Author Topic: Clam 6800  (Read 6736 times)

Offline FlagChaser

• Team IceShanty Regular
Clam 6800
« on: Jan 29, 2009, 06:35 PM »
Anyone have a Clam 6800, I am leaning towards buying that one.
http://

FISHFORPIKE

Re: Clam 6800
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2009, 06:53 PM »
Had one til this season.  What do you want to know?  Comment - it is not a "sled" - very tough to tow.  I always loaded it and everything else on a trailer and towed it behind my wheeler - not a very portable outfit for moving around the ice.
It is/was an excellent shelter and my kids loved it - warm, with the floor an all.  I just decided to change my "style" of fishing a bit this year.

Offline kchopper

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Chopper, the minnow eater
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2009, 09:48 PM »
I have one and like it.  It has alot of room.  It's easy to set up and take down.  We fish three guys out of it pretty regularly and never have a problem.  Although it is heavy, I can load it in my truck by myself.  It's also hard to pull by hand.  I'm thinking about mounting some detachable skis to it so I can move it easier.  Hope this helps.

Offline Clam Corp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2009, 10:03 PM »
The 6800 does indeed have a lot of space, but pulling around in the ice with any sort of snow can be a bit tough. The new pop-up style Clam's are a great choice if you're looking to house several people and still stay somewhat mobile. You can throw any size (Hub, Base Camp or Command Post) in the backseat of a car and away you go. You can also lay one in a sled and toss the rest of your gear in there and have no problems pulling it around through the snow.

I've taken a Command Post with me on guide trips and have just thrown it inside the tub of my Thermal X and onto the lake we went. Had enough gear (along with the Command Post) loaded in the sled of the Thermal to adequately house an eight-person guide trip... tough to beat when looking to add more people and keep everyone comfortable...

The pop-up style Clam's have created an inexpensive option that offers a lot...
Phone: 763-231-4120
Fax: 763-231-4121
Email: [email protected]

Clam Customer Service and FAQ Information
Clam Parts and Services
Clam's FAQ

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.