Author Topic: Another cold day on Simcoe  (Read 1660 times)

Offline ravinerat

• Team IceShanty Regular
Another cold day on Simcoe
« on: Feb 27, 2008, 08:17 PM »
Well it sure was cold out today. I met a guy on an Atv when I was unloading the sled. Said he put on at Innisfil Beach park but couldn't get over the crack. I said come with me and I'll get you over it. The crack seems to be change every day now. I found a spot to wouldn't be too bad and it was only 18" wide. The stuff around is raised anywhere from 1' to 3' ice chunks. So I broke off a bunch of chunks with my spud bar and filled the cracks. Got enough jammed in to allow the Atv to cross. So I crossed at a spot beside it so not to wreck our new bridge. The Atv got across no problem. Off to Long Shoal we went. Not too many people out there today. Marked tons of fish as usual but no hook ups. CO's were out checking documents. Even they didn't stay long. So around noon we ran to Fox Island Shoal. Set up in 74 fow or so. Buddy gets a White on. I go over and watch. I told him his drag was too loose so he tightens it. Well the Whitie is at the hole and does the "Whitie sideways" thingy. Gone......A few minutes later I get a whitie on. Man this one is pulling out lots of drag and doing big circles. Finally guide his head into the hole and my line breaks. Manage to get him on the ice. Marked lots after but no more on the ice.

Packed it in at 1500 hrs.  Crossed the crack at the same place and the chunks were frozen in a little better. Great day on the ice but it sure was cold.

RR
Be safe, Float!

Offline acer7

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Another cold day on Simcoe
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2008, 08:56 PM »
Dude it wasn't that cold. Think of the rest of us in northern Ontario. Suck it up princess!!!!!

Offline bucketmouth

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Have an ice day!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 27, 2008, 09:11 PM »
Nicely done RR, and good on ya for helping the 4-wheeled lad out  ;D

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 28, 2008, 05:04 AM »
Nicely done RR, and good on ya for helping the 4-wheeled lad out  ;D

The colder, the better the bite is going to be I find  :) Congrats on another fine catch RR...I noticed your racking up the points on NAA  :D ....someone wants a new boat
Andrew

Offline mcwoody

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 28, 2008, 07:11 AM »
another great report RR!  good for you to help buddy and his ATV out.  at the risk of an understatement, today's another honkin' cold one too.

Offline Icekimo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 18, 2008, 07:40 AM »
Nice whitie RR... saw your new toy on the other board, sweeet ride dude... gratz!

Offline viciouscircle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • sure its thick enough to hold our weight, after u
« Reply #6 on: Mar 28, 2008, 06:53 AM »
good one RR, looks cold, that whitie got the flash freeze treatment by the looks of it.
   "SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!"

Offline oleike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 30, 2008, 12:36 AM »
Dude it wasn't that cold. Think of the rest of us in northern Ontario. Suck it up princess!!!!!

yeah..well..us guys over 40 have just a tad less circulation goin on there prince. Cut us some slack.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.