New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1346971 times)

Offline TC5

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #1980 on: Jan 18, 2014, 03:58 AM »
Back on the ice in the am.Tough yesterday lots of fish with lock jaw.had a bunch hooked but none on the ice.3 to 4 in of hard ice and should of made more last night it's 3 out this am on the glen creek.Can see open water where we were fishing. ;)

Offline rlewis6987

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1981 on: Jan 18, 2014, 04:55 AM »
There were quads out where I was last weekend. I thought they were nuts, but they were there.
x2     I was a shocked to see them too!
Be safe and Tight lines!!

Offline TC5

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1982 on: Jan 18, 2014, 02:52 PM »
Just came off the lake omg the fish were gone.The day before lots.Drilled many holes no trout.The lake was making ice most of the am.Looks like some nice cold wether coming in this week should lock the rest of the lake. :)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #1983 on: Jan 18, 2014, 04:23 PM »

I was driving by Hearthstone around 11 am and there was an ambulance at the entrance of the park with it emergency lights on. Did anyone here what happened? There were a few out fishing that I could see from 9N. 

Offline TC5

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1984 on: Jan 18, 2014, 04:44 PM »
An older gentlemen had a heat attic out on the ice this am.Hope he all right. :(

Offline mikerudy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Laker Taker
« Reply #1985 on: Jan 18, 2014, 04:45 PM »
I was part of the team out there today. Please keep my brother Chuckrudy in your thougths and prayers he had a heart attack out on the ice.  We got him off with a lot of help and thank you guys for everything. He is in stable condition now, but was touch and go for awhile on the ride and at Glens Falls hospital. Say a Prayer :angel :angel :angel

Mike
Dream Catcher

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #1986 on: Jan 18, 2014, 04:53 PM »
i wish the best for your brother

Offline MikeVT

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1987 on: Jan 18, 2014, 05:17 PM »
Hope your brother is ok.  Did anyone fish the northern end today?  Wondering about Huletts or Blairs Bay.  If not I'll probably hit Hearthstone.
A bent rod is a good rod!

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1988 on: Jan 18, 2014, 05:21 PM »
OMG Mike, that's just awfu.  So sorry to hear but glad that he's being cared for.  Will keep him in my thoughts and all the best to him for a speedy recovery!

Mike

Offline icedpapermouth

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1989 on: Jan 18, 2014, 05:32 PM »
Oh man that's scary business. Thoughts and prayers to your brother on a full and speedy recovery.

Offline bluemountainlaker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my fish was bigger than yours
« Reply #1990 on: Jan 18, 2014, 05:56 PM »
hows the ice out to aulst fathers . I need to get out and clear my mind for a few hours!

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1991 on: Jan 18, 2014, 06:05 PM »
prayers go out to him and I hope he has a full recovery.

Me and my buddy parked at MDB today. We covered a insane amount of water.  We fished all the way to almost dark bay...We fished it all inbetween on the way out, and on the way back. We worked out asses off today, and didnt have a single hit between either of us. We covered everything from 50-120ft of water. Nothing. Zip. Not a single hit.

I did lower down my gopro in the water to 100ft on the bottom and set it infront of my jig. I must say it was rather depressing seeing all the white bellys of lakers swimming by the camera like my jig isnt even there.

Offline icedpapermouth

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1992 on: Jan 18, 2014, 06:11 PM »
prayers go out to him and I hope he has a full recovery.

Me and my buddy parked at MDB today. We covered a insane amount of water.  We fished all the way to almost dark bay...We fished it all inbetween on the way out, and on the way back. We worked out asses off today, and didnt have a single hit between either of us. We covered everything from 50-120ft of water. Nothing. Zip. Not a single hit.

I did lower down my gopro in the water to 100ft on the bottom and set it infront of my jig. I must say it was rather depressing seeing all the white bellys of lakers swimming by the camera like my jig isnt even there.

That lke is weird like that. I've had it happen on the ice and from the boat when going for bass. you can park a minnow on their nose and nothing.

Offline mikerudy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Laker Taker
« Reply #1993 on: Jan 18, 2014, 06:15 PM »
Thanks guys for your prayers and kind words :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

Mike
Dream Catcher

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1994 on: Jan 18, 2014, 06:28 PM »
Took two friends out today for their first time ice fishing on the King! We also went out from MDB and went about as far as Paulist Fathers topping out at about 110 FOW.  My friends iced their first lakers ever while jigging and had a ball jigging and listening to Dirty Country music courtesy of David Allen Coe! Needles to say they have been ruined and I'll be expecting hate mail from their Wives in the coming week! LOL!

Great job guys!
MK

JoJo

Anthony

And, you know!

Offline mikerudy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Laker Taker
« Reply #1995 on: Jan 18, 2014, 06:33 PM »
Nice looking fish guys :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

Mike
Dream Catcher

Offline PaleoPerch24

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1996 on: Jan 18, 2014, 07:12 PM »
Anyone get out from the marina for harris? Hows the ice?

Offline ice tripper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • ice tripping all over the capital region for 30yrs
« Reply #1997 on: Jan 18, 2014, 07:18 PM »
Awesome pics jager.

Offline lakerdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1998 on: Jan 18, 2014, 07:21 PM »
Nice pics Jagger

Offline oglenforfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FISH ON!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1999 on: Jan 18, 2014, 07:34 PM »
Fished Harris today and had a great day with a tone of flags. BUT what got to me was... This guy walked up to us and asked how we were doing and all an then yelled "Come on guys" and continued walking. 5min later his two 5 year olds and one dragging a sled came up and asked use where there daddy was. WELL daddy was a good Half MILE away up the bay. We pointed him out and told them to walk strait. The ice was about 5.5" every where but really bud! What if they fell in?  What if one guy was messed up big time and took them! Really man how can you just leave your son and dauter behind like that??? Some people! Was going to talk with him but we had to leave before they headed back. Can you guys believe this guy just leaving them behind like that???

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2000 on: Jan 18, 2014, 08:23 PM »
Thanks Ice Tripper and Laker Dave! Couldn't let you guys have all the fun!  ;D

Mike

Offline icedpapermouth

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2001 on: Jan 18, 2014, 08:45 PM »
Fished Harris today and had a great day with a tone of flags. BUT what got to me was... This guy walked up to us and asked how we were doing and all an then yelled "Come on guys" and continued walking. 5min later his two 5 year olds and one dragging a sled came up and asked use where there daddy was. WELL daddy was a good Half MILE away up the bay. We pointed him out and told them to walk strait. The ice was about 5.5" every where but really bud! What if they fell in?  What if one guy was messed up big time and took them! Really man how can you just leave your son and dauter behind like that??? Some people! Was going to talk with him but we had to leave before they headed back. Can you guys believe this guy just leaving them behind like that???

Father of the year right there.

Offline LastCast69

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2002 on: Jan 18, 2014, 09:34 PM »
Had a few real good days last week, me and a buddy jigged about 30

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2003 on: Jan 19, 2014, 06:32 AM »
Thanks guys for your prayers and kind words :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

Mike
               Mike, my prayers go out to your brother, and am glad that he is stable. We as ice fishermen are always concerned about our brother fishermen no matter what the emergency is. 

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2004 on: Jan 19, 2014, 06:43 AM »
Took two friends out today for their first time ice fishing on the King! We also went out from MDB and went about as far as Paulist Fathers topping out at about 110 FOW.  My friends iced their first lakers ever while jigging and had a ball jigging and listening to Dirty Country music courtesy of David Allen Coe! Needles to say they have been ruined and I'll be expecting hate mail from their Wives in the coming week! LOL!

Great job guys!
MK

JoJo
         Mike, that's great you were able to get them some fish, once someone lands there 1st Laker, there hooked for life. No pun intended. Did you walk or ride up to Paulist Fathers, that place seems to be the hot spot until our favorite spots tighten up.

Anthony

And, you know!

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2005 on: Jan 19, 2014, 07:03 AM »
Nice fish Mike....  And DAC music is the best...   @)
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2006 on: Jan 19, 2014, 07:25 AM »
Father of the year right there.
Stupid is as stupid does!!!
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!
All That Is Needed For Evil To Succeed Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!
Life is Tough, Its even tougher if you're Stupid!!

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2007 on: Jan 19, 2014, 07:27 AM »
nice fish guys!
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2008 on: Jan 19, 2014, 07:29 AM »
I was part of the team out there today. Please keep my brother Chuckrudy in your thougths and prayers he had a heart attack out on the ice.  We got him off with a lot of help and thank you guys for everything. He is in stable condition now, but was touch and go for awhile on the ride and at Glens Falls hospital. Say a Prayer :angel :angel :angel

Mike
Hope all is well with your brother, there's still a lot of season left for him. ;D

Offline mikerudy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Laker Taker
« Reply #2009 on: Jan 19, 2014, 07:45 AM »
Hope all is well with your brother, there's still a lot of season left for him. ;D
The season will go on, just delayed for awhile. We'll get him healed up and back on the ICE! :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

Mike
Dream Catcher

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.