Author Topic: dreaming bad thoughts  (Read 2953 times)

Offline AdkIceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice is Nice
dreaming bad thoughts
« on: Mar 03, 2003, 08:19 AM »
i was just wondering how many of u guys have ever thought about fishing a pond for trout that u weren't supposed too, like here in new york there are tons of ponds were there are trout out in the wilderness and stuff. I always think man I wonder if anyone ever ice fished that and how they did. I mean I know the reason u cant because they dont want u to introduce baitfish and trout would be easy to catch. Phew just imagine the size of the browns in say Thirteenth Lake. Alright all u DEC guys out there i was just kidding I have never thought of this before.
~AdkIceman~
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.   ~Waylon~

Offline Robb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Secret Spot
Re:dreaming bad thoughts
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2004, 03:00 PM »
Hey I know what u mean! I have heard of a few guys in fulton county going into brook trout ponds and fishing. I would love to ice fish Jabe pond if you have ever been there you'll know what I mean. :'(

Offline Outdoors_Nut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2004, 04:59 PM »
Here in NH we have a place called " Castle In The Clouds " . It's a tourist attraction of a place where they made "Crystal Springs Water". They have a very small pond there that you can put a quarter in the machine and feed the rainbows. Well let me tell you that just about every rainbow in there (has to be atleast 1,000 or more) all weigh between 8-20 pounds. Even tho I would never do it for many reasons, the thought of sneaking there and catching some is kinda of a fantasy to me.  ;D

Offline TroutFishingBear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • almost 22" cuttbow, took 6 minutes to land
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2004, 11:16 PM »
In colorado we can basically fish any lake, but there is one with huge bows and walleyes and bass in it that we can't. (city water supply) We used to and we used to bag the biggins. In open water they average at least 5lbs+ and are easy to catch. Icefishing they are the same. You can land about an average of 10 5+lb bows in a day along with monster walleye and huge largemouth and smallmouth. This lake is heaven. We can't fish it anymore because the city is worried about liabilty because people might fall through. There is a guy fighting against it though.
if anybody from michigan will help me out with the lakes and stuff up here I'd really appreciate it since I'm new to the area.

Offline kingfshr16

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2004, 08:23 PM »
I feel u two guys on thirteenth and jabe.........that would be an awesome experience. Too bad they couldnt establish a short season like a month and a half or so....but that's just a dream....
Jason

Offline Colorado_Ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • :-)Reader Beware(-:
Re: dreaming bad thoughts
« Reply #5 on: Feb 11, 2004, 05:19 PM »
IceFishingBear,

Which reservoir is it? I can ask a guy I know in the water shed department about the ban.

"Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job." ~Paul Schullery

Reelinrolly

« Reply #6 on: Feb 17, 2004, 02:11 AM »
What a question...of course we all have thought this but would we do it....well most of us no...lol....our local fishing club let us this year fish the hatchery bows and browns out of the 40x40 tank to transfer them to the nearby river system.....barbless hooks by the way.....this is the close ive come to such a dream...lol...talk about easy pickins.....real fun though some of these hatchery fish were huge for their age...lol...weve all had dreams of fishing that forbidden lake...thast what makes it so tempting...because its somehting we aren't supposed to do...lol...sorry im ranting now...lol

Hardwaqterhunter

« Reply #7 on: Feb 17, 2004, 10:18 AM »
we got to also fish at a hactery, with our school fly fishin team. i was so fun. they put us at a pond with about 40 bows.the pond was an acer not alot of people got stuff, but missing class over fishing awsome.lol ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.