Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Fishing Safety

Are the uscg appoved float suits worth the extra $$$

(1/4) > >>

don519:
I got a little money left over from xmas after working a ton of o/t that ruined my deer season so i want to try and make ice season as good as possible and want to invest in a float suit since i live in ny and have to have uscg appoved floatation on while im out fishing out in thd boat after nov 1i thought id dbl down and get a float suit and those little reflectors add a couple hundos and i dont need it but does anyone know of any reason other then the uscg appoved tag are they worth spending the extra money when i can just buy one for less and just throw on a life vest

swnoel:
Just bought the Clam Ascent float suit... it' isn't CG approved but it will keep me a float. That's all I care about!

don519:
Thats what i was looking at today

Monticatgeek:

--- Quote from: swnoel on Dec 23, 2018, 04:48 PM ---Just bought the Clam Ascent float suit... it' isn't CG approved but it will keep me a float. That's all I care about!

--- End quote ---

don't know if you heard about it or not but Clam is giving a free pair of the new Sub Zero X boots with the purchase of the Ascent & Rise Suits. there is how ever a 19.95 shipping charge. so you might spend $19.95 but the boots are valued at $180.00 this offer only applies to in store purchases only not valid for online orders.

Promo goes until the end of Jaunuary 2019 now. You will need to send in your receipt with this so make a copy to keep for your self as only originals will be excepted. all the details are on the form.

here is the form you will need to fill out and send in :

www.clamoutdoors.com/bootoffer

Monticatgeek:

--- Quote from: don519 on Dec 24, 2018, 12:48 AM ---Thats what i was looking at today

--- End quote ---

the Ice Armor by Clam floating suits are not coast guard approve and neither are the Striker brand suits. only certified suits would be the ones from Frabil or going with one of the Mustang suits.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version