Canada > Ice Fishing Quebec

l'ascension

(1/3) > >>

redbird:
Anybody know any public access spots for ice fishing near L'ascension? Got a shack up here but don't know any spots.
Thanks!

FreshwaterPhil:
Most of the region open until Nov 30th only. Then, zones 9 and 11 shut down except for a handful of lakes that remain open, see exceptions to rules in zones list. Zone 10 is the opposite, it remains open, but has quite a long list of lakes shut down to fishing during winter. Confusing to say the least.

Access remains the biggest issue, you need to find public access to launch from, and spot to park your vehicle as well. Public boat ramps, or waterside parks are your best bet. Unless you know someone that lives on a lake...

I've ice fished a few lakes up in your area, never caught too much besides for some small perch. Further South, Lac Maskinonge in Tremblant is open all winter, some pike and tons of big perch, but they are highly infested with worms, really not worth keeping unless you don't mind eating them  :P

Here are some pics from our trip there a couple years back:

redbird:
Thanks for the feedback Phil. I appreciate it.

Iceassin:
I'm seriously considering becoming a Canuck ( no offense intended). Nice pics.

redbird:

--- Quote from: Iceassin on Nov 24, 2019, 04:31 PM ---I'm seriously considering becoming a Canuck ( no offense intended). Nice pics.

--- End quote ---
Becoming a canuck is easy, just drink beer, watch hockey and go ice fishing :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version