Author Topic: Quinte Feb. 24  (Read 848 times)

Offline bowboy33

• IceShanty Rookie
Quinte Feb. 24
« on: Feb 26, 2008, 09:55 AM »
Well, I finally made it out.  Have planned 3 trips and always too warm or a winter storm warning.  After seeing that fish were being caught all over, we decided to go out to Huffs for Sunday.  Long story short, we landed 10 walters, biggest being 3.5, and both lost a piggy each.   Not a bad day, but still missing that big fish through the ice.

Thinking of heading down with a buddy on Thursday.  Wondering if anyone is heading down??  Maybe Friday too.
Mark

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Quinte Feb. 24
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2008, 09:25 PM »
Can't camplain with a day like that  :tipup: Did you get out today?
Andrew

Offline bowboy33

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Quinte Feb. 24 & 28th
« Reply #2 on: Mar 01, 2008, 09:37 PM »
So we got out for one last attempt, as I had to work on Sat.  Went out Thursday, starting off meeting Jeff C and Paul from Quinte ice fishing team at Skevies for 5:30 AM,   completely cranked for the day ahead of us.     Long story short, -25 C huge high pressure and cold front moved in the day before and the fish were off.   Jeff & Paul hopped the 4 of us around all morning in hopes of finding the school they had been on for the past 2 weeks.  Around 7AM, I had just relocated and started seeing a few marks on the vex.   Missed a good fish 6-9 pnd, iced a hotdog and missed a few other small ones..... That was it.  no other bites between us all that morning.  Paul marked fish on the vex and they just wouldnt commit.  Paul missed a few in the evening but nothing.  Talked to a bunch of lads through out the ice and stores and it was slow every where.
We had a great day all and all, just no fish co operated today.    A big thank you to Jeff and Paul for putting out the time and effort.  Great guys, know there stuff, and I'll definitely book them again next year.
Mark

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.