Wyoming > Ice Fishing Wyoming

Flasher vs Camera

<< < (4/4)

rgwaldron:
Flasher first. The camera is the icing on the cake but I would never use it by itself.

jopes:
I use Lawrence on my boat so I bought their ice graph kit.  What's nice is it has GPS and I copied all my way points from the boats graphs and downloaded them into the ice unit.  It's also nice to see lake contours with the GPS.

Special:
Own both use both. Next question is budget? The new and very cool is Livescope/ Garminlive /Mega live. Very cool new way to look at fish plus a crap load of tech that can help find fish. After that I say Flasher. So here is the dilemma Vexilar or Marcum or Lowrance hummingbird Garmin. Vexilars are hard to destroy but only give you lines green yellow red and pink lines Vexilars 30s. After that Marcums has a screen graph. The newer rought that a lot of us are using is our boat graphs. All have new software in them making them useable for icefishing. Just got to buy a new ice puck and away you go. I mostly fish with Lowrance due to it was cheap and got a deal, I like to split my screen in two. One side has the round Vexilar look and the other is 2d look just like a fishfinder. The biggest Point on the boat  units is GPS location. Man that help out a lot. You find a tree or structure you can put a way point on it and easy find it again. So GPS is a huge advantage. That takes out Vexilars no GPS I beat pretty soon they will come out with one. As for my camera it helps me look at anything I find. Look at structure and its always a hit/fun with the kids but it so long to deploy and set right take a bit. So if I'm sitting in a shack all day sure why not but it if I'm hopping around it sucks. So if you can afford a Livescope its worth it weight in gold. If not get a flasher that has GPS and make sure you get a new one do to the new GPS location modular. Older one give a 5 meter new ones give less then 1 meter. Have fun good luck enjoy fishing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version