Author Topic: Eskimo dealers?  (Read 4454 times)

Offline TheDL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Eskimo dealers?
« on: Dec 05, 2011, 12:19 PM »
anyone know of a store in south eastern ontario (toronto through ottawa) that sells eskimo brand?
Tight lines

Offline markjsolomon

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Eskimo dealers?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2011, 02:50 PM »
I see Gagnon Sports in Oshawa is selling some things I would call before venturing in as they have limited Eskimo stuff

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2011, 02:55 PM »
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Woodsman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2011, 04:50 PM »
My local Canadian Tire carries some Eskimo Products but far from the whole line.

Living proof that "beer builds better bellies"

Offline fish_boy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Quinte Walleye
« Reply #4 on: Dec 05, 2011, 07:04 PM »
LeBarons also carries eskimo augers. If I remember they have a store in Ottawa, Montreal, Missisauga, and Markham. Maybe one other place but can't remember off the top of my head. They have a website.

Offline burts122

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 05, 2011, 09:08 PM »
Canadiantire has Rapalas for $250 right now which are a rebranded Eskimo. I think it might have been a three day sale; if you are looking to purchase now it might be worth looking into. I think Costco is also carying a rebranded Eskimo. They have a pretty awesome return policy too I think.

If not you can try Lebaron.ca

Offline TheDL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 06, 2011, 07:14 AM »
My local Canadian Tire carries some Eskimo Products but far from the whole line.
yep, that's my thoughts on Canadian Tire too...I'm actually looking for the pop out shanties...I wish I was power auger shopping
Tight lines

Offline Woodsman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 06, 2011, 08:01 AM »
Which pop out hut are you looking for?
I'm thinking about the FatFish 949i.

Living proof that "beer builds better bellies"

Offline TheDL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 06, 2011, 08:32 AM »
that's the one - I've heard great things!  I did a little experiement on the weekend where I marked out the dimensions of various ones in my living room and set up mock fishing setups - the fatfish is a perfect size for 2 guys and lots of gear.  I'm looking for one I can cook in and sleep in - the quickfish 6 is big and cheap and light, but I didn't like the rectangle shape and the 9416 seemed like overkill considering I'm hand towing.  One thing to watch out for, is the collapsed length of the fatfish is 65" if I'm not mistaken - but that was word of mouth, can't find the official spec for collapsed length.
Tight lines

Offline gaspumper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 06, 2011, 09:06 AM »
Walmart in Belleville has the Eskimo 3 quickfish for $279.99.

Offline TheDL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 06, 2011, 01:30 PM »
hey gaspumper - what about some of the other stores in belleville?  Is canadian tire all stocked for ice fishing?  I've never been but I've heard there's awesome fishing stores in quinte...I'm surprised that walmart would be the place to find a pop-up  ???
Tight lines

Offline gaspumper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 06, 2011, 06:49 PM »
Haven't been into CTC lately,will check Fri.morning.Our Walmart has some power augers and hand augers,not a lot of winter tackle but a fair amount of summer stuff.

Offline TheDL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 07, 2011, 08:25 AM »
yeah, please do - I'm driving up there just to see the CTC and protackle, and one more store icejunky recommended, can't remember the name...would hate to make the drive if they're not setup for ice fishing yet...although I know protackle is having a notax sale and doing some kind of "ice gear" special this weekend.
Tight lines

Offline the jigs up

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 12, 2011, 09:34 PM »
DL

I know you don't live near BPS but they have the Eskimo Fat Fish on sale right now for $229 I think. Check out their recent flyer. Prices good until Dec 24.
Born to fish...Forced to work...To pay for Fishing!!!

Offline Willhound

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 13, 2011, 06:23 AM »
Pretty sure I saw some Eskimo stuff at the new Sail store in Vaughn when I was in there two weeks ago. I believe they also do mail order if you're not close.

Offline TheDL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Dec 13, 2011, 07:39 AM »
DL

I know you don't live near BPS but they have the Eskimo Fat Fish on sale right now for $229 I think. Check out their recent flyer. Prices good until Dec 24.
Dang, that's a good deal!  I already ordered one from red rock at $219, and I'm going to try out the border pickup service called "kinek", I would've ordered that fat fish from BPS for sure if I had heard earlier, oh well.
Tight lines

Offline the jigs up

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 13, 2011, 06:43 PM »
Enjoy that Fat Boy. Now you gotta put a few Fat Wally's in it.
Born to fish...Forced to work...To pay for Fishing!!!

Offline TheDL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Dec 14, 2011, 08:23 AM »
that's the plan...at this rate I'll have to float the shanty out there to get 'em though.
Tight lines

Offline Chugbug262

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Dec 18, 2011, 09:25 PM »
This may be one of the best websites in Canada as per pricing and selection .... they have been great for me ......https://www.thefishinhole.com/index.cfm?imageSku=3870385&enlargeSkuz=26806&C=073&GETPRODUCTSBYCLASSG=073&D=07

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.