Author Topic: Camofish's Ice Adventures (3/10/06-Camo on the ice - bottom of p.15)  (Read 34149 times)

Offline Chainsaw

• Team IceShanty Addict
        It's difficult to find more fun. The huddled masses at home with the tube wonder how we do it on a near zero day. Let's not tell 'em. ;D ;D ;D

All I can really say guys is; Thanks fer the invite.

Uh oh. Haven't unloaded the car yet. I gotta change the fuel in the auger before I go out again. I gotta meet Son-in-Law at the Broadalbin boat launch at 9:00AM today,(it is Friday aint it?).
All folks follow Chainsaws first law of diminishing enthusiasm, "Ya just hafta want to do some things more than others."

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Beauty bucketmouths Camo!!.......... I save them for the slop ;) Great day on the ice for sure..

-Andrew
Andrew

camo_fish

Started out this morning putting little Jr. on the bus, then throw all the ice gear in the truck, stop at the bait shop for a few minnows,  :-\ that I didn't use.
I started out on Round lake this morning in the thick fog  :-[ forgot the gps, so I headed along the side over to the basis.  :-\ Just a few sniffers, no takers, so I headed in to the edge of the weekline, nothing.  :-\
So, I had 15 mins. left, so I walked in close to shore, chisel'd out an old hole, dropped the vex in and 3 FOW. So I took it out, looking in the hole drop down my jig, BLAM-O, caught a little perch up in 3-4 FOW.  :o  At least not a skunk'in.  ;)
So I headed home to dry out stuff for afternoon adventure.  ;D
Got, Jr. off the bus and ate lunch, hit the bait store and down the road we went.  8)
Got to the spot and put all 9 tipups in the water, nothing, after dropping the last tipup, I saw stuff on the sonar.  ;) So I drilled a few more holes around this one and ended up getting a little pumkinseed.  ;D

But, no and behold a flag  :tipup: goes up.  ;D So I got there and the spool is turning pretty good, so I told Jr. to get ready. I took out the tipup and with the line sliding thru my fingers, a little love pull back and, "Take it, it's a nice one, bud." I hand the line over to JR.  :clap:

We got this nice 19" chain pickerel.  :thumbsup: And back down the hole.
So, a few more flags  :tipup: and drops, then finally  :tipup: and a spinning spool.  :clap:
Jr. ends up with a nice little 17" pickerel.  :thumbsup:

While dad is moving and jig with nothing but sniffers.  :-\ A few more flags  :tipup: and drops, oh well, the name of the game, flag, run, prey for fish.  ;)
So with the last flag  :tipup: and fish, Jr. pulled up this nice little perch to end the day.  :clap:

With a change of dry clothes in the truck and a stop by McD's on the way home, then bed. We had another great day on the ice, Camo and Camo Jr.  ;D
Fish On!

Offline Sax_

• Team IceShanty Regular
Glad to see the little guy catching some fish  :thumbsup: nice pics
Sax

Offline dwaytkus

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If she loves you, she will clean them!
Great pics Camo and glad to see you got back out with the little guy.   ;D

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
NIce I think JR outfishes SR every outing :) whens junior gonan get his own camo outfit?
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
looks like you guys had a blast :thumbsup:

Offline Deposit

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm ready for some ice now!!!
WTG JR, Nice job Dad!!
"How like fish we are: ready, nay eager, to seize upon whatever new thing some wind of circumstance shakes down upon the river of time! And how we rue our haste, finding the gilded morsel to contain a hook"

bonkfan14

wtg :thumbsup: i can see that there is a future in the ARMY ::) ::) ::)for that little guy ;D love seeing kids catching fish...keep em coming camo...zeke

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
Pickerel are the best fish to go for with the young ones. You get lots of flags and the fish are absolutely huge to them. Great pics!
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline Hood

• Team IceShanty Addict
Nice goin camo!! and little camo!!...I think picks are one of the coolest lookin fish out there....great action too!! WTG !

Offline Robb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Secret Spot
Nice one's!! Nice to have a fishing partner ;D.

Robb :tipup:

Offline OTIS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I love getting out fished by my kids!
Follow the bubbles...

Offline kingfshr16

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
Nice pics, way to go
Jason

Offline ol crawdad

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FISH HUNT LIVE
Camo, your son has a great smile!!  Way to go bud!

PIKEGUY

Great pictures and story-line again Camo. I'm looking forward to watching your son learn and advance his fishing skills in the coming months and years ;D

Offline BCJensen

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ICE IS ON FLAGS UP!
Great to see the little guys out there having fun..  love it..

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Go Camo Jr.!! Keep em' fish coming buddy!!
Andrew

camo_fish

Here is a link to a few little videos that I had taken when Camo Jr. was 3 years old and 1st year fishing on the ice.  ;D

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=33556.0

The 1st video is the best with only a few trips under his belt he makes it look like he has been doing for a life time.  ;D

Enjoy,
Fish On! Fish Back Down the Hole!

Offline ol crawdad

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FISH HUNT LIVE
Here is a link to a few little videos that I had taken when Camo Jr. was 3 years old and 1st year fishing on the ice.  ;D

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=33556.0

The 1st video is the best with only a few trips under his belt he makes it look like he has been doing for a life time.  ;D

Enjoy,
Fish On! Fish Back Down the Hole!
cool vids cf!  SWISH goes the smallie!!

camo_fish

cool vids cf!  SWISH goes the smallie!!
thanks, I found them when I was looking thru old photo folders here on the computer.  ;D
3 years old and looks like a natural, well he is, and doesn't come by it strangely.  ;D

bonkfan14

thats great camo he must a picked up you habits pretty fast huh... :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:...zeke

Offline Waubay Fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
Awesome vids - I like the pickeral one...  He musta had a good teacher eh???  ;)

billybono

the look on his face pulling in that fish is priceless  ;D

billybono

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Love seeing the little guys in action.....Thats what fishing is all about! Great vids Camo, and congrats Camo Jr. on the outfish ;)
Andrew

Offline crappie rob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
Excellent!! Keep the the kids in the outdoors, and out of trouble!! Nice Job. Crappie Rob.
Lets Go Cubs. Bring on the baseball season!!!

camo_fish

Thanks for all the great words, guys.  ;D I can't wait to get him out this spring on an awesome crappie bite.  ;) Bobbers and tubejigs, only 10-20 foot casts needed too.  ;)
Fish On! and Back to Swim again!

Offline Waubay Fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
Just make sure he doesn't go swimming TO early in that spring water!  I went for a swim about 50ft from shore to retrieve a slipbobber few years back and that water can be BBBRRRRRRRR cold in early April!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D  Awesome pics and vids again Camo!

Offline Pike an Eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Dead Sea 04"
Great vid's camo
it's great when he flex's at the end :flex:

camo_fish

Re: Camofish's Ice Adventures (2/14/06 Monster Perch) - p.10
« Reply #119 on: Feb 14, 2006, 12:47 PM »
I made it out for an hour this morning between putting my son on and getting him off the bus.  :P
Fished from 930a-1030a down in the #1 hole around.  ;) I drilled 10 holes and only caught fish out of 2 of them.
I finally broke the ice with a small gill and then caught 5 perch back to back with the last one to be this nice 12"er.  ;D

Then I moved to a few more holes and hit another hot hole with 4 more back to back perch with the last one being a personal best,
15" fatty perch.  :o Now  ;) for all you, lets guess where he was,  ;) so just go and try.  ;D It might be in your back yard.  ;D

Hoping that this one will but me in the lead of yet another category n the tourney.  :clap: :thumbsup: :woot:
Go Camofish and Team NY!  :flex:

Fish On!

And the best thing is that I was the only soul on the ice.  :flex:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.