Author Topic: New Big Buddy heaters don’t have a fan. Do you use yours?  (Read 18734 times)

Offline jhepting

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: New Big Buddy heaters don’t have a fan. Do you use yours?
« Reply #30 on: Feb 17, 2020, 02:43 PM »
Totally the best life hack ever.  Did an over night on Diefenbaker for the first time.  Hot food made the trip way better.

Save yourself some time and check out the you tube videos of guys just switching the guard around and cooking on it. Looks pretty nifty and simple to do.

Offline jpicks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Feb 25, 2020, 10:51 PM »
Was at Cabelas last night.   There's one buddy heater cooking rack in stock.

Offline blackshirt7

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Jan 01, 2021, 09:21 AM »
Resurrecting this thread, let me know if this a breach of etiquette and I should have started a new one. I recently received a refurb big buddy with the fan. I don’t want to deal with the batteries and am a little reluctant to open it it to wire a step down into it. I have a power box a bring with me when I use my pop up to run the lights and charger phones. It has 12v plugs in it. I used a small Coleman power inverter and pluggged the ac adaptor into it. The purpose of this post is two fold. One is to see if anyone has any input about if this is a good idea (I heard the adaptor actually tests higher that the recommended 6v). The other is to offer another alternative to the battery or reword route. If it works good I may integrate the inverter into the power box to make it more streamlined.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.