Author Topic: Tomorrow  (Read 4250 times)

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Tomorrow
« on: Feb 15, 2018, 04:50 PM »
Ok, who's crazy enough to fish tomorrow other than myself?

Offline jr11888

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2018, 04:53 PM »
 if you have safe ice where you go that's fine but down here in Central Indiana I wouldn't advise it😑 
 please be careful

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 15, 2018, 05:04 PM »
Not going to start driving south now! ;D

Offline ftwwalleye

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 15, 2018, 05:06 PM »
60 degrees and rain....no thanks
Beer is proof that god loves us-ben franklin

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 15, 2018, 05:47 PM »
Com'on Chad, it's going to be 30 and no rain in the morning.  Buddy was on the ice a little bit ago and it was better than some I was on a month ago.  Might not be in the morning though, just don't know until you're standing there wacking at it.  Built me a new Spud this year and it is heavy duty.  It will get a workout tomorrow along with my right arm, sucker is heavy. 

Offline bubbagill

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Marking Reds, Catching Greens.
« Reply #5 on: Feb 15, 2018, 06:46 PM »
We've had a lot more rain than I had hoped for.  Not counting it over but probably so for me.  I'm not a thin ice build lol.
Marking Reds, catching Greens.
HOLY COW.  Go Cubs Go.

Offline Hexagenia51

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 15, 2018, 08:04 PM »
I thought about looking around alittle tomorrow. Wifey doesn't want me to go out anymore. We got quite a bit of rain today so I'm not too optimistic about making it back out. I saw about 8 guys on little crooked today before the rain. And I saw a black guy going out on the lake, a first for me. I didn't want any part of that ice and that guy walked right out without a spud. I left quick! Hex

Offline bubbagill

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Marking Reds, Catching Greens.
« Reply #7 on: Feb 16, 2018, 07:38 AM »
Anybody try it?  What are you seeing as far as ice?
Marking Reds, catching Greens.
HOLY COW.  Go Cubs Go.

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 16, 2018, 07:52 AM »
There's ice, just have to be xtra careful!

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 16, 2018, 09:39 AM »
Getting some reds

Offline CrappieJigger29

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 16, 2018, 10:16 AM »
Possibly depending on what the ice looks like tomorrow

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 16, 2018, 02:35 PM »
Sunday will be my last day on the ice :'( for this year. Floating jigs are on their way along with a new pair of waders from cabelas. Im ready to wind down the season and start thinking about walleyes.

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Feb 16, 2018, 03:22 PM »
Ice in Tri County is holding up well.  6" firm and bank is pretty good too.  Should hold well till Sunday.  Tomorrow will be my last day.  Was going to call it today but the ice was better than expected and so was the bite!

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 16, 2018, 03:27 PM »
Ice in Tri County is holding up well.  6" firm and bank is pretty good too.  Should hold well till Sunday.  Tomorrow will be my last day.  Was going to call it today but the ice was better than expected and so was the bite!
the bite is going to be on fire while there is still ice. Got buddies in the area i plan to fish, so I will make the call for a plank to get off  if need be.

Offline Bottom_Bouncer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Feb 16, 2018, 03:45 PM »
Where you guys going to be at in Tri-County tomorrow?

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 16, 2018, 04:33 PM »
Where you guys going to be at in Tri-County tomorrow?
:whistle: :blink: i doubt anyone will give names for a person to go get on questionable ice.

Offline Reel_Ice_hole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Feb 16, 2018, 05:56 PM »
I thought about looking around alittle tomorrow. Wifey doesn't want me to go out anymore. We got quite a bit of rain today so I'm not too optimistic about making it back out. I saw about 8 guys on little crooked today before the rain. And I saw a black guy going out on the lake, a first for me. I didn't want any part of that
 ice and that guy walked right out without a spud. I left quick! Hex

I know we're a rare breed... but we ice fish too lol

Offline ct83

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Feb 16, 2018, 06:00 PM »
Reel ice hole is really a rare breed and the man flat out puts the smack down on em. Lol.

Offline Reel_Ice_hole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Feb 16, 2018, 06:06 PM »
Reel ice hole is really a rare breed and the man flat out puts the smack down on em. Lol.

Thanks Bud... I wouldn't be able to do out it without my fearless, fish catching crew... and that guy (ct83) is being way humble cause he can wack em and stack em with the best of em

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Feb 16, 2018, 06:09 PM »
The things some guys say, Crazy!  Keep your stick on the ice!!

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Feb 17, 2018, 01:37 PM »
Bite and size wasn't as good as yesterday but they were starting to do a little better when I leave.  It was good to meet you guys from down south!  I hope you got some more keepers after I left.  I had a decent bag of fish but almost all were just eaters.  I didn't have a single good redear like yesterday.

Oh, by the way Hex, there was a black guy on Spear today! ;). Hope to fish with ya again Brian!  Maybe we can get into those crappies if there are any left.  I'll be down your way to get some walleye off PC too.

Offline Hexagenia51

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Feb 17, 2018, 02:28 PM »
Roeboat did he have a spud and ice picks and maybe a life preserver? That guy had none of the above and just walked right out like that ice was all good and it looked pretty sketchy! That's why I left didn't want to witness a tragedy! Hex

Offline roll tide

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Feb 17, 2018, 04:12 PM »
Just came off lake around Angola, 7+” of ice. Solid at edges. Fishing slow but managed  8 nice gills

Offline TennesseeFreeze

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Feb 17, 2018, 05:01 PM »
Just got done fishing Webster and Spear with Reel Ice Hole and Ct83, They always catch 20 to my 1. Its tuff fishing with dudes that are that good sometimes! Good to meet you on the ice Roeboat. 6 and 8inches. Good Ice. Good Times with the Crew. ;D

Hex your lame man. >:(

Offline ct83

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Feb 17, 2018, 06:23 PM »
Just got done fishing Webster and Spear with Reel Ice Hole and Ct83, They always catch 20 to my 1. Its tuff fishing with dudes that are that good sometimes! Good to meet you on the ice Roeboat. 6 and 8inches. Good Ice. Good Times with the Crew. ;D

Hex your lame man. >:(
well said brother!!!! Niceeeting you roe boat. And id be more than happy if we could get you on some crappies next ice season. The crew would enjoy your company for sure. We like to cut up but we get after them at the same time!

Offline Reel_Ice_hole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Feb 17, 2018, 06:40 PM »
Please allow me to retort lol (this guy)

Roeboat did he have a spud and ice picks and maybe a life preserver? That guy had none of the above and just walked right out like that ice was all good and it looked pretty sketchy! That's why I left didn't want to witness a tragedy! Hex
Float suit... check... spud in the truck... (didn't plan on checking any sketchy ice today) picks were in the bucket... again didn't really plan on checking any sketchy ice... plus the float suit should keep me up until one of the twenty guys on the ice can grab the rope from the back of my truck!!

Roeboat, it was great to meet you on the ice today bud, thanks for sharing the info with me... let me know when ull be around PC! and last but not least ct83, Tennessee, THE CREW!! It's been one hell of a year super happy I met you two this season... my road dogs!! And true fishing buddies

Offline ct83

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Feb 17, 2018, 06:52 PM »
Please allow me to retort lol (this guy)
Float suit... check... spud in the truck... (didn't plan on checking any sketchy ice today) picks were in the bucket... again didn't really plan on checking any sketchy ice... plus the float suit should keep me up until one of the twenty guys on the ice can grab the rope from the back of my truck!4!

Roeboat, it was great to meet you on the ice today bud, thanks for sharing the info with me... let me know when ull be around PC! and last but not least ct83, Tennessee, THE CREW!! It's been one hell of a year super happy I met you two this season... my road dogs!! And true fishing buddies
amen brother! Have fish will travel!!!!! Lol.

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Feb 17, 2018, 07:02 PM »
Glad you guys made it up, well do it again next year.  Hope to get on some of that soft water with y'all.

Wish the fishing would have been better but that's how it goes, can't get your limit of 14" slabs every day!

Brian, Chance, and Nick hope to fish with ya again soon, tight lines!

Offline Hexagenia51

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #28 on: Feb 17, 2018, 07:10 PM »
Real-ice-hole good to know you use the safety gear needed, evidently you weren't the guy I saw going out on little crooked lake yesterday. Stay safe out there! That guy had no safety gear that I could see and was just walking out on sketchy ice. Roeboat if making that observation makes me lame your comment puzzles me. Hex

Offline drine_11

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Feb 17, 2018, 07:32 PM »
Slammed the gills today up around webster area.  Great way to end my season.  Ice was still in pretty good shape but won't be for much longer.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.