Author Topic: gone fishing  (Read 2575 times)

mngonefishing

gone fishing
« on: Nov 16, 2003, 01:17 PM »
went out this morning. st cloud MN Most of the lakes are open. it was raining or at least trying to. I took out a friends canoe. caught a bunch of small sunnies. kept 4 or 5 of them. when i got ready to go i let them go. well at least i was able to get out. ;D tight lines

TIGGER

Re:gone fishing
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23, 2003, 12:52 PM »
WENT OUT YESTERDAY ON RED RIVER, MANITOBA.  FIVE INCHES OF ICE AND LOTS OF WALLEYES. CAUGHT NINE EYES RANGING FROM 20" TO 28.25".  LOVE THAT HARD WATTER!

mngonefishing

« Reply #2 on: Nov 23, 2003, 05:02 PM »
its snowing here (st cloud MN ) the ice should be ready by turkey day ;D ;D

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 23, 2003, 05:52 PM »
Colder than a witches bosom here in NW IA. Went fishing from shore in MN yesterday and nearly frosted over but just clobbered the perch and caught a few walleyes. Yes, Turkey day will be safe Ice. But, I have familial obligations.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Nov 23, 2003, 06:15 PM »
62 deg. and sunny in Rochester, NY today...There were so many  boats on the water  you'd think it was August.

Lots of perch to be caught...I'm not sure if I'm jealous  of you guys with Ice or not!

RGFIXIT
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline Turkeyhunter10ga

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 23, 2003, 07:31 PM »
Same weather here in Chicago area RG , lower 60s but windy as hell , woulda been out perching on Lake Michigan if it wasn't for the gale force winds and predicted 5 - 6 ft waves. C"MON cold , gotta scratch this itch soon !!!

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #6 on: Nov 23, 2003, 09:33 PM »
Good to hear that you cot out mngonefishin.  Did you use the canoe as a floatation device or did you turn it over for a shanty?  We had 6 inches of snow and it has wieghed the ice down enough so when you drill a hole, it's like striking oil!  Water rushes right out of the hole do to all the pressure.  Other than that, it's about 7" of good ice.  Hope you get some nice cold weather!  Barleydog
TEAM ALASKA

Offline GNT

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater 24/7
« Reply #7 on: Nov 24, 2003, 06:40 PM »
Six inches of snow last night in Thunder Bay Ontario. It shouldn't be long before the lakes have enough ice, probably hard water before Dec.10.

mngonefishing

« Reply #8 on: Nov 24, 2003, 06:46 PM »
Just got back from checking the local lakes. two of the smaller ones have snow sitting on the ice in the center of the lake ;D ;D grand lake is still open alot. the ice is 1 to 2 inches on the edges. can't wait

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #9 on: Nov 24, 2003, 09:42 PM »
AHHHHH you poor fellas waiting for ice :( :( :( I've been on the ice for over a month now here in northern B.C. Had 13 inches on the lake I was fishing today. Caught some nice brookies and a few rainbows. Don't worry, it will come, and we will all be happy. I'm off to Mexico in 3 days so will have to just think about all the spots I will hit on my return mid Dec.

mngonefishing

« Reply #10 on: Nov 26, 2003, 11:11 PM »
Terrygonefishing, I dont remember being on the ice that early ever. we were able to get out on the ice the frist week in nov. once but never in mid oct. that sounds like AK weather. wishing i was still there. ;D

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #11 on: Nov 27, 2003, 07:46 PM »
I had to go on my favorite high altitute lake here. This is the earliest I have been on the ice, but have only been going to this lake for 3 years. All the local lakes here are now frozen across except a few big ones. ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.