The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Stuck Chuck  (Read 1635 times)

Offline RuralMT

• Team IceShanty Regular
Stuck Chuck
« on: Feb 28, 2020, 08:33 PM »
Good evening all.  I was wondering if any of you drill-auger-users have encountered this problem and, if so, can provide some insight.  I got out to the lake this evening, expecting to do some exploratory drilling for some perch, only to find that my chicken-wing arms couldn't loosen the chuck of my drill.  You see, I was using it to build a picture frame the night before and had to remove a phillips bit.  I was able to loosen it with a pair of vice grips, but I'd rather not carry the grips with me every time I fish. 

My question is this: what did I do to get it so severely stuck that (my) hands alone couldn't loosen it? 

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Stuck Chuck
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2020, 08:41 PM »
I do know that on some drills that tightening the Chuck then backing it off a 1/4 turn locks the chuck

Offline RuralMT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2020, 08:52 PM »
I do know that on some drills that tightening the Chuck then backing it off a 1/4 turn locks the chuck

This definitely could have occurred, but should be so difficult to unlock afterwards?  By the way, I'm using a Milwaukee hammer-drill.

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 28, 2020, 09:01 PM »
I wouldn't think it would be, maybe a few 12 oz curls could help strengthen your arms

Offline chartreusealltheway

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 28, 2020, 09:08 PM »
Milwaukee sucks. I've been in construction for many years and ran dewalt with no problems,  even ran a drill underwater to fix a water pipe in a trench!  For some dumb reason I switched to Milwaukee,  nothing but problems including a stuck chuck.  Not to mention the batteries don't work when cold and the way the batteries hook up to the drill gets loose after a while of strenuous work causing shortages.   I work along side dewalt users that out perform me.  Buy dewalt

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.