New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Saratoga lake condition???  (Read 1702 times)

Offline Captain1978

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Saratoga lake condition???
« on: Mar 12, 2021, 02:42 PM »
I checked the reports and conditions and it is outdated.  anyone know if  access from Fitch road is ok???? Browns Beach camera shows an empty lake and shoreline not looking good? Anyone out on the lake at all today???
EL CAPITANO !!!

Online ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Saratoga lake condition???
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2021, 02:55 PM »
I checked the reports and conditions and it is outdated.  anyone know if  access from Fitch road is ok???? Browns Beach camera shows an empty lake and shoreline not looking good? Anyone out on the lake at all today???

Can’t speak for Fitch but I haven’t seen anyone fishing Browns in a week. My uneducated case would be the shoreline is iffy and if you give it a try proceed with extreme caution.

Offline chessieman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 12, 2021, 03:34 PM »
I - as well as - 8 others, were off Fitch yesterday - edges starting to go, but still good enough to walk on - out 300yards you have 3" of white crusty over 8-10" of solid clear ice - another 300 yards south(deeper) the solid ice drops to 6-8" - if you go out and west toward the channel the solid ice drops to <6" - Be Careful over there

The gills have been very picky "hole-to-hole" and color sensitive, best bite is 4PM to dark - if you don't mind the wind, you should be OK for the weekend as long as you don't go wandering too far.

Offline Adironzach

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Certified Doe Dragger
« Reply #3 on: Mar 12, 2021, 04:12 PM »
Didn’t make it up to fitch but took this moments ago just north of snake hill. Didn’t see anyone out. Looks shot

Offline buz23

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Mar 13, 2021, 07:11 PM »
Looks like Brown's is shot.  There is a stream that enters to the left of the beach and there's lots of open water.  Mergansers spotted.  The lake hasn't really come up very much and there are several funky looking ice bridges at the north end of Browns, but I'm not sure I would try it.  Nobody out in the last couple of days.

Offline phil2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 14, 2021, 02:42 PM »
Its gone all split and shoving. Another yr in the books.

Offline 62&done

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Mar 15, 2021, 05:03 PM »
Its gone all split and shoving. Another yr in the books.

Rats!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.