Author Topic: Was not expecting to but was on the hardwater spec fishing today.  (Read 783 times)

Offline S.M.05

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 6 days of work, 1 day of trout.
 Picked my new sled pass and while I was out decided to check out the lakes. I hiked in to one spec lake and found it had enough ice to get out and wet a line for the afternoon.

Sure felt good to be on the hardwater again.
This snow rolling in sucks as there were alot of soft spots and the snow will hide these.
Ice needs another week of -teens still too be safe.
Had a couple inches of white ice with several inches of black ice under it
hard too see it in pick though.
If you cant ride it, drink it or bring home it to bed, it aint worth having!

Offline viciouscircle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • sure its thick enough to hold our weight, after u
Wow SM05,

Thats a nice fish. Only ever tried for those once...but someone has invited me next weekend...cant wait.

Thanks for sharing the report/pics.
   "SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!"

Offline S.M.05

• Team IceShanty Regular
 Good luck next weekend. Dont know if I can wait till then. Will have too see how much snow we get
over night as I have tomorrow off :icefish:

Offline johnnyb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fish on fish on fish on!
way to go, SMO5...just don't be tempted beyond safety...lots of heavy wet snow out here...not sure what you guys are getting...thanks for posting :)  I'm starting to develop a serious case of brookie fever...have never targeted them yet, but this is looking like it could be the year!
The harder the better!

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
That ice fits the descroption of what I found on the lake this past weekend. About 2-3'' of clear stuff and another 2-3'' of white, depending where you were on the lake. Cleats needed  :D

What no better way than to start the season with a nice little spec. Good luck if you get out tomorrow.
Andrew

Offline ravinerat

• Team IceShanty Regular
Evrerything was looking good here for Specks. Kept an eye on Temps on my little hidden lake. Now over a week of above freezing and all this snow I'll have to hold off a bit.

RR
Be safe, Float!

Offline S.M.05

• Team IceShanty Regular
 Johnnyb if you think you have the brookie fever now wait till catch one. You will sell the
house, car, wife, and kids just to get out on the ice even if you have tie yourself off to shore
and venture out on the hard stuff. :laugh:

Tip-up your right theres no better way than to start the season with a nice little spec.
Wanted to go today but this heavy wet stuff is bad news. Good news is its wet and this coming
weekends temps are going freeze it up nicely.

Starting next week the ice will only get better Ravinerat so prep the lines and check your hooks
cause theres trout in them there hills. ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.