Author Topic: Hardwater Cancelation!!...UPDATE  (Read 3395 times)

grumpymoe

Hardwater Cancelation!!...UPDATE
« on: Nov 07, 2004, 09:18 AM »
Yesterday saw unseasonally higher temperatures...50F overnight low....gusting winds with the approaching high... ;D ;D...finished attaching the skids to the shanty and fired up the woodstove and settled into the chair for a glass of grape juice.. ;D by the time to barbeque it looked like we were going to get dumped on....snow??.. just a quick hint....then absolutely clear...yahoo...this morning got up to 23F...then the wind picked up again turning some freezeover into this pile on shore... :-\ :-\...my prediction of safe ice for Nov 6 is out the window....freezeup will definetely be this week for sure...depending on daytime highs...just might set up the shanty by the 22nd...same as last year....Grump                                                                                               

Offline Iceshanty

• Admin
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Unwilling to leave the fish I have not caught yet
Re: Hardwater Cancelation!!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 07, 2004, 10:20 AM »
Moe I just got chills up my spine when I saw your picture  :o That looks to be one calm cold night away from slamming solid. Sweet.

-Scott
What's cooler than being cool? Ice cold

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 07, 2004, 10:24 AM »
Darn wind eh Grump wont be long now!!! ;D  ;D  ;D :tipup:  :tipup:  :tipup:

grumpymoe

« Reply #3 on: Nov 07, 2004, 05:52 PM »
UPDATE!!!.....the temperature is plummeting and below freezing already.....and the winds have died off....enough below that the lake i took a pic of this morning will almost freeze over by the morning..... ;D..Grump

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 07, 2004, 06:03 PM »
Yeah, but there was no ice to be seen yesterday...I think the Legend has one more trip on Thursday for crappie...water was about 40-41 yesterday. 

Derek

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway.

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 07, 2004, 09:11 PM »
She's pretty cold tonight buddy. That mysterious lake of yourswill start freezing over now. My prediction may come true. :P :P
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Offline TroutFishingBear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • almost 22" cuttbow, took 6 minutes to land
« Reply #6 on: Nov 07, 2004, 09:13 PM »
Hope you can get on the ice as soon as possible. Hope you get some negative temps.
if anybody from michigan will help me out with the lakes and stuff up here I'd really appreciate it since I'm new to the area.

Offline Skiff

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Walleye, pike, perch...Yeah!
« Reply #7 on: Nov 07, 2004, 09:17 PM »
Right now it's -4C with temps going still lower tonight.  Almost no wind.  Puddles on the street are already glazed over, and the bit of snow we got last night didn't melt till after noon today.  Have to take my garden veggies out of the garage tonight or they'll freeze.  I think the ponds and small lakes will go fairly soon.
"I'm as healthy as I ever was, I just go to the doctor more often".  - one of my retired buddies

Offline Mongo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Nov 08, 2004, 01:07 PM »
I am truly jealous, we are still looking at 6-8 weeks here.

grumpymoe

« Reply #9 on: Nov 08, 2004, 01:36 PM »
i think it might have....but i didnt check this morning....off to work before 6:00 am....and by the time i get home tonight...its getting pretty close to dark....if i can, i will run down and take a looksee....Grump ;D

Offline Fish Monger

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Maine
« Reply #10 on: Nov 08, 2004, 03:29 PM »
Achhhh... I pain in my heart right here. I doubt I'll see ice this month...... >:(

Offline Iceshanty

• Admin
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Unwilling to leave the fish I have not caught yet
« Reply #11 on: Nov 08, 2004, 08:17 PM »
Moe going nuts here,  as my Uncle Ray would say  :woot:

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeport!

What's cooler than being cool? Ice cold

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>

grumpymoe

« Reply #12 on: Nov 10, 2004, 04:45 PM »
reported by rockbottom a few minutes ago on the manitoba forum..
Conservation officer told me the lake was froze over at ochre beach for one mile from shore not very thick, hope the wind stays away... this is on lake dauphin less than 1 hr away from me....approximately 250 square mile lake...Grump ;D ;D....BTW...i had predicted safe ice for november 6....unfortunately we have had some very windy days over the past week :-\

grumpymoe

Re: Hardwater Cancelation!!...UPDATE
« Reply #13 on: Nov 11, 2004, 09:35 AM »
here's what the lake looks like this morning.....around 14F overnight with almost zero wind...4days later from the first pic.....thought i would throw the last pic of the muskrat grooming his fur....actually i think he's the one responsible for keeping that last little bit of his bathtub open!!! >:(...Grump                                                                                                                                                                                                              

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Hardwater Cancelation!!...UPDATE
« Reply #14 on: Nov 11, 2004, 12:14 PM »
WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Looks good Grump 8) Great shots !!  I think I'm going to go try tommorrow should be some ice here too I did stand on ice today my parents pond was frozen over hopefully this week-end I'll be out :tipup: :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.