IceShanty Main > News

Icegator Launches New Website !

<< < (2/3) > >>

benson78:
My lovely wife just ordered me one for our anniversary, the thing that I see from site to site is that they went a little more conservative as far as how many holes you can drill on a single charge and raised the price 30 bucks.

Mainehazmt:

--- Quote from: WANNABFISHIN on Oct 01, 2008, 09:34 AM ---I've asked this before but has anyone tried a 10" auger on one.  I know the company says to only use an 8" but was wondering if
it would work on a 10" auger.

--- End quote ---
prob would do it  but mine is still on warranty and I want it for years   so haven't tried!  and wont try If I need a biggger hole I can always drill 2 or three together

TonyTheIceMan:

--- Quote from: benson78 on Oct 01, 2008, 09:53 AM ---My lovely wife just ordered me one for our anniversary, the thing that I see from site to site is that they went a little more conservative as far as how many holes you can drill on a single charge and raised the price 30 bucks.

--- End quote ---
They did one other thing, they changed the gearing so that the auger rotates at 285 RPM instead of 420 RPM.  This would lessen the strain on the motor and gearbox.  The larger the hole diameter the more torque required.  The number of holes drilled would be less because the amount of ice removed is proportional to the square of the diameter.  An 8 inch hole would require 69% more ice to be removed than from a six inch hole.  By the way, keep your lovely wife for ordering the auger. 
Regards,
Tony

benson78:
Thanks for the info Tony I appreciate it, I knew there was a reason why just didn't see anything. Yeah I will keep her around for a while as long as she contributes to my habit I mean hobby.

benson78:
I got my icegator the other day, got it all put together now just waiting for cold weather to get here!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version