Author Topic: lurking  (Read 9493 times)

Offline HaveAuger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
lurking
« on: Sep 08, 2006, 04:52 PM »
Waiting, thinking, Dreaming and that honey to do list gets longer and longer. Well time to hit the beach before the wife gets home.

Offline bayonne

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: lurking
« Reply #1 on: Sep 18, 2006, 09:47 PM »
minds on hunting now till we get winter back

Offline JigAwhopper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • addicted to ICE
« Reply #2 on: Sep 21, 2006, 03:20 PM »
is it freezing  there in Jersey yet??   I've been dreaming about popping few holes with my auger already  ;D

Offline Icephishnphreek

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I come from the land of Lizards
« Reply #3 on: Sep 21, 2006, 06:26 PM »
 :D I was just looking at prices of hand augers and figured I see what was going on in here 8) Looking forward to the season!!!

Offline JigAwhopper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • addicted to ICE
« Reply #4 on: Sep 22, 2006, 02:24 PM »
I'm hoping for a LOOOONG and COOOOLD winter this time,  like we had few years ago,   I went on the ice on Dec 18 and it was all done in mid March,    That was awesome.  I think it was like 5-6 years ago.

Offline bucknbass

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Sep 29, 2006, 07:00 PM »
iT IS GOING TO BE IN THE MID TO UPPER 30S TONIGHT UP HERE IN NORTH.BRING ON THE ICE!!! ;D ;D

Offline AJ Flag

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • TEAM MERCER!!!
« Reply #6 on: Nov 14, 2006, 02:05 PM »
It's been kind of warm up here in North Jersey the last couple of days, I'm hoping for a quick turn around so we can get this ice goin.  I might start building up a supply of ice cubes and start throwing them in the lakes to help get things started  ;D

"That's how you do it...That is how you ice fish!" MM

Offline LoneWolf

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
« Reply #7 on: Nov 14, 2006, 04:21 PM »
I might start building up a supply of ice cubes and start throwing them in the lakes to help get things started  ;D

Get going AJ !!  ;D
I saw the weather forecast and they were saying overnight lows, for this weekend, are going to be in the mid 30's.  :thumbsup:

Those who are brave are free ..

Offline doodle

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • You gotta love the hard water.
« Reply #8 on: Nov 16, 2006, 04:40 PM »
Ah yes it,s about that time again. Thoughts of drilling holes and tight lines.  ;D

Offline JigAwhopper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • addicted to ICE
« Reply #9 on: Nov 21, 2006, 03:35 PM »
Hey guys,  is if freezing there yet???  I'm hoping to pop few holes in the ice when I fly in for Christmas ;D

Offline iceman_4432

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 22, 2006, 09:33 AM »
Not freezing yet but the week after Thanksgiving is looking promising.  Nightly lows in the upper 20's. 

I feel it coming .. the ice will be here soon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline bassintom_nj

• IceShanty Rookie
  • got bass?
« Reply #11 on: Nov 22, 2006, 09:44 PM »
water temps around here(northwest nj)are still in low 50's,high 40's...i'm still using the boat.but i fired up the auger today just to make sure it's ready.in the process of setting up my equip.looking forward to it.
wishin' i wuz fishin'<br /><br />fishing is not a matter of life and death,IT'S MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THAN THAT!

Offline Sub Zero

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Ice?
« Reply #12 on: Nov 27, 2006, 10:33 AM »
I started the Ice Auger this weekend. Just waiting on Mother Nature now.
People think we're crazy but we know better!

Offline Icephishnphreek

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I come from the land of Lizards
« Reply #13 on: Nov 27, 2006, 08:09 PM »
I started the Ice Auger this weekend. Just waiting on Mother Nature now.

Getting mine ready for the season on Friday!. December 1 every year for the past 10 seasons is when I first start er up........Lets hope this winter is  MUCH colder then last year...... :tipup:

Offline iceman_4432

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Nov 28, 2006, 10:09 AM »
The colder air should be moving in this weekend.  Look for daytime highs from Dec 2 thru 12 in the 40's, some int he 30's with below freezing nightime temps. 

A good ole fashioned deep freeze for a week after the 12th would certainly be welcome :D

Offline JigAwhopper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • addicted to ICE
« Reply #15 on: Nov 28, 2006, 11:07 AM »
It would be nice to get on the ice before  Christmas,  I think we're overdue for a cold winter,  especially since the last year was so lousy........

Offline iceman_4432

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Nov 28, 2006, 11:17 AM »
It would be nice to get on the ice before  Christmas,  I think we're overdue for a cold winter,  especially since the last year was so lousy........

Amen to that !  Last year was horrible, we already paid our dues !!!!!   Im keeping my fingers crossed that once the cold air gets here it sticks around.   On the ice before Christmas .. now thats all the present I need  ;D

Offline Sub Zero

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Ice?
« Reply #17 on: Nov 28, 2006, 01:18 PM »
Thus far it's been an exceptionally mild fall, I starting to get concerned again! I know from the past it can change real fast also and maybe we will be out on the ice this year. Hell, I'd like to get one last trip in on the 2006 fishing license. Too bad I packed the boat away last week...
People think we're crazy but we know better!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.