Author Topic: Storing/Transporting your tip-ups  (Read 5135 times)

Offline St. Lawrence River Guy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Storing/Transporting your tip-ups
« on: Mar 27, 2014, 03:07 PM »
A few years ago I found a tip on iceshanty that showed a way to use 3" PVC to organize your tip-ups.  I like the way it keeps all of my tip-ups separate but it takes up quiet a bit of space if the kids and their 5 extra tip ups.  How do you organize, keep your tip-ups from tangling in your sled?

Offline thomasthepikehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Storing/Transporting your tip-ups
« Reply #1 on: Mar 27, 2014, 06:10 PM »
In MN, We're only allowed 2 lines, and usually that means one rod and one tip up for me. I have 4 tip ups, and they stay in my skid house. When in the portable, I simply put them in a bucket. If you have one of those velcro straps over the spool/hook they won't hook things. I'm guessing you could get 10-15 in a bucket if you wanted.
-Tom

Offline piscesman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 27, 2014, 07:23 PM »
Do what I did and save yourself some weight and trouble. I purchased a used gym bag at City Mission that holds 6 tip-ups very nicely made with room to spare. Has a carrying strap to help carry to next hole to help unload them to set-up for the day. I also store marking bobbers in it and a slim line pole holder. Very light weight being made of nylon..........
      Kim :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
"To have and to hold till death do us part" really refers to a man and his ICE FISHING EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #3 on: Mar 27, 2014, 07:26 PM »

"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline St. Lawrence River Guy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 27, 2014, 09:59 PM »
Thx, that Cabela's bag is pretty sweet looking.  I guess the first step is tracking down some of those velcro straps.  Good news is I have 9 months to figure it out.

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #5 on: Mar 28, 2014, 05:47 AM »
The Velcro can be picked up at walmart...
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 28, 2014, 06:31 PM »
Did you put that cover over that lindy rig holder? I have a tackle buddy, but it snags on everything. I've just been using a plastic bag. Have you ever tried one of those tackle boxes just for the rig holders?
-Tom

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #7 on: Mar 28, 2014, 07:10 PM »
I made the cover with clear heavy plastic, you can find sold by the yard a walmart sewing area and Velcro tape. Makes great lure covers too.

Keep America Godly...

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 28, 2014, 09:09 PM »
I didn't notice the velco before, its perfect. That has made my day, and solved a problem I've been trying to figure out all season. :thumbsup:
-Tom

Offline mattyb516

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Mar 31, 2014, 01:10 PM »
I use a piece of material with 2 pieces of velcro on opposite ends on opposite sides with a grommet up top. You put your hook or swivel through the grommet and connect the velcro ends together. Keeps everything neat and untangled.

where there's a flag, there's a pickerel

Offline gbfdcapt4b

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Apr 16, 2014, 09:49 AM »

Offline Martian

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 08, 2014, 09:03 AM »
I seen some neat things on this site doublehoutdoors.com. they have made some interesting accessories for te ice  look at the tip up locker, frankly , all mine go in a bucket , with rubber bands on the tip ups to put the hook in

Offline Ches.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 11, 2014, 03:13 PM »
I bought a Frabill bucket and had to take it back, I have lights and pizzo buzzers on Beaver dams and they don't fit in the sleeve.  I currently use a 5 gallon bucket but am looking for a better option.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.