Author Topic: DIY Minnow Bucket  (Read 1563 times)

Offline Grillking26

• IceShanty Rookie
DIY Minnow Bucket
« on: Feb 20, 2018, 08:27 PM »
I’m sick of foam buckets that leak inside my 5gal pail. My dad has a custom one that is one bucket inside a 5gal bucket and secured, insulated, and has a custom cover. It’s over 20 years old and without taking it apart don’t know what kinda bucket is in the inside. I’m posting here cuz I’m wondering if you guys can help me with an idea of a bucket small enough to fit in a 5gal and foam around but big enough for bait. Have also thought about a kitty litter pail...is that big enough for a 5gal to fit inside? Gonna try to do this this weekend and if I get something figured out I’ll get some pictures up here with materials and such. Surprised I haven’t seen anyone try this before. Thanks guys.

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: DIY Minnow Bucket
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2018, 08:36 PM »
I use a small cooler.  Drill a hole for the aerator hose and screw the aerator to the lid.  It works good.  Alot  easier than trying to make something else work.
Don

Offline spoofhoundicefisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 20, 2018, 08:50 PM »
same here used an old schlitz cooler and drilled a hole thru it and ran the hose out for the aerator and used some plumbers tape for mounting it to the outside.  lid just friction fits on and comes on and off in a jiffy.  it also seals up well enough to ride in the back seat and not leak.  really like it for the sled too as it gets beat and bounced around. 

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 21, 2018, 05:34 PM »
go to an ice crème store. ask for a large slush pail (they may tell you that they send them back for credit/recycling). they fit loosely in a 8 gal bucket. use spray foam insulation on the bottom and around the pail

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.