Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1615275 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #21150 on: Oct 21, 2020, 05:04 AM »
Good morning Eddie! Good morning everyone.

5.25" of snow everywhere, the trees, brush, stands, roof, outhouse, it's a wet mess. Tomorrow is supposed to be rain, can't catch a break on the weather, hope the deer move.

I will gear up in a bit and stick it out for a few hours, promises to be an adventure.

Great news on the nursing home Eddie.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #21151 on: Oct 21, 2020, 05:19 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                          It's 45* and cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                          Eddie.......That's good news that no residents were infected from the worker. :thumbsup: Glad you got the day in. :flex:
                 Yes the the rifle opens Saturday. :clap:
                          Marv........I know the cold wet weather can stiffen the best of us, maybe a hot toddy or two will help lube up the joints. :thumbsup:
                  Good luck in the stand, your should see some tracks on the way. :flex:
                          Tom........Deer are a curios animal, any little noise that they are not use to will get them checking things out. :blink:
                          OG.........I hope you can get your duct work in around that pipe. :flex:
                          Steve.....Good luck with the cable hook up, I hope the provider gets their end fixed soon. :unsure:
                          H2l........By the number of trips you make to the city, you should be able to do it blindfolded. lol :woot:
                          Wally.....I hope you can get another trip in this week. :flex:
                          I haven't seen any deer where I've been, I'm going to have to change spots.
                          I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21152 on: Oct 21, 2020, 05:25 AM »
48* and going to warm up.
Mr. C, remember when everything was "plug and play"? Now it is "plug and pray". I sometimes think it is all to keep some one working in the "cloud".
Eddie, hoping the nursing home stays 19 free.
WS, never cared for that wet snow falling out of the trees. Good luck today.

Trip to the city went very well. Good check-up. Got there just after 1pm and wife was done by 4pm. I was a little worried at the timing for getting "out of Dodge" but it was a breeze. You just never know. Got home just before 8. Visiting nurse comes this morning, after that I may take the MZ for a walk.

Have a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21153 on: Oct 21, 2020, 05:44 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....great news on the check up  :thumbsup:  good luck in the woods  ;)

WS.....best of luck today, hope you can catch a break with the weather and the critters  ;)2

MrC....make sure you keep track of the dates you have no/limited service and request a reduction in charges for those days  :whistle:

Eddie.....good news on the nursing home front  :clap:  hope your in person visits start up again soon  :)

Drifter.....think all of us here are WELL past the 18 mark  :roflmao: 

TT.....fingers crossed the bucks don't wander too far away from your property  :-\

Mid 70s today along with a pretty good breeze and rain/t-storms so no fishing  :'(  however tomorrow is looking pretty good to give it a go  :thumbsup: :clap: 

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21154 on: Oct 21, 2020, 07:34 AM »
41* start to the day. A nasty wet wet 10 days are guessed. it rained msot of the night but it has moved off.

Eddie Firearms season does not start untill Nov 15th and lasts the rest of the Month. Bow seaon opens on October 1 and lasts to the 14th of Nvember. It opens back up DEC 1st and runs the rest of the month. The greedy bow hunters have tried  to move the firearms season back untill Thanksgiving so they get all of the rut
There is a long thread on another site about the air powered bows. I should read it to see how that decision by the DNR went over. The traditonalist  fought the compound bow. Crossbow use unleashed another big fight. They are legal now. Maybe I should load arrows in my old mussel loading double barrel shotgun. It should be legal as it would be air powered.
It is good to here that the covid positive worker did not have  contact with the patients

Marv Back when we had pheasents, opening day was a rainy nasty day. The hunters shooed the women out of a laundromat so they could run around in thier under wear drying out there clothes. You could not see them from the out side as all of the moisture fogged up the windows due to the moisture.

ww We can not bait deer any more but I am almost sure the trash that lives across from my son is still baiting. You can still sell bait just not use it. I see a lot of people buying it. I still have not opend up my old tower blind to see if the mice and squirrels have got in and made a mess again.

I was taking the day off from installing new fence to blow leaves. With all of the rain last night I think we will go get a few  groceries. Maybe by the time we get home the leaves will dry out enoght to blow easier.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21155 on: Oct 21, 2020, 08:05 AM »
Good Morning ER's 38* and heading up to 50* with rain in near future. Hope everyone has a nice day. Still working on duct work. I gained a inch on the outside entry hope I get a better angle to work with. Cement steps outside and cement slab under washer to contend with.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21156 on: Oct 21, 2020, 10:03 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Been a tough week with Drs appointments for my wife. Her diagnostic test is tomorrow. I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to everyone on the water snd be safe in the woods today. Hopefully will catch up on everyone’s post later today.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21157 on: Oct 21, 2020, 10:09 AM »
Well here I am in the Great Northwest, to a surprising sunny day, something the Seattle area is not especially known for.  Brothers guessers think they should mention it could rain late in the afternoon, and Bet on Rain most of Friday.

picked up a volt/ohm meter to check on his propane furnace operation, has an odd burner sound for one thing and cycles an awful lot before settling in to a continued burn.  Oh and what is going on with his golf cart not turning on.  His apartment is a Discover Class A Motor home here at the family complex.

OG May you achieve success without a major demo job.

Marv, seems I remember hunting in those same conditions, not a fun experience to say the least

Eddie is it about time to be working more inside.  They have such projects to keep you busy ?

Looks like I am the only true night owl, everyone here are still sawing logs  ::) ;D

best to all, more laters.
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #21158 on: Oct 21, 2020, 04:00 PM »
Good afternoon everyone!

What an ugly morning.  The snow was falling off the trees  every time a gust of wind came up :%$#!:

I had an odd thing this morning.....the snow ended about midnight. I was about 3/4 the way to my stand when I cut a boot track. It was 45 minutes from first light and it was fresh. I followed it for a ways but it went into my big swamp. As I was about 100 yards from my stand I cut it again. I fully intended to find someone sitting in my stand, although it kept going. I'm in the middle of nowhere so it was kind of creepy  :cookoo:

I did have an 8pt walk by down wind. Just as I was fighting myself that it was too small he winded me and bolted.

I also saw a big as in big huge bear track :woot: I have a scent proof  bag under my rifle stand with my Heater Body Suit in it. I just left it in case I got cold. The bear walked right up to it and rolled the bag around, then left.

I'm now sitting in my s-I-l's bear stand. There were a couple decent bucks on camera so being the wind is right, I'll stay here for the rest of the day.

Hope everyone is having a good day  :thumbsup:

Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #21159 on: Oct 21, 2020, 05:21 PM »

Good evening ER's,
              Marv.......When you think you're alone, someone walks through your area.
Yes it can seem creepy, but aren't you near some other camps?  The guy walking around could also help you, he could push a deer your way.

Iw

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #21160 on: Oct 21, 2020, 05:21 PM »

Good evening ER's,
              Marv.......When you think you're alone, someone walks through your area.
Yes it can seem creepy, but aren't you near some other camps?  The guy walking around could also help you, he could push a deer your way.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #21161 on: Oct 22, 2020, 02:36 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Fairly calm 56 this am, high of 65 forecasted.

Marv... Saw on the news the Minneapolis/Saint Paul area was a big mess from that snow fall, glad your wife is working from home!
That's pretty messed up cutting the fresh tracks to your stand! Wonder if the adjoining landowner was possibly putting on a drive for one of his clients, but at that time in the am it doesn't make much sense to me anyway...pretty strange!  Glad to read the action is picking up, be careful with those bears....hope one of those bigger bucks swing by today...best of luck!!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...good luck with the new spot today if you're going out!   :thumbsup:
  Bud...glad you arrived ok, hope you have a great visit! It sounds like you have some plans already....how was the flight out?  :thumbsup:    Latest news I heard about working inside is when it's too cold to be out, lol. Last year we were pouring concrete sidewalks outside in freezing temperatures... not sure what their idea of COLD is  but will keep you posted!  ;D
  I45....best wishes, thoughts and prayers with your wife today!   :thumbsup:
  OG...good luck with today's concrete demo work, hopefully it won't be too much h of a PITA!  :thumbsup:  Hard to believe some people do that crap for a living!    :cookoo:  ;D
  Tom...thanks for the info on your hunting seasons, very similar to NY's Southern Zone where I am located. How did the applesauce come out for you?   :thumbsup:
  Wally... best of luck to you and Mr.WW today, hope the bite is on fire!   :thumbsup:

Thank You everyone for the nursing home wishes, last evenings message was good, no new cases reported!   :thumbsup:
  Should be an interesting debate this evening... I'll let that one sit right there... ;D
  That time again.... Cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing & hunting!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #21162 on: Oct 22, 2020, 03:54 AM »

It's 50* here on my hill with a nicer day today. ::)
                            Eddie........I'm glad that there are no new cases at the home where your mother is. :clap: It must be nerve wracking for your family. :unsure:
                            Marv.........I hope it didn't get to cold over night for the snow to get to crunchy getting to your stand. :blink:
                            OG...........I hope all is going well with your project. ???
                            Bud..........It sounds like you have some projects to do while you visit. Good luck with them. :flex:
                            Wally........I hope you and Mr. WW have a good day out. :thumbsup:
                            I-45.........I hope your wife has a good outcome of her test today. :thumbsup:
                            H2l..........Well...Di d you get out for a little while yesterday afternoon? Did you see anything? ???
                            I have therapy this morning, then the rest of the day will be in the woods.
                            I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21163 on: Oct 22, 2020, 04:53 AM »
Morning all,

IF45.....thoughts and prayers to Mrs45  ;)

IFF....glad to hear you arrived safe and sound in WA  :thumbsup:  enjoy the visit and good luck with all the projects lined up  :flex:

IW.....good luck with therapy and in the woods  ;D

WS.....yeah creepy is the word I'd use  :o  good luck and be safe my friend  ;)2 x2 on Eddie's words about MrsWS working from home with the nasty weather  :thumbsup:

Eddie.....great news on the test results at the nursing home  :clap: 

H2L.....hope the nurse's visit yesterday went well  :)  good luck in the woods   ;)

Will be heading out shortly, hopefully the eyes are hungry  :woot:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #21164 on: Oct 22, 2020, 05:01 AM »
Good Morning everyone!

Doubt this will go through, try anyway.

Very mild this morning 33.

Heading out in a bit.

WW best of luck today!

Eddie great news from the home!

IW best of luck at therapy. Hope you see a good one in the woods!

Ended up seeing 4 last night, all bald. Maybe today.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21165 on: Oct 22, 2020, 05:11 AM »
46* this morning.
ICE45, hoping all goes well with the wife's appointments.
TT, all the stores around here sell bait and it can't be used in the woods, but it does "catch" hunters.
WS, wish our leaves were off the trees like yours are. Strange how other hunters just show up in our hunting areas. Many years ago (hunting in a hunting party, drives) I was putting out the standers. As I got to where I was going to sit, I smelled cig. smoke. It is not even light yet and I am more than a mile from the road. There was a guy standing right next to the tree I was going to. He told me he had never been in there before but wasn't going any further. He shot an 8 pt that came off our drive. Never saw him in the woods again.
IW, I took a walk yesterday. Didn't even take the gun. Cleaned up the trail. The leaves are very thick yet.
The nurses' visit went well.
Have a good day a be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21166 on: Oct 22, 2020, 08:39 AM »
A warm 43* start to the day. Rained over night but has quit for now but more is moving in from the south. I got part of the front yard cleaned of leaves after they dired out some. Should only  need  one more clean up there. The dditch laong the road is full of oak leaves so they will be carried to the property from where they came from. Looks like I will  not be getting the last length of fence put up today.

Eddie If you tried to figure out Michigan DNR's regulations you would just shake your head. There are so many if's and's and but's in the them they are ridiculous.

They layed up a cement block gym where I lived one winter. I do not unders stand how they got away with it. The funny thing about the  deal was the archetect had the print saying the lights needed to be hung below the roof truses. Our local electric company thought they should get into contracing to do elecrical contracting along with a few other things. They hung the lights acording to the print. They then ate the cost of rehanging them. That is where you make your money by having to redo archetect screw ups. They did not last long doing contracting.

I have not started on the apple sauce yet. Maybe today with the rain moving back in.

Marv Why no pictures of the bear. Shaking too bad seeing that it might damage your body suit to hold the camera steady? Like we always say about turkey hunting. Patience is a virtue. I have lacked it many times as I spooked quite a few turkeys by giving up on them comming in. They were comming in silent. If you have it that big buck will come with in range.

H2L We used to have a bunch that strated driving at day light opening day. They shot every thing that moved. Their third drive was the property next to mine. They would trespass on mine to shoot. I poated mine a few days before e seaon. I sat twhere I could see where I could see where they would drop of stander, The pi ulled up and saw the signs. They pulled ahead.It was not long and a stander came out on my power line. He did not see me until he was not far away. It was the county admistrative assistant. I asked him how would it look in the paper showing he got caught for trespassing. It did not stop them but it felt me feel good as they would remember that I was after them.

I guess it is time to start making apple sauce as it has started to rain.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21167 on: Oct 22, 2020, 10:36 AM »
Good Morning ER's cool and raining here. I 45 prayers for your wife /family. Good luck to those hunting/fishing. I was able to knock out a couple hunks with a big framing hammer( it took many whacks to first get a crack) then everything was easy. Might be time to get back to fishing before the next project pops up. Have a great day all.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21168 on: Oct 22, 2020, 05:49 PM »
well now I am a little baffled for starts on the golf cart battery only showed 10.4 volts, batter charger is in order, brought battery up to 13.7 volts, it started, but didn't stay running, suspected to much choke, let it sit for some time, restarted, go it to warm up.  Shut it off, and restated several time, let off on the foot feed it stopped, then nothing wouldn't turn over  :unsure: :unsure: :cookoo: :cookoo: :%$#!: so with out its wiring diagram will have to wing it from here  Time for a coffee anyway.

Good thinking OG.
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #21169 on: Oct 22, 2020, 07:07 PM »
Good evening everyone  :bow:

This morning around 10:30 the rain and snow moved in. I sat as long as I could take it, then went back to the shack to thaw out. With tomorrows forecast being winds of 25mph, and again a rain snow mix, I packed up and came home. I have an appointment on Monday with the Rheumatologist and will head back up after. So far it's evident the chase phase and rut are yet to come, looking forward to more stand time.

With 3" on the ground and another couple to come, I was reminded the snowblower still needs to be put on ??? Of course as long as I'm doing that, a couple more things got thrown in. All of a sudden my Friday is filled :roflmao:

TT I didn't see the bear, just the tracks in the snow ;D

Hope everyone is having a good evening :thumbsup:

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #21170 on: Oct 22, 2020, 10:37 PM »
Good evening warmer day here still in the low sixties outside. Scary incident in my town yesterday morning a collision between a tree service truck and a school bus carrying children to one of the elementary schools .The truck and bus driver are at local hospital in stable condition ,a six year old girl is in hospital with a few broken bones and deep laceration in one leg. The other children one the bus did not suffer any serious injuries thankfully. Plumber was here at my complex today completing repairs on a furnace/boiler in one of the other buildings. residents of this building have been with out heat and hot water since Monday. I still have not gotten my TV service to activate made several attempts using service provider's automated system so will call tech. support tomorrow and see if they can help me resolve the problem. I spent over a half hour on Monday night talkng with tech.support on my cell phone trying to get everything working so not looking forward to calling them tomorrow.
Whopper Stopper sorry to hear the weather is making for hard hunting conditions. It must have been a shock to find the boot prints in the snow. Best to you hooking up your snow blower and with the other projects. May you have better weather and see more deer activity when you return to the shack.
Eddie good to read the staffer who tested positive for Covid-19 had no/limited contact with residents and that there have been no new positive test results among staff and residents at your mom's nursing home. Looks like you will be working outside until there is several inches of snow on the ground or a week of below freezing temperatures.
Ice Wanderer hope today's PT session was a good one and the change of hunting areas resulted in you seeing some deer activity.
Hunts2long with the hassle I'm going through trying to activate my TV service since replacing the receiver box agree with your plug and pray comment. glad your wife had and good check up and getting out of NYC during the rush hour was problem free.
Wallyworld hope you and Mr.WW had a good day of walleye fishing.. thank you for the suggestion about keeping track of days without TV service.
Tomturkey it seems the traditional archery hunters want the odds stacked in their favor regardless of where they live part of the fight over crossbows was the "unfair" advantage they would give hunters using them during the archery season. May you not find any mice/squirrel damage at your old tower stand.
Old Goat hope you have completed the dryer duct work and all is working correctly.
Icefisher-45 may your wife's test today come back with a good report.
IFF good to hear you arrived safely in WA. appears you will be busy doing some projects for your brother. May you have a good visit and great time together.
UFCreel my your Rottie Atz be healing well from his surgery.

Stay safe and healthy . Best to all fishing and hunting.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #21171 on: Oct 23, 2020, 02:30 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Another calm start and nice day headed this way today. ..53 at the moment,  high of 66 today.

Steve. ..wow,  sorry to hear about the school bus accident,  hope that young girl and both drivers are all doing better today!  Best of luck with the tech support today.   :thumbsup:
  Marv....dang weather is playing rough with your hunting trips!  Hopefully some stabil weather is on the way, good choice heading back home for a few days.  :thumbsup:
  H2....glad to read your wife had a good appointment,  continued best wishes for her!   :clap:  Thanks for sharing the hunting story...had a similar thing happen like that.   :%$#!:
  Bud....good luck with the golf cart project!  You may be able to find that  wiring diagram on your smartphone.  :thumbsup:
  OG. ..sounds like you completed the duct work, way to go!  Maybe those big bluegills moved in...best of luck with the fishing!    :thumbsup:
  Tom....hopefully the sauce turned out great for you....enjoy!    :thumbsup:
  Wally. ..will be looking forward to your report,  hope the Eyes were hungry yesterday!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...hope your appointment went well and will be looking forward to your hunting trip report!  Best of luck today if you're going out.   :thumbsup:

TGIF....this week seemed to drag out....but it's almost over. Looking forward to tomorrow's trip with the boys...one last dose of the salmon and then get ready for the deer.
  Cawfee's on....
Have a great day all, be safe,  best of luck to those fishing & hunting!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #21172 on: Oct 23, 2020, 03:55 AM »

It's 52* and cloudy here on my hill. Sun should be out later today. ::)
                         Eddie........I know what you mean this week did seem to drag. :unsure: I bet you're looking forward to the trip up to the river tomorrow. :thumbsup:
                         Marv.........The weather sure can put a damper on things, sorry to read you hunt was cut short. :%$#!: May next week bring better conditions. :whistle:
                         Bud..........That's baffling to say the least, I hope you can find a wiring diagram to help out. :flex:
                         Steve........I saw that about the bus crash on ABC news the other night, I hope they all recover soon.  :thumbsup: I hope tech support can help. :unsure:
                         OG...........Persisten ce pays off, you got the duct work done. :flex:
                         Tom.........The leaf removal here is a never ending task until the trees are bare. :blink: I hope you can finish the fence. :flex:
                         Wally........I'll check in later to see your report from your fishing trip. :)
                         H2l..........I'm glad to read that your wife's vusit with the Dr. was a good visit. :clap: You never know who's around you when you think you're alone
                in the woods. Eddie is right I think we've all had a similar experience out there. :o
                         Yesterday in my new hunting area I saw a big Doe that I was about to take when I saw some movement beyond her, it was two young deer, so I pulled
                up and let her go. I hate to take a deer with it's fawns in tow, they would have a hard time making it alone in winter.
                         Not hunting today I have a project that I put off for nice weather, I want to get the dormer sided, #3 son is helping me.
                         I hope everone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW   

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21173 on: Oct 23, 2020, 04:58 AM »
47* this morning.
WS, you sure aren't getting a break with the weather. Here it is just too warm.
WW, hope you got on the water yesterday, it was nice.
I saw one doe yesterday morning and nothing in the afternoon. The under brush is very thick, and the red squirrels are every where.
Hope everyone has a good day and stay well..h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21174 on: Oct 23, 2020, 05:21 AM »
Good Morning ER's 38* heading all the way up to 43* for a high. Eddie hope your fishing trip is a great one. Jeff good luck on your dormer project. Hope everyone has a great day. My first post must have went to neverland today! Bud good luck on your project.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21175 on: Oct 23, 2020, 05:41 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie......good luck tomorrow  :flex:  hope the run is still going strong   ;)2

WS.....sorry Mother Nature is giving you such a hard time  :'(  better luck next week  @)

IW.....easy does it climbing around on the roof sir  :nono:

H2L.....cooler weather headed our way  ;)

MrC.....good luck with the service people  ::)

After getting to the lake yesterday the 5% chance of showers quickly turned into 100%  :blink: :%$#!:  luckily there was no wind with the rain so we just put the roof up, rain coats on and kept fishing  ;D   had on and off rain right up until we started pulling lines to leave  ::)  marked a lot of fish but struggled to put 4 in the boat, at least we beat the skunk for the final outing of the year  :-\  water temp was 57*

some very pretty scenery along the shore to go along with a rather nice day despite the rain

and good bye for now, until there's ice

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21176 on: Oct 23, 2020, 08:13 AM »
60* to start the day. It will be dropping all day with a cold front coming through. Thanks Marv for sending it my way!!!

Eddie I did not get as much sauce made yesterday as I wanted to. The apples are still a little bit on the green side making them a little hard to cut up. I make my sauce the way my mother taught me. I actuall steam them in Wearever pans that tightly seal. No pealing of the apples just take out the stem and bud end. The core pieces and skins stay in the sieve when I run the apples through it. The sauce comes out pink from the pealings. The first time I served it to the wifes grandsons they did not want to eat it. They were used to the commercial white apple sauce. YUCK

ww Those are some good eater size eyes. My plan to fish today with the cold front coming through with winds that Marv sent my way put an end to that idea. I will put up the last piece of fence after I start another batch of sauce.

IW The leaves are 99% off of my trees in the front yard. Now I have to deal with the oak leaves blowing on my lawn from across the road.

Time to get busy with.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #21177 on: Oct 23, 2020, 06:26 PM »
 Good evening warmer day here with high in the low seventies started the day off with fog. While I spent about ten minutes on the phone with tech.support person and we could not get my cable box to activate so I have a service tech. coming on Sunday morning. Friendly reminder for my fellow NY. residents early voting starts tomorrow and goes until Nov.1 check with your county/town governments or local election board as to polling locations and hours. The hours will vary depending on the day. I have not seen any updates on the school bus accident from the photos of the bus i've seen surprised more of the children did not have serious injuries.
Eddie have a safe trip and good fishing to you and your sons this weekend.
Ice Wanderer good you spotted the fawns I've always wondered if some have trouble making it through their first Winter if their mom was killed during hunting season. Hope all went well with the dormer siding nice that three of your sons live close to you and can help out with projects.
Hunts2long believe last year's milder Winter and good acorn crop help squirrel population throughout the North East. I see plenty of gray squirrels around my complex,my sister is also seeing plenty of them she has quite a few nut bearing trees in her neighborhood which I'm sure attracts the little critters.
Old Goat hope the dryer vent line is completed and you can get out after the Fall bluegills.
Wallyworld glad your boat has a canopy and you brought rain gear with you nice finish to your open water boating season. Congratulations the walleyes.
Tomturkey when I resided at the house had to deal with leaves from my neighbor's oak trees seems like they are the last tree variety to drop their leaves.
OldSailor hope you and your wife are having a good week. May you be seeing a difference in the leg you had surgery on a few weeks back.

Have a pleasant evening. stay safe and healthy. best to all fishing and hunting this weekend.
 Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21178 on: Oct 23, 2020, 10:01 PM »
Jeff, Like I said "wing" it on the golf cart, Problem solved, found a shorted wire, so the best fix is to install a new fuse holder, going to the blade type.  The other fix is replacing a carbon monoxide alarm he thought was a propane alarm, that will happen between the rain drops.  I completely forgot about the rain patterns that occur here.  One it starts a slow drizzle it can go for days.

On another note I see the weather on my hill is heading into back to back days of 8* lows for Saturday-Sunday with snow not moving out until Monday.  Only 3- 4 inches is what guesses are saying.  Should be all gone by the time I get back the following Saturday.

So for now I can sit back and watch the World Series unfold, and listen to the pitter patter of rain drops  ;D

Bud

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #21179 on: Oct 23, 2020, 10:43 PM »
Got a call from dad's home today.
He went and dislocated his shoulder.  :'(
His dementia has gone from early stage when I saw in in December to middle stage.
Gets confused a lot and because of that fights with his caregivers. Docs think he hyper extended his arm while taking on those evil PSWs. Sad how fast he is declining. Poor old bugger.

Got my quote back on the paneling for inside the cabin.
About what I expected. Just over $17k for 3,000sq ft.
Just need  to save up the $$$ now.
Won't be 2021 that's for sure. I'll keep my spending low to pay off some of the debt I have.

Been checking into $$$ on my solar power system and will be able to get 50% of the cost covered under a grant so that is good. They will cover 50% up to a maximum of $20k. I was expecting to put about $20 into the system but now can put in more and have a much bigger battery bank and still spend less than originally planned. More $$$ I don't have and need to find.  ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.