The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Norton Pond  (Read 3752 times)

Offline Gezzah

• Team IceShanty Regular
Norton Pond
« on: Dec 26, 2007, 08:05 AM »
Anybody got a status on the ice conditions on this lake??
"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley."

Offline grasspikerel

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Norton Pond
« Reply #1 on: Dec 26, 2007, 01:51 PM »
I may be wrong, but isn't it closed until the 3rd week in january?

Offline lake snake

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 26, 2007, 02:01 PM »
I may be wrong, but isn't it closed until the 3rd week in january?
  You are correct.

Offline NH piker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm tracker2011 on MFF
« Reply #3 on: Dec 26, 2007, 08:06 PM »
the last few times going to Norton I've been shut out.....my very first time I ever fished Norton during the ice season I had the very best time fishing that place....couldn't keep up with tip ups kept catching pike as fast as I could keep bait on the hooks and the temps ended up in the 60's....I was fishing in a t-shirt and instead of wind burn I ended up with a mad sun burn.....I'll never forget that day as long as I live....best day fishing ever.......

Offline lake snake

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 26, 2007, 08:19 PM »
the last few times going to Norton I've been shut out.....my very first time I ever fished Norton during the ice season I had the very best time fishing that place....couldn't keep up with tip ups kept catching pike as fast as I could keep bait on the hooks and the temps ended up in the 60's....I was fishing in a t-shirt and instead of wind burn I ended up with a mad sun burn.....I'll never forget that day as long as I live....best day fishing ever.......
   Hey Bruce,  I'm gonna head up there sometime. Let me know if you wanna go.

Offline NH piker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm tracker2011 on MFF
« Reply #5 on: Dec 27, 2007, 02:50 PM »
just let me know.....I'll go up any weekend.....will you be at Dewey's on Tues. the 1st?

Offline lake snake

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 27, 2007, 02:54 PM »
just let me know.....I'll go up any weekend.....will you be at Dewey's on Tues. the 1st?
  Will let you know when I head up. I'll be back to work Tuesday so I will not be there. How did you do at Little Sunapee today?

Offline NH piker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm tracker2011 on MFF
« Reply #7 on: Dec 28, 2007, 11:32 AM »
pulled a big rainbow out of the hole only to have the hook snap off and lost the fish, he made it back down the hole....that was it for 5 hrs....this was at 7:30 am and nothing at all for action and I finally gave up at noon.....two other people out and not one flag amoung us....can't wait till I'm able to fish Dewey again...Do you know what time Steve's bait shop opens?  I'll probably go over on Monday afternoon for bait unless he's open by 6am on Tues...

Offline lake snake

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 28, 2007, 12:36 PM »
  I never have any luck at Big Sukapee or Little Sukapee. Much rather go to Crystal. Want to go to Norton the last weekend of January? I'd like to hit Glen once too. Can be slow fishing but chance of a monster too. Call Steve and ask him what time he will be open. 802 296 7331 

Offline NH piker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm tracker2011 on MFF
« Reply #9 on: Dec 29, 2007, 08:47 AM »
If you want company, I'll go up to Norton.  I don't know anything about Glen....have you ever fished Silver Lake in Barnard Vt?  I haven't fished it probably 3 or so years now but did very well when I did fish it...there were some monsters....my biggest was 31" but I saw a guy next to me catch a 42" and he threw it back...my dream is to catch a 36" and when I do I will be getting a replica for the wall.....after Jan. 1st no more rainbow fishing for me....only PIKE....

Offline Bailbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 29, 2007, 06:10 PM »
NH Piker, I fish Glen and it does have some big fish,as a matter of fact we are fishing there in the am,But it can be a slow fish. We fished it 3 days and had 1 flag.Silver Lake the last few years has been over fished as has Deweys to many small fish being kept.You should have seen the fish that came from Deweys before the word got out .BB

Catching big fish is like winning the door prize!
Have to be there to win!!!!

Offline lake snake

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 29, 2007, 07:40 PM »
NH Piker, I fish Glen and it does have some big fish,as a matter of fact we are fishing there in the am,But it can be a slow fish. We fished it 3 days and had 1 flag.Silver Lake the last few years has been over fished as has Deweys to many small fish being kept.You should have seen the fish that came from Deweys before the word got out .BB

Bailbuster, Ever buy bait from Steves bait shop in North Hartland? He mentioned a couple years back about a big pike coming out of Deweys. Just like Norton, word gets out and its all over. I have fished Glen in the summer trolling with no fish. It's a nice lake though, good weed lines. Like to try it ice fishing. I have a good spot in mind.Good luck tomorrow.

Offline Bailbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 29, 2007, 08:05 PM »

Bailbuster, Ever buy bait from Steves bait shop in North Hartland? He mentioned a couple years back about a big pike coming out of Deweys. Just like Norton, word gets out and its all over. I have fished Glen in the summer trolling with no fish. It's a nice lake though, good weed lines. Like to try it ice fishing. I have a good spot in mind.Good luck tomorrow.
 Ya, I live in Hartland myself , There is a guy that has a metal shanty that has the best spot tied up on Glen,he is there weekends and throws a fit if you get to close ,but we fish up to his door week days.If you go you will see him north of the dam.

Offline lake snake

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Dec 29, 2007, 08:11 PM »
  So he is not around the point in the back left cove. Good.  That looks like a good spot to set up. Good structure with a nice drop off.

Offline Bailbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Dec 29, 2007, 08:44 PM »
He sets up off "O Brians" point in the 20ft line, he gets a couple every year in high teens.I think he has 5 over 20#s.BB

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.