Author Topic: Shades Mill Conservation Area, Cambridge  (Read 1805 times)

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Shades Mill Conservation Area, Cambridge
« on: Nov 29, 2008, 08:39 PM »
Has anyone fished Shades Mill Conservation Area in Cambridge before in the winter? I have done really well fishing for crappies in the spring but...I know it's open to ice fishing and I curious to know what the fishing is like in the winter months. Nice little spot and Lot's of fish of all sizes  ;D My sister lives there so the only time I really get to fish there is while visiting so I plan to smuggle some gear with me in some future trips...Best part, it's about 5 minutes from her house.

http://www.grandriver.ca/index/document.cfm?Sec=27&Sub1=131&sub2=0#fishing

Thanks  :tipup:
Andrew

Offline perchy perch and crappie

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Shades Mill Conservation Area, Cambridge Ontario
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2008, 09:16 AM »
I've ice fished there a couple of times and had great fishing both times. Fish right in front of the islands and I'm sure you will hook into either perch of some pike.

Hopefully it will be hard water soon.

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Shades Mill Conservation Area, Cambridge Ontario
« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2008, 11:35 AM »
I've ice fished there a couple of times and had great fishing both times. Fish right in front of the islands and I'm sure you will hook into either perch of some pike.

Hopefully it will be hard water soon.

The lake doesn't really have much structure to it. I figured out by the islands would be some deeper water or more along the steep break by the farmers fields. I will be searching for crappies...Shouldn't be hard to fish the entire lake in a day or two. Do you have any idea if there is a map available?

Thanks Perchy
Andrew

Offline perchy perch and crappie

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Shades Mill Conservation Area, Cambridge
« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2008, 07:25 AM »
Don't think there is any maps around, I could be wrong though. My impression of these small conservations are they usually don't publish any maps.

Good luck to you

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.