

Offline Mayne, J

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2833 on: Feb 04, 2014, 11:44 AM »
Deff believe the numbers the guys with electronics put up i fish blinde an my worst day was5 best12.                  AWSOME FISH, Baitbox,

Offline slipbob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Friends don't let friends use tipups!
« Reply #2834 on: Feb 04, 2014, 11:54 AM »
you ain't kidding.  I haven't even been out there yet for a north/northwest wind day.   and now we are getting snow.   There's some good news  :-\

I know you were thinking the same thing ;D  Snow means it's time to bust out the snowmobile and I can actually get to some places much faster than I could on the quad with the glare ice so it's not all bad. 

Offline 5watchman5

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Whose idea was this anyway?
« Reply #2835 on: Feb 04, 2014, 12:36 PM »
 I had 8 hookups yesterday and iced 5 Lakers.  Chose not to go out today but I'm thinking with the rising barometer and the coming storm it should have been a hot bite.  The only tip I can add to the recent posts on this thread is to keep moving.  Yes, Lakers cover a lot of territory but it seems my hookups increased yesterday as I moved around.  Nothing like a fresh presentation.  Just my two cents. 

Offline 5watchman5

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Whose idea was this anyway?
« Reply #2836 on: Feb 04, 2014, 01:08 PM »
I thought i would also add, i went out at 7:45 because my usual access did not have good ice so it took me a while to get out on the ice.. fished from 7:45-11:30.. going back out now.. Hopefully i have a different story to tell tonight... On bright side, I Did meet a nice fella Terry today from TIconderoga.  :tipup: :'(
Just want to encourage you.  Sounds like you did a lot of things right.  Some days are just tough.  Also, don't get discouraged about no electronics.  Sure, they are great but not entirely necessary for Lakers.  When the bite is hot, they will attack.  As for the water column, it's great that you are working the column.  Lakers suspend and can be anywhere.  HOWEVER, they tend to congregate on the bottom.  I would concentrate on the bottom and don't be afraid to jig as high as 10-25 foot off the bottom.  They have amazing eyesight, and if they want it, they will come and get it.  Hope this helps. 

Offline bluemountainlaker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my fish was bigger than yours
« Reply #2837 on: Feb 04, 2014, 01:26 PM »
my brother hit 4 and lost 3 in 3 hours this morning. didn't mark a ton but the ones he did mark where very aggressive. fished of pk with a silver buckshot. also got a few bites on a jighead  with a white plastic minnow.

Offline Tupper Lumberjack

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2838 on: Feb 04, 2014, 02:21 PM »
Made it over from stripers 24/7 finally getting back into ice fishing on the King. I recognize some of you fishing fools bigred, fontona, step. Just saying high to everyone.

Offline Reel_Force

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2839 on: Feb 04, 2014, 02:58 PM »
Welcome to the site !

Offline mikerudy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Laker Taker
« Reply #2840 on: Feb 04, 2014, 03:17 PM »
Made it over from stripers 24/7 finally getting back into ice fishing on the King. I recognize some of you fishing fools bigred, fontona, step. Just saying high to everyone.
Welcome to Ice Shanty! :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

Mike
Dream Catcher

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2841 on: Feb 04, 2014, 03:44 PM »

Welcome to the site...  There are also two sister sites....
Open water fishing..
  http://www.myfishfinder.com/   
And Hunting... 
   http://www.myhuntingforum.com/   
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Icepro4723

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2842 on: Feb 04, 2014, 04:36 PM »
Wonding  how the fishing is off silver bay?

Offline baitbox

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2843 on: Feb 04, 2014, 05:00 PM »
that is such a hog!!  You get a length on that pig?   Nice fish!  Must have put up one hell of a good fight!
No measurement BigRed.I didn't have a tape close by and after a quick pic or 2 we weighed it on Mike's scale and released it for someone elses enjoyment!The fight wasn't what I expected.Thought it was much smaller till I saw it  ;D...

Offline Barebow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Always fishing for something!
« Reply #2844 on: Feb 04, 2014, 05:21 PM »
Tupper Lumberjack,  Welcome to IS, pull up a bucket and drop a line....Tight Lines.......Barebow
 :icefish: :thumbsup:

Offline mnt fisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2845 on: Feb 04, 2014, 05:26 PM »
how the ice and fishing up at Lake george so far this year
Look around dude, all the info is here.

Offline chuckrudy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2846 on: Feb 04, 2014, 05:31 PM »
welcome aboard.

Offline carpy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2847 on: Feb 04, 2014, 06:37 PM »
Went out off vets to tongue mt this am and then into northwest bay. Marked quite a few fish, iced 3 shorts and lost 5 others. Couldnt get them to commit. Still a good day to be out. :tipup: :tipup:

Offline baitbox

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2848 on: Feb 04, 2014, 06:51 PM »
We fished south of Hearthstone today and didn't catch a thing.Marked very few fish.Drilled alot of holes and kept moving but no takers.Hope tomorrow is more productive!

Offline Eagle Ed

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • [img]http://i58tinypic.com/2n/c5jc.png[/img]
« Reply #2849 on: Feb 04, 2014, 07:32 PM »
Eagle Crag and I fished PK most of the day and only got one laker each.  Saw fish on the Marcum, but not many takers.  I got my laker in 30' of water using the smallest perch type jigging rapala I had.  Eagle Crag got his laker on a bronze Swedish Pimple that was also very small.  Great day to be on the ice with very little wind, plenty of sun, no snowmobiles/4 wheelers (due to slick ice all over) and plenty of relaxation.
Would like to know who the guy was that followed us out on the ice this morning as Eagle Crag's Marcum fell off his sled.  When we realized the Marcum wasn't in the sled Eagle Crag returned to the shoreline and there was the Marcum lying on the ice.  The next guy after us must have seen it and left it for us to pick it up.  Always nice to have a wonderful experience like this on the ice.

Eagle Ed

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.