Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Fishing Safety

Fantastic new Ice Safety Device !!!

<< < (2/3) > >>

codewordcs1:

--- Quote from: xjma on Sep 30, 2011, 10:47 PM ---looks like a good idea for safety sake, however, wouldn't that tear the rest of the jacket up???  i carry picks, hope to never use them.

--- End quote ---

That would be my concern.

IceBalls:
I carried picks too....didn't help much.....fingers don't cooperate when they're frozen.

xjma:

--- Quote from: IceBalls on Oct 01, 2011, 12:07 AM ---I carried picks too....didn't help much.....fingers don't cooperate when they're frozen.

--- End quote ---

that's good to know....fortunately never had the chance to take a dip through the ice! 

if having spikes on an ice suit is the way to go then i would think that you'd have to have some tough enough material to deal with the spikes where they are inevitably going to be rubbing. 

Madpuppy:
Just a question guys, wouldn't they just spin around your arm if they're just arm bands? I would want to see them in action before I purchased.

icecube:
  I have had these  (Armband Grippers) for a couple years. I usually put them on before I go out. Along with my picks around my neck. I have not had to use them thank goodness.  But I am sure that they will be a help if needed.  And I have no issues with my coat with them. They stay in place for me. I wear a Stearns Floatation coat also.  I always have a throwable floating cushion with a rope tied to it. Never hurts to have enough things that possibly could save your life or some one elses.  Also always have a spud I use.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version