Author Topic: Bay of Quinte: Pics from this weekend including a 14lbs - 32" Walleye  (Read 1751 times)

Offline Jeff_C

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bay of Quinte
The boys did their homework well this week with some very successful pre-fishing for this weekend.  Yesterday morning we landed on a serious school of fish.  They found the masses as well as a few that had just visit the gizzard shad buffet.  Our guys iced an 11.5lb, a 10lb, and Ryan iced this 14lb - 32" Walleye.  Everyone caught fish, and some caught a lot of fish.  With perfect weather, and plenty of fish, it was an amazing day.

Did I mention the perfect on ice fish fry!  ;)

Good luck to all...

Jeff

Ryan's 14lbs - 32" Walleye

From a different angle

11.5lbs

Two angler's limit.

Offline hardwater man

• IceShanty Rookie
Those are some nice 'eyes
                              HWM

Offline bucketbass

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • rippin lips
thats a pig i like the angle of it looking at you, you can see its size better that way

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Yummy L.Ontario monster walleye  :D :sick:

Those fish are some serious rod benders! Monsters!!!

Thanks for sharing!
Andrew

Offline bucketmouth

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Have an ice day!
That second pic of your buddy's 'eye almost looks like a slobbo pike  :o

Nicely done guys!

D.

Offline Jeff_C

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bay of Quinte
Just a couple of comments:

First of all, this 14lb fish was actually caught on a medium light St. Croix rod with 6lb mono. Ryan had to prove a point, and was very successful in doing so. Personally, I still like my 32H St. Croix that is cut down to 29". (Although, that one blew up on a fish on Saturday night... grr..)

We always encourage the releasing of the larger fish, and most of the fish caught yesterday were released. Two anglers did keep a limit each, but the large group kept a couple of 2-3lb fish and threw back a plethora of 5-6lbers along with some larger ones.

Unfortunately we had two large fish get fatally hooked or both of these would have been released as well. (The 10lber was successfully released.)

We ourselves try to never keep any fish over 4lbs. With all of the fish that we catch, why would we? There are plenty of 2-3lb fish that we can selectively harvest.

Of course, if someone is fishing with us and they choose to take a trophy home for a skin mount, they have the legal right to do so and we have no problem with that either.

Good luck all...

Jeff

Offline bucketmouth

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Have an ice day!
I know one thing... if that was my 14lber it would be going on the wall.  Damn thing looks like it ate a cinder block for it's last meal.  I'd feel worse taking an 8lber for the wall than a 14, how much life could that big gurl actually have left in her?

my .02
Don

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
Those are some great fish Jeff. Glad to see you guys are into them good. :thumbsup:

Offline firstfish

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I love it when I can walk on water!
Hey Jeff, sorry to cancel on ya, Son had other duties to tend to :(.  By the looks of it, it was our loss...maybe next season.  I have ya marked in favorites so I'll be in touch. ;D

Offline Homer Jay

• IceShanty Rookie
HUGE eyes, good job! gorgeous fish

who's your cameraman though? needs to work on his craft, get that thing out of the way!

Offline Jeff_C

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bay of Quinte
Yes, the camera man needs a lesson.  Unfortunately I was occupied (getting the fish fry gear set up) at the time and had another guy take the pictures.  You can tell which ones I took.  ;)  A fish like that deserves a proper photo...

Lesson learned.

I will have my Digital SLR on standby at all times this week with the point and shoot in my inside pocket as a backup only.

Jeff

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.