Author Topic: Ice shack squatter!  (Read 10835 times)

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: Ice shack squatter!
« Reply #30 on: Dec 15, 2008, 02:49 PM »
wait till their in your shack and then go out and get in their truck....I think they will get your point!   8)

Or wait until they're in your shack and run up bolt the door closed hook the shack up to your truck and go for a 3 hour tour around the lake!!!    :clap:     :roflmao:     :thumbsup:

Offline catchumall

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • God bless the USA and Canada!
« Reply #31 on: Dec 16, 2008, 09:41 PM »
You know bullet holes are not all that hard to patch.   :tipup:
Bob

Offline ThatsASub

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "DROP THAT FISH" - B. Meredith - Grumpy Old Men 93
« Reply #32 on: Dec 19, 2008, 02:19 PM »
Here the summary of this post so far....

-   Lock them in your shack to die  (That would not be good cause the would smell up the shack)
-   Booby trap with peanut butter (ooohhh no not that) or MINES!! (That’s a way to wreck the ice)
-   Join them and drink their beer. (if they are breaking in to your shack, most likely they are a**holes)
-   Get a motion alarm (ok lets see, it’s Alaska, I hear out in the vast wilderness an alarm out on the ice…I don’t think I going to inspect, in fact I’ll be pi**ed cause that why I live here in the first place, quiet!!!)
-   Make them feel bad……(I’m sure they don’t)
-   Tell them to smile for the camera (I doubt they would believe that, this is an ice shack)
-   Call the police (Well it only took 4 post to mention, OK)
-   Play the banjo music (Yes we are crazy rednecks here to kill you)
-   Call the Police again and leave a note  (OK – the 6th post - nice)
-   Just be glad they didn’t steal anything (Do you have a backbone sir!)
-   Choke them out. (This assumes you have caught them, is this really an option )
-   Beat them and with wood screws  (A bit harsh, and it only took 10 Posts for a viable option)
-   Offer a reward  (What a for a mink skin and bear claw, come on)
-   The 12th post someone offers criminal stats for Win and MN (You got to be joking…this is really here folks)
-   Neighborhood watch  (OK you mean Shack Watch, good luck getting this organized as it a shack neighborhood of One)
-   Love this – Contact the government and the local bait shop  (Way to go.. I thought the bait shop was the local government in AK)
-   Booby Trap - Drown them – (Careful, you might fall in)
-   Another beauty – note “ Leave my stuff alone”   (WAAAAAHAAAA)
-   Don’t move to Milwaukee – they steal the ice here too… (I love this advice and I’m sure since they live in AK, they will not be in WI anytime soon, heck post 12 gives them more reason not to come)
-   Tell Perps they will be shot with a Large Caliber Weapon (Should have been post reply #1 )
-   Punch them out   (Oh yes and this should have been post reply #2)
-   Steal their truck…(Why not shoot them)
-   Take them for a hell ride (At the expense of the shack he wants to use for ice fishing – not viable – again why not shoot them or beat them)
-   An my post – some wise guy summarizing this post just because it’s fun…..

Please take lightly and good luck removing the scum of the ice!!!!
"I've caught more fish than you've lied about Gustafson" - Max Goldman - Grumpy Old Men 1993

Offline ThatsASub

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "DROP THAT FISH" - B. Meredith - Grumpy Old Men 93
« Reply #33 on: Dec 19, 2008, 03:47 PM »
It's supposed to be funny. And yes I spend the day by myself at work due to a snow storm here and need to amuse myself and hopefully others.  get a grip dude.
"I've caught more fish than you've lied about Gustafson" - Max Goldman - Grumpy Old Men 1993

Offline AKFISHRIPPER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LIFE=FISHING
« Reply #34 on: Dec 19, 2008, 06:11 PM »
It's supposed to be funny. And yes I spend the day by myself at work due to a snow storm here and need to amuse myself and hopefully others.  get a grip dude.

WOAH WOAH I was just jokin back at you man..... :o
U give a man a fish, u feed him for a day....I teach a man to fish.HE CATCHES ALL THE FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #35 on: Dec 20, 2008, 12:30 PM »
It's "least coast" humor Fishripper!  Don't you understand the closing statement of "Please take lightly?"  The use of the word "please" is pretty funny in itself!
(Just teasin' Thatsasub!)  See even two tooth hill folks like me can see the humor in your post! :D
TEAM ALASKA

Offline AKFISHRIPPER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LIFE=FISHING
« Reply #36 on: Dec 20, 2008, 02:45 PM »
Ohh Ohh I see, thanks for the explanation Barleydog now I see the light.
U give a man a fish, u feed him for a day....I teach a man to fish.HE CATCHES ALL THE FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #37 on: Dec 20, 2008, 02:52 PM »
since this thread started, i've been thinking.... what would happen to a shanty near my local city?  :o :laugh:
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #38 on: Dec 20, 2008, 07:07 PM »
since this thread started, i've been thinking.... what would happen to a shanty near my local city?  :o :laugh:

I don't know where Suffern, NY is, but if it's anywhere close to NYC it would be inhabited by a Cross Dressing Crack Head Hooker named Ramone!!!!!   :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline Milo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Dec 20, 2008, 07:43 PM »
I don't know where Suffern, NY is, but if it's anywhere close to NYC it would be inhabited by a Cross Dressing Crack Head Hooker named Ramone!!!!!   :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Sounds like somebody has a story to tell :D

Offline catchumall

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • God bless the USA and Canada!
« Reply #40 on: Dec 20, 2008, 10:56 PM »

Would it be Ramone or Samone???
Bob

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #41 on: Dec 21, 2008, 08:44 AM »

just look at my team banner. that picture was taken from suffern. :P
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #42 on: Dec 21, 2008, 12:35 PM »
Pooley is that wood smoke hovering over your beautiful little town? ;D

Drifter, You gotta explain Ramone to us?  I hope he/she was gentle! :D
TEAM ALASKA

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #43 on: Dec 21, 2008, 12:47 PM »

umm, something like that! :laugh:

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #44 on: Dec 21, 2008, 06:11 PM »

Ya got me!!! I get all my big city info from CSI!!!!!!    ;D

I didn't realize they had so many wood burning stoves in NYC.   ???      ???      ???

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Dec 21, 2008, 06:18 PM »
At least they didn't take a dump on the floor of your shack  ;D

Offline MrMarty51

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #46 on: Dec 21, 2008, 06:20 PM »
Ya got me!!! I get all my big city info from CSI!!!!!!    ;D

I didn't realize they had so many wood burning stoves in NYC.   ???      ???      ???
They had to clear out all the trees to make room for all them tall buildings and now they`re just burning off the overburden.   ;D Or is that smog from the crackpipes???

"Every hour spent fishing is NOT taken from ones life"Quote from Grant Boyson

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #47 on: Dec 22, 2008, 06:17 AM »
They had to clear out all the trees to make room for all them tall buildings and now they`re just burning off the overburden.   ;D Or is that smog from the crackpipes???

all that 'wood smoke' is from new jersey. nice neighbors, huh? :P

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #48 on: Dec 22, 2008, 10:33 AM »
all that 'wood smoke' is from new jersey. nice neighbors, huh? :P

Don't you mean JOISEY!!!!  ;D

Offline jkw

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Dont Forget The Beer!
« Reply #49 on: Dec 22, 2008, 03:03 PM »
well pooley your town was given the right name indeed! suffer-n .....feel sorry for you man, i couldnt stand that view, and the smell must be horrendous!.....anchorage is sorta big but its like the smallest big city there is....the views a helluva lot nicer too!
TEAM ALASKA          :bow: Pray For Ice! :icefish:

Its better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #50 on: Dec 22, 2008, 04:21 PM »
well pooley your town was given the right name indeed! suffer-n .....feel sorry for you man, i couldnt stand that view, and the smell must be horrendous!.....anchorage is sorta big but its like the smallest big city there is....the views a helluva lot nicer too!

well, the view is from a mountain in town, so you have to hike to see it. the smell stays to the south of my town, so no problem there.

Offline bigmoose2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #51 on: Dec 26, 2008, 08:58 AM »
I went down to my shack the other day and found that somebody had broke in and fished in my shack without permission.  My sister-in-law spotted a red truck parked next to my shack last wednesday and we assume that they were the ones.  They didn't do any dammage to the door and didn't take anything, although i didn't have much in the shack.  there was a little dammage to some of my outlet caps, but nothing intetional.  I don't know what to do about it because if they know they can get in they will likely try again and there is a good chance i will catch them in the act because i live so close to my shack(takes me ten minutes) and people are keeping an eye on it for me.  What would you guys do if someone was breaking into your shack to fish?
I use to live in Anchorage and fished Big Lake, and my favorite Red Shirt.  I watched hooligans go from shack to shack a couple of times.  So my buddy confronted them, well not a good, remember everyone caries a weapons, so instantly you all get the pucker factor working. So from my experience at least in alaska you need to have bigger or more weapons then the hooligans.  I think I have a safe way to combat your ice shack blues.  In the lower 48 we use tree cameras for hunting.  Now the new ones you can go on the internet and download the pictures with out even getting out into the woods/ice  shack.  The pictures will have the date and time stamp on the bottom corner.  The cameras can be positioned and turned on so when ever their is movement a picture is taken, you will have a nice 8x10 you can post at your area news paper or dinner. 

Offline Tinman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Dec 27, 2008, 12:09 PM »
Don't worry about it Jake. If they aren't stealing or wrecking the place consider yourself lucky.

2 years ago the shanty krashalaska and I own was stolen towards the end of the season. We followed the thieves tracks to northshore marina but then lost the trail. The troopers eventually spotted it about a half mile out in a swamp and gave me a call. The theft was thwarted by a spruce stump they got hung up on. It took us until May to get out there with quads and drag it off the swamp but we got our house back. Damaged all to hell and in need of a total rebuild. Expect to see it out on the lake again in a few weeks though.

It sounds to me like the worst that has happened is that you're sharing your fishing spot (like they couldn't just drill right next to your shanty and fish there anyway)

Tinman

Offline fishermanjake

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Way to go honey!!!
« Reply #53 on: Dec 29, 2008, 03:16 PM »
its the confronting a person fishing in the shack when i go down there that i'm really concerned about

Offline Tinman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Dec 30, 2008, 11:50 AM »
What would you do if you came out of your house to go to work one morning and found a bum sacked out in your auto? Same thing, confront them. They'll know they are in the wrong and won't put up much of a fight. If you're really worried about a confrontation make sure you're carrying (unconcealed for full effect).

Offline Rdrash

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #55 on: Dec 30, 2008, 02:19 PM »
If you're really worried about a confrontation make sure you're carrying (unconcealed for full effect).

What a tool! Who do you know that carries all the time when on the ice?
It's alright I'm ok.......Is that my bike on fire?

Offline Tinman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #56 on: Dec 31, 2008, 02:04 AM »
I thought everyone fished armed? You never know when you'll pull a shooter char through the ice! It's just a little trick I picked up while halibut fishing one time.

Offline Madpuppy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • CAGA HOKUWA
« Reply #57 on: Jan 01, 2009, 11:19 AM »
Get a plate # and call the Sheriff.
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #58 on: Jan 02, 2009, 11:00 AM »
Who do you know that carries all the time when on the ice?

Tony Soprano- fuhgettaboutit!!

Offline firefish5000

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #59 on: Jan 04, 2009, 04:18 AM »
I went down to my shack the other day and found that somebody had broke in and fished in my shack without permission.  My sister-in-law spotted a red truck parked next to my shack last wednesday and we assume that they were the ones. 

Been following this post for awhile and finally remembered my password to log in . Bought a house in sutton and have been fishing the lake were I think your house is Jake and I was there on a wednesday when I think your sister in law saw my 4 door red truck next to your Ice house, but trust me I have no reason to break into your shack as I have portables and just like to feed off other shacks chum piles. I had a shack on big lake the last 3 years so I feel your frustration.   My only point being here is... next time you see  a four door red chevy HD next to your shack its probably me an I come in peace.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.