Author Topic: Custom Jigs and Spins Stinger  (Read 1842 times)

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
Custom Jigs and Spins Stinger
« on: Dec 16, 2005, 03:26 PM »
Hi guys I was looking a the Stinger hooks in a catalog and wondered how effective are they?
Is the green/chartruce a good color? And would the #8 size work for trout, perch,walleye and whitefish?
How do you guys like them overall?
Would they be too small for a bigger fish like a lake trout or pike? ???

WW

Offline iceintheveins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If you won't fight for freedom, your not American!
Re: Custom Jigs and Spins Stinger
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2005, 07:17 PM »
Custom jigs and spins stingers are some of the very finest jigging spoons around, possibly the best. The size 12 weighs only 1/20th of an ounce and is a great lure for active panfish when tipped with a waxy or spike. The size 8 is great for smaller trout, along with walleye. The number 4 is best for bigger trout and pike.
All the colors are good, but the chatreuse, orange, pink, and glow colors are the finest. I often replace the trebles they come with, generally with a gamakatsu.
These lures are thin and have a very distinct, slow fluttering action on the drop. Great lures. Tip with waxies, spikes, or nightcrawler pieces for panfish and trout, and minnow heads or tiny pieces of cutbait for pike, lake trout, and walleye.
Politically incorrect, and proud of it.

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 2005, 10:56 PM »
Thanks for the info Mackdaddy, I think I will get a few next time I see them, they are not too common around here so choice may be limited, which ever is out there should work OK. I was not sure what type of action they would have but a slow flutter sounds good, it should get most fish's attention, I hope. :)

WW

Offline Grizzly1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 25, 2005, 02:56 PM »
I've been eye'n CJ&S Stinger for awhile now, after seeing this thread I think I'll put in order-they look like a great tipping jig and the price is very reasonable as with all their jigs.

-Grizz

Offline Kziceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 27, 2005, 09:43 AM »
I keep hearing that Kens Hooks work well for Perch.  What are they and where can I get them?

My bait always catches fish...or dies trying.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.